Nick Robinson

ICTJohnboy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the incident in question when it was live on TV. I think it was a press event with the international media. Salmond answered his question for about 10min whilst getting stuck into the BBC, very eloquently I may add. He answered his question for 10 minutes then answered the same question from him again. Then for the whole day, Robinson was on the news saying that Salmond had not answered any of his questions.

Nick Robinson IS a liar.

I watched the incident in question when it was live on TV. I think it was a press event with the international media. Salmond answered his question for about 10min whilst getting stuck into the BBC, very eloquently I may add. He answered his question for 10 minutes then answered the same question from him again. Then for the whole day, Robinson was on the news saying that Salmond had not answered any of his questions.

Nick Robinson IS a liar.

What bugged me about it was that there were numerous complaints made to the BBC after Robinson reported on the news that Salmond did not answer his question.

The BBC responded to these complaints saying they stood by Robinson's report.

What bugged me about it was that there were numerous complaints made to the BBC after Robinson reported on the news that Salmond did not answer his question.

The BBC responded to these complaints saying they stood by Robinson's report.

They nailed their colours firmly to the wall during the referendum. They will never receive licence money from me again.

This was the reply I got when I complained about the incident

Thanks for contacting us.

The BBC's Political Editor Nick Robinson asked Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond two questions at his press conference on Thursday 11th September. The first question centred on the tax implications of RBS moving its legal headquarters to London; the second on why voters should trust a politician rather than businessmen.

Nick Robinson's report showed the second question on trust, with a script line noting that Mr Salmond had not answered that point.

Mr Salmond's answer on tax was lengthy. Since it was not possible to use it in full in a short news report, a series of clips were included making his central points - the job implications of the re-location of RBS, the accusation that the Treasury broke rules by briefing market sensitive information and his request that the BBC should co-operate with an enquiry. In addition Nick Robinson's script pointed out that the First Minister said there would be no loss of tax revenue.

The BBC considers that the questions were valid and the overall report balanced and impartial, in line with our editorial guidelines.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Kind Regards

I preferred the Andrew Neil interview, when Salmond was outed as a liar.

Much better entertainment.

Isn't Neil viewed as a Lord Haw Haw type figure by the clown collective? He has renounced his Scottishness and he's also a filthy Tooooreeee who certain NEVER interviews Toorrreeeessss in such a robust fashion. <_<

The most famous Paxman interview was his destruction of the Tory Michael Howard. Of course, we now know that Paxman himself is a vile Tory and therefore asks Torrreeeessss pat a cake questions so they get a much easier ride .

Isn't Neil viewed as a Lord Haw Haw type figure by the clown collective? He has renounced his Scottishness and he's also a filthy Tooooreeee who certain NEVER interviews Toorrreeeessss in such a robust fashion. <_<

I think he falls into the John Curtice camp.

i.e. He's a disgraceful Onionist completely discredited... unless the Clown Collective like what he says, in which case he becomes temporarily a highly respected commentator. Only again to go back to being discredited and not worth listening to.

I think he falls into the John Curtice camp.

i.e. He's a disgraceful Onionist completely discredited... unless the Clown Collective like what he says, in which case he becomes temporarily a highly respected commentator. Only again to go back to being discredited and not worth listening to.

Its a shame folk like Walden weren't around to forensically examine the likes of Salmond, Sturgeon, Darling, Cameron and whoever during the referendum campaign. The rage at his impertinence would have been hilarious. Neil is of that ilk as was Paxman before he lost his mojo. We need far more of this type of journalism, not less of it.

Amazing that a thread about Nick Robinson suddenly becomes about Andrew Neil and John Curtice. The level of deflection and whataboutery would put the Old Firm forum to shame.

Even more amazing that you don't see the point being made.

"He didn't answer"

I tried to stay away from the tin foil hat element of the Yes campaign but I was literally seething that night.

Were you seething when Salmond lied in the Neil interview, or did you manage to contain yourself then?

Archived