st rochs

haters2

Has the bubble burst at st rochs or has there amateur manager and amateur players been found out? Heard lots of good things about the Roch at start of season but also heard a lot of negative stuff aswell rumour and I may say rumour has it that few committee members have chucked it due to the way the current manager has them playing (long ball) and that they have now formed an ultra fans group that sing bigoted songs. Long are the days when the candy were a good junior team now they sit 2nd bottom and are a laughing stock.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roch,,are doing a lot of good work on n off the park ,,,,been very unlucky,, in a lot of games,, ,Andy n Robert,, will sort things out,,,cos it's not easy stepping up from amatuer,,,as thorniewood, the same,, a lot of ams ,, comg in with there manager,,,

Must say St Rochs are a great club , with little to know funds the guys behind the scenes do a lot of work , like a lot of other clubs they have been in transition for a number of years . For me Andy Cameron is the best man for the job , he has attracted local players and local interest . On the park they are not a million miles away and have been unlucky with injuries . Give the guys time it's been 5 months . All the best to them.

The Roch committee are working hard down at provanhill and the young boys who go to all the games and are just supporting their team. Nowhere near the idiots they had in previous years. As for the team it is a competative league the second division and on any day any team can't beat anyone.

It will take time fir their younger players to adapt to junior football

St Rochs visited Somervell Park about 6 weeks ago on league business & their fans seemed in good spirits during the first half when they were winning 1-0 after an early goal. A couple of them wandered down behind the goals at the old Hoover end & draped an irish tricolour over the wall right behind the Cambuslang goalkeeper for reasons only known to themselves.

Anyway , late in the second half as the game swung in Cambuslang's favour with the home team now 2-1 up the atmosphere changed & the Cambuslang players & management were subject to chants of 'zombie b******s' , **** etc & at full time the referee was told in no uncertain terms from a few of the st rochs fans that he was a bigot & 'is it because we wear green that you sent our player off!'

I was a wee bit dissappointed to witness this as I'd read on here at the start of this season that the St Rochs committee were claiming a 'zero tolerance' against anyone using sectarian language etc which they've been plagued with for years.

As a former st Rochs player and present member of management team the comments from haters 2 and mr blue are ridiculous. As all teams andy Cameron has managed he doesn't allow u to go long ball and if you do you are slaughtered we are a passing team who are not getting the rub of the green at present. That ll come!as for the bigoted comments a few of our lads are rangers men and have took the candy to their heart.if there were bigoted comments floating about they'd b the first to complain and be backed up by the rest of the roch family! Rant over but heard this nonsense for yrs because we r from garngad and wear green we r moving on so should u

As a former st Rochs player and present member of management team the comments from haters 2 and mr blue are ridiculous. As all teams andy Cameron has managed he doesn't allow u to go long ball and if you do you are slaughtered we are a passing team who are not getting the rub of the green at present. That ll come!as for the bigoted comments a few of our lads are rangers men and have took the candy to their heart.if there were bigoted comments floating about they'd b the first to complain and be backed up by the rest of the roch family! Rant over but heard this nonsense for yrs because we r from garngad and wear green we r moving on so should u

I was responding to the OP.

What I've posted is what I witnessed. Couldn't give a monkeys if you think its ridiculous.

Also , doesn't bother me in the slightest what fans shout or whatever.

And why are you bringing your players football persuasions into this for? I never mentioned your players. I said it was a few of your fans , never mentioned the players. I think its you that needs to move on.

St Rochs visited Somervell Park about 6 weeks ago on league business & their fans seemed in good spirits during the first half when they were winning 1-0 after an early goal. A couple of them wandered down behind the goals at the old Hoover end & draped an irish tricolour over the wall right behind the Cambuslang goalkeeper for reasons only known to themselves.

Anyway , late in the second half as the game swung in Cambuslang's favour with the home team now 2-1 up the atmosphere changed & the Cambuslang players & management were subject to chants of 'zombie b******s' , **** etc & at full time the referee was told in no uncertain terms from a few of the st rochs fans that he was a bigot & 'is it because we wear green that you sent our player off!'

I was a wee bit dissappointed to witness this as I'd read on here at the start of this season that the St Rochs committee were claiming a 'zero tolerance' against anyone using sectarian language etc which they've been plagued with for years.

Ha I take it you have never been to An Ardeer thistle match? The "Ardeer Ultras" are 10 times worse, singing the sash one minute, then a celtic song the next, They thrive on other teams having players who are not from Scotland (lets say) Vile chants about other players sexuality and all sorts dodjy abuse constantly.

This is comin more frequent and the Ardeer Commitee love them. They said awful things about an ex managers wife ( who did not help herself and cooked up a storm )

Duffycandy I take it your Robert. I'm not talking about your players saying bigoted stuff to other players in have witnessed at first hand your fans given abuse to players and calling them zombie b*****ds and zombie this I was infact at the cambuslang game and seen your fans group put the tricolour behind the goalkeeper that inn itself is surely bringing a headache to yourself and Andy Cameron but on the other hand I have heard a rumour from a thorniewood player that several of your squad are in fact bigots as I believe they had a good rivalry with few of thorniewood players former club last season and things got heated again just a rumour. I do hope it works out at the Roch as the club holds a special place in my heart but when you see guys like frank Brady walk away due to committee issues you wonder what lies benief

I was also at the Cambuslang game and heard the nonsense shouting from the 'Ultras'. Had a chuckle at the unfurling of the flag as it's something I thought I'd never see at a Junior game! My mate was rather more annoyed than I was and he is of green & white persuasion! Just no need whatsoever at any game let alone a Junior game. Actually felt more embarrassed for the group of lads than anything else.

Few weeks ago I was at the the East Kilbride game which was a good old fashioned Junior game and highly entertaining. The 'Ultras' were pretty quiet that game to be fair. Plenty of long balls played by the Candy in that game and zero attempt to play football. If the Candy lads had put more effort into playing football than trying to get the Thistle full back sent off then they might have got seething out the game. The Candy came across as a young, inexperienced team who don't know how to react when things get tough. Resorting to amateurish bickering and off the ball petty arguments won't win you any games or admirers! Too many wee neds in the squad! I appreciate there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes and that is great to hear. Hope the hard work gets the rewards it deserves.

The thorniewood players we had the rivalry with were also from a celtic persuasion so don't know what your getting at ? As for our fans and tri colours a few of the young lads are from irish backgrounds I would put up a scotland flag as I'm scottish and have done so at our park. As I saw first hand frank was doing a grt job as are the rest of our committee but all teams need fresh ideas hence the new committee members time will tell if we can get it right thanks for your comment tho

Ted, we played ek off the park for. 90 mins 60 of them with 10 men! For our last attempt on goal in 90 mins we played 8 one touch passes thru the middle of the park where you really there! Two of the ek players said we were hard done by but that counts for nothing a lot of banter at games st roch v Camby was built up as mini celtic v rangers so a few outwith both team fans attended hence the bigotry from both crowds on the day

Exactly! If the players heard abusive or the comments you are saying then doubt they'd hang around at our club calm down love !

Go back & read my first post on this thread. The point I was making was that people from your club were on here in the summer telling everyone that they would no longer tolerate sectarian behaviour from their fans.

I was pointing out incidents that I witnessed at Somervell Park back in November which were unfortunate & contradict St Rochs 'zero tolerance' claims earlier in the season.

For the record , I couldn't care less what your fans get up to. If it had bothered me I would've said something on here at the time of the game , not 6 or 7 weeks after the game. In fact me & my mates who were at the game had a wee chuckle after the game in the pub reminiscing about scary incidents we had to endure over the years up at St Rochs park.

I've been watching Cambuslang since the early '60's & could right a book about stuff I've seen at games.

Archived