Elgin City vs Clyde

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why on Earth is Barry Ferguson still in a job when he's doing a much worse job than Duffy was whilst he's surely getting paid more?

He's only doing worse than Duffy did last season. We were dreadful the other two years he was in charge.

He's only doing worse than Duffy did last season. We were dreadful the other two years he was in charge.

Duffy having inherited a lot worse than Ferguson did. Don't worry about Ferguson's financial status, he's very comfortbale due to his playing career & Daily Record wage...in case you were worrying on his behalf

Elgin, its been mainly dry in the north east for the past couple of weeks. If your ground is waterlogged it sounds like its coming from some other source, or the drainage is exceptionally poor & will need considerable & costly work done

The one thing that angers me the most is people saying that the first two seasons under Duffy we were dreadful. The reason for that was Duffy inherited a dreadful set of players off the back of John Brown and Stuart Millar being in charge. The difference with Ferguson is that he inherited a good enough squad that reached the play-offs last season. The squad did need strengthened with maybe 3 or 4 players being brought in but what Ferguson has served up so far has been diabolical and for me will only get worse.

11 defeats in a row against QP.

Didn't lay a single punch on an awful Rangers team who were shipping points to nearly everyone else.

4-0 and 5-0 humiliations at Montrose.

An 18 game streak (half a season!) with only one win, against an utterly diabolical Shire team.

A 9 game streak without a win that included being knocked out of the cup by a poor Nairn team.

If that isn't the definition of dreadful, I'm not really sure what is. Please carry on being angry though.

11 defeats in a row against QP.

Didn't lay a single punch on an awful Rangers team who were shipping points to nearly everyone else.

4-0 and 5-0 humiliations at Montrose.

An 18 game streak (half a season!) with only one win, against an utterly diabolical Shire team.

A 9 game streak without a win that included being knocked out of the cup by a poor Nairn team.

If that isn't the definition of dreadful, I'm not really sure what is. Please carry on being angry though.

Nobody is suggesting that the team were anywhere near what Clyde should be under Duffy

The comparison you make isn't in context. Duffy inherited little more than a parks team & with little or no resource had to try & start a rebuilding process which ultimately left us with a team which qualified for the playoffs

Yes he had his faults, but he gradually improved the side, as opposed to undoing 3 years' work in the space of 5 months. We are now in danger of being relegated while being in a position to sign as many if not more players this season than during his predecessor's entire time

That's why you can only compare last season with this

Three years work was undone when MacDonald/McCluskey left, and he resigned duds like Scullion, Watt, Gray and Rajovic.

As good as achievement as last season was, it was always going to be a one-off.

Three years work was undone when MacDonald/McCluskey left, and he resigned duds like Scullion, Watt, Gray and Rajovic.

As good as achievement as last season was, it was always going to be a one-off.

Watt & Gray being duds in your opinion. Watt has a 1 goal per 3 game ratio this season, only bettered by McManus. Gray having a stand out game against Queen's Park recently

Don't know what you base such a season as a "one-off" on, and if it's the case that's for the duration of "always" then as well packing up now. However, I'll give you your due, you did say "lose next week and Ferguson should go". You're correct, though it's unlikely to happen even if they do lose.

I do think BF is doing a really poor job this season and I know Duffy had built a decent team last season but two of our best players from last season were McDonald and McCluskey and with them both leaving they have left a massive gap in the team if you see how many players have played at left back this season and also how much we are struggling to score goals and how much wee Fergie is struggling. The ability of McCluskey last season to make great runs into space for other players to profit from as well as the few goals he weighed in with too have just not been replaced as McManus is not getting enough goals and Daly hasn't done a great deal anytime he has played and Watt also needs more goals.

Things like Sweeney wanting to chuck it before the start of the season then coming back and then deciding a week or so before the transfer window that "his heart isn't in it" and leaving and I never thought I would think this but we are really missing Sweeney's ability in the middle of the park in closing down.

In saying all that BF has not done enough so far and if we lose this week he should go.

PotM, you'd be surprised. The Clyde support has been reduced to largely a bunch of bloody trainspotters sitting on their hands for the last four years. The atmosphere is flatter than a witches tit, absolutely no excitement or buzz around the place. But we've a thread for all the reasons that....

Surprised if he's on the same money as Duffy. Still, he inherited a team that had finished in a play-off spot and he's nowhere near that. Plus, he's been chucking players that he brought in? I'm all for managers getting time but I'm stunned Clyde fans are being so patient.

He is on the same money that Duffy got, no matter who ended up the manager this season that was the wage that was on offer.

I do think BF is doing a really poor job this season and I know Duffy had built a decent team last season but two of our best players from last season were McDonald and McCluskey and with them both leaving they have left a massive gap in the team if you see how many players have played at left back this season and also how much we are struggling to score goals and how much wee Fergie is struggling. The ability of McCluskey last season to make great runs into space for other players to profit from as well as the few goals he weighed in with too have just not been replaced as McManus is not getting enough goals and Daly hasn't done a great deal anytime he has played and Watt also needs more goals.

Things like Sweeney wanting to chuck it before the start of the season then coming back and then deciding a week or so before the transfer window that "his heart isn't in it" and leaving and I never thought I would think this but we are really missing Sweeney's ability in the middle of the park in closing down.

In saying all that BF has not done enough so far and if we lose this week he should go.

In my opinion McKinnon was more than a decent replacement for MacDonald, who I felt was off the boil for the second half of the season. We've used 6 players at left back this season and had 7 different centre back pairings, compared to 2 and 3 last year. McCluskey has been a big miss, and we've also had nothing on the left hand side since McColm left.

Did Sweeney ever come out himself and state his heart wasn't in it?

I knew McCluskey should have stayed with us for at least another season, not ready for the step up.

And Sweeney personally told me he wanted to stay at Clyde but Barry told him he wasn't in his future plans so said there's no point in him sticking about

Is game off or our lot just hijacked another thread

I'd say this is doubtful. Heard from someone else today who was sayin the problem is the new flood defence wall the council's buildin means the water has nowhere to go which is why it's not draining properly

Add to that the forecast is little above zero on Saturday so likely to be frozen off. Elgin should do a pitch inspection Friday evening, as it won't improve after that

In my opinion McKinnon was more than a decent replacement for MacDonald, who I felt was off the boil for the second half of the season. We've used 6 players at left back this season and had 7 different centre back pairings, compared to 2 and 3 last year. McCluskey has been a big miss, and we've also had nothing on the left hand side since McColm left.

Did Sweeney ever come out himself and state his heart wasn't in it?

Going by the profile pic and your liking for mckinnon grossly overweight players who can't run the length of themselves seem to be your preference :)

Mark Yardley must have been your dream signing ha ha

I thought McKinnon was decent last year when he was getting a run in the team and looked a bit fitter, if he'd stayed that way he would be fine for us this year.

If this is on, as doubtful as it is, we absolutely must not lose it. Not necessarily a must win but definitely a must not lose.

If we do Barry has to walk.

No way this game will be on looking at TV pics tonight of perth & Above....

Maybe not bad thing till BF gets few faces (pre 39 y/olds) in

Ps. I liked Mckinnon aswell & mccolm obviously;) x

There's no snow in the north east but if the day of rain Thursday doesn't kill it the frost Fri & Sat will

Archived