Motherwell v Kilmarnock

It really is hard to see where a victory is going to come from, even if Killie are struggling for goals we'll almost certainly gift them at least 1 on Saturday which means we'll need to score at least 2 goals to win and we've only managed to score 2 goals in a league game twice this season. Both times against Ross County! That is a depressing fucking stat.

We really do need to win here cause our next two games are at Celtic Park and Tannadice. However I just can't see it, even against a poor Killie side. A goalie lacking in confidence, a shite defence, a non existent midfield and an Ojamaa-less attack.

Sigh...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is hard to see where a victory is going to come from, even if Killie are struggling for goals we'll almost certainly gift them at least 1 on Saturday which means we'll need to score at least 2 goals to win and we've only managed to score 2 goals in a league game twice this season. Both times against Ross County! That is a depressing fucking stat.

Here's another...

Motherwell have only taken 107 shots in the league this season, the lowest in the division. After 21 league games last season, we'd taken 240.

I'd drop Mckenzie and give splain a shot. Mckenzie is all effort but lacks penetration and isn't a goal threat in fact I'd even put him in the same category as mcguennis. Most of our youngsters have went nowhere under aj.

McKenzie, IMO, plays that way because he is played out of position. If played in the hole he could be a revelation with his burst of pace but having to come inside onto his weaker foot all the time just isn't his game. Similar with Muirhead, he's a striker who likes the ball played to feet yet we insist on playing him wide and lumping high balls to him! AJ is trying to get the players to suit his one and only system rather than looking at what we have and going from there - the man is a clown. I have it on very good authority, i.e. straight from one of the players that his team talks consist of just shouting at everybody. Brilliant.

I have it on very good authority, i.e. straight from one of the players that his team talks consist of just shouting at everybody. Brilliant.

No idea who your source is, but sounds identical to the reports I've heard, again, straight from a player's mouth. All shouting and swearing, no praise at all and very little in the way of tactics.

I'm not confident of a result for us, but with away trips to Parkhead and Tannadice following this fixture where we are going to get nothing but humped from in both then I'd much rather Saturday's game against Killie went ahead as we at least have a semblence of a chance to get some sort of result from this one. Should it be called off then it will effectively have the same effect as a defeat would as this is a game that we badly need a result from ahead of the next run of fixtures.

Archived