Wet Shave/Dry Shave

Romeo

How do you shave?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cheers, will give this a shot. Sure there was a similar thread on here a while back, and someone recommended applying some conditioner prior to using the shaving foam.

I just usually put the shaving foam/gel on & leave it for about 2/3mins & then shave dipping the razor in hot water. Like I said using cold water to rinse. Also resist the temptation to use a moisturiser.

Works a treat for people with irritable skin.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I much prefer a wet shave. Get a much closer cut and probably takes me less time than my Philips.

That said, I've discovered that the neglected electric razor which I got last Christmas is exceptionally handy for the wee 2x2cm bit between my bottom lip and chin. I nicked it years back (my chin, not the razor) and after that I had the Catch 22 situation of catching the healed bump, only for it to bleed (seemingly) forever and then become a bigger one which will burst with the slightest of blade contact. No longer an issue so in summary: Wet shave / electric razor combo FTW.

Eta: El cheapo Co-op shaving gel is probably my favourite. I genuinely prefer it to any of the Gillette stuff which is 3x the price.

...additionally (because it was always just a matter of time until this was mentioned), I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturising protective lotion.

I usually wet shave every 2 or 3 days, but it's a right hassle.

I've got two electric shavers, one is an expensive thing which was about £80 and is shite, the other is a Braun pocket shaver which cost a tenner and is actually better, not as close as a wet shave but fine if in a hurry.

Used to have one of those Philip electric shavers with the three circular bits, but cleaning it was a hassle. And it was an absolute bitch when it catches one or two loose hairs.

Quick wet shave every other day now. Still to move on to a double-edge razor: apparently they're the dog's bollocks.

I usually wet shave every 2 or 3 days, but it's a right hassle.

I've got two electric shavers, one is an expensive thing which was about £80 and is shite, the other is a Braun pocket shaver which cost a tenner and is actually better, not as close as a wet shave but fine if in a hurry.

Is that the one you have to flip the bit of plastic round to get the batteries/turn it on, and slide the button thing up to turn it on? If so, I have that and it doesn't seem to actually shave anything :(

See when people say they shave because they don't want to look like a terrorist; are they not basically saying that they don't want to look like a Muslim?

I for one am saying exactly this, i have pretty dark skin

See when people say they shave because they don't want to look like a terrorist; are they not basically saying that they don't want to look like a Muslim?

I don't have a beard in my passport photo. At Amsterdam Schiphol last year I was asked if I was a member of al-Qaeda. I said no and got away with it.

Archived