Alan Forrest v Our bitches

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You made the mistake of saying something positive about Stef McCluskey. You earned one of VT's (endless supply of) red dots. We cant pretend that he's not been disappointing so far, but he was outstanding on Saturday. He also happened to clinch the three points in the last meeting with Stenny with a very good goal. There are definitely signs that there is a player in there. Hopefully he goes on to prove it.

He earned the red dot, and deservedly so, for suggesting that we should avoid being "harsh" on individuals when a clearly superior option has joined the squad. If MacDonald is fit then he should start every game until circumstances dictate otherwise, as McManus had to start every game. You field your limited number of quality players in their best positions, and to hell with hoping that bit-part players will consistently prove their worth at this stage in the season. That's what the subs' bench is for.

This is supposedly a professional football club, not a social club.

He's not our worst midfielder though. He's better than McGovern and Gilmour.

Depends how you define better I suppose. He has less ability than both of them, but that's probably a fair argument in terms of what he actually contributes to the team. Personally I'd probably play McGovern before him, but it really wouldn't make much difference either way.

huge game this for both sides, for completely different reasons.

fear the worst for Ayr if i`m honest, Peaso heading back to the Ton is massive for them and I reckon could fire them to promotion,

would love Ayr to sneak a point but cant see anything other than a 2/3 nil win for the away side.

Archived