Wet Shave/Dry Shave

Romeo

How do you shave?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clean shaving is for looking sharp.

Beard trimmers and having a beard are for hipsters or jaikies.

I can't go out with a beard. Just feel tinky, some people do suit beards however.

I had one for about 3 month and the bird at the time said she liked it but I thought it looked terrible, just trying to make me look ugly I think so no other lassies came near me! :lol:

My stubble is what pushes me to a 9/10 I think. Wouldn't like a full grown beard, just trim it every week or so to keep in fine nick. People that slag off facial hair are people that can't grow it, NAP.

Stubble is fine. It's those massive beard wankers who think they are more manly because they don't have a shave that deserve ridicule.

Stubble is fine. It's those massive beard wankers who think they are more manly because they don't have a shave that deserve ridicule.

This.

Boy in my work with a huge f**k off beard and then his hair totally shaved back and sides with long long hair on top combed into some TOWIE shaped style.

I grew a beard during the winter months last year- it kept my coupon warm at the football. Then I got fed up looking like a caveman and shaved it off in the spring.

I've never owned an electric razor so it's wet shaving for me. Apparently if you run the blade up and down the inside of a glass or a mirror when it starts getting a bit blunt you can make them last longer..

In my old job they used to require me to shave every day, even if the stubble was barely noticeable. One day I forgot and they gave me a razor and foam and made me go and shave in the bathroom. Ridiculous. Nowadays I grow a beard at my leisure. :)

Fully agree with those that have said a wet shave is better. Electric shavers are shit.

When I can be bothered to take the time; I do the full brush and shaving cream with a safety razor thing. Usually though, I just scrape a razor around my physog while in the shower. Most old women have heavier beard growth than me though so I can often go for 2-3 days without a shave. At that point people start squinting at me and asking "Are you trying to grow a moustache?"

In my old job they used to require me to shave every day, even if the stubble was barely noticeable. One day I forgot and they gave me a razor and foam and made me go and shave in the bathroom. Ridiculous.

Were you a stripper?

I've always wet shaved but recently treated myself to an expensive electric one in the Back Friday nonsense. It doesn't seem to remove much hair and has made me full of rage.

Tried the piece of crap twice and went back to wet shaving. Annoying.

When I can be bothered to take the time; I do the full brush and shaving cream with a safety razor thing.

Do you mean one of these?

post-44711-0-91963100-1421164134_thumb.j

There is no fucking way that an old-fashioned safety razor can give you a better shave than a modern blade system.

I just usually put the shaving foam/gel on & leave it for about 2/3mins & then shave dipping the razor in hot water. Like I said using cold water to rinse. Also resist the temptation to use a moisturiser.

Works a treat for people with irritable skin.

This, except 20 seconds does me rather than 2-3 mins. Jobs a good 'un.

Wet shave with gel and razor every evening for me. I've got a shaver but doesn't get near the close shave I want. I have quite patchy facial hair so keep my face totally smooth.

Do you mean one of these?

attachicon.gifChrome-Safety-Razor.jpg

There is no fucking way that an old-fashioned safety razor can give you a better shave than a modern blade system.

That's what I mean and yes, it does a much better job than the disposable cartridges. There's no pivot to the head so it requires more time and patience which probably has a lot to do with it. However, the heft of the razor allows you to cut the beard at a single stroke rather than multiple passes. The shave is much smoother than with a multi-blade.

Also, the blades last longer and are significantly cheaper.

Archived