• Last Reply
Live Lowland League action at Ainslie Park

That's right.

Stirling Uni V Threave Rovers

Ko 3pm

Ainslie Park

94 Pilton Ave

Edinburgh.

The home of the Lowland League Champions.

Grimbo

Is that right Grim ?

And to think we are a supposed to be a professionally run 5th tier league ?

Is that right Grim ? And to think we are a supposed to be a professionally run 5th tier league ?

If the SFA Lowland League website is to be believed, Newks?

I think they are a legit bunch, don't you?

Grimbo

Aye what's next hibs having a home game at Ochilview somehow canny see that happening so why do it in our league ?

What's happened to Easter Road?

The tax dodgers ground like your own isn't up to scratch to meet the license criteria so they are ground sharing until they can get things sorted, plenty if teams have done it & still are in lots of Leagues.

Today the students want to share ours, we are not using it, Threave want to play, what's not to like?

Grimbo

The tax dodgers ground like your own isn't up to scratch to meet the license criteria so they are ground sharing until they can get things sorted, plenty if teams have done it & still are in lots of Leagues.

Today the students want to share ours, we are not using it, Threave want to play, what's not to like?

Grimbo

So they're now playing home games at Ainslie then ??

Most groundshares have been over a full season or longer ;)

You've defended the league against juniors in the past this is the kinda thing they do is it no ???

Grimbo

Apparently because Stirling albion were at home yesterday they don't like to play on it 2 days in a row.

It's all fitting into place good on Threave I wouldn't want to travel from Castle Douglas to Stirling midweek either which proves we're only in a glorified amateur league in all but name. ;)

I thought you had to declare your home ground on entry ???

I always like to see 7-0 score lines. It always brings back nice memories. Newky will back me up, I'm sure.

Not quite the 15-0 I used to predict. But seeing has we've become a tougher league I don't recall that many similar scores when we were East of Scotland? I'm sure HJ might be able to remind me like? ;)

Grimbo

I was at the game today, and considering the conditions the game was very entertaining. So hats off to Threave for travelling all that way, and playing in such a sporting manner. Never read so much crap about ground sharing...Where is BSC`s home ground. Stirling played them in a home game at EAST KILBRIDE, and remember the only games on this weekend were played on astroturf. The game at Ainslie Park ( and thanks for all the hospitality) was a home game for us, the first "home game" since we beat WW in October!!!!!!!!!!!, so work that one out all you wordies.

I was at the game today, and considering the conditions the game was very entertaining. So hats off to Threave for travelling all that way, and playing in such a sporting manner. Never read so much crap about ground sharing...Where is BSC`s home ground. Stirling played them in a home game at EAST KILBRIDE, and remember the only games on this weekend were played on astroturf. The game at Ainslie Park ( and thanks for all the hospitality) was a home game for us, the first "home game" since we beat WW in October!!!!!!!!!!!, so work that one out all you wordies.

I'm the only one complaining gopher and I stand by my posts on this thread!!!

How can you pick and choose yer home venues in a professional set up ???

Any spfl teams done this,it's total amateurism on the Leagues part for allowing it especially as the LL is supposed to be at the forefront of a pyramid for spfl entry!

It opens a whole can of worms, may as well have yous on yer Gannochy 3G and city on the back pitch at Meadowbank. (q a lecture from hj about these surfaces no licensed)

If ye consistently play at a.p fair enough but to say hats off to Threave for travelling ?? when technically it should be a midweek trip to Stirling for them is to Threave s advantage (not that it mattered much).

Any SPFL teams done this?

well, Meadowbank had to play "home" cup ties against Hearts at Brockville and Hibs at Starks because the polis wouldn't let them play those clubs at the Stadium. When Berwick's roof blew off at Shielfield in the 1990s they played "home" games at Tynecastle and Meadowbank.

Perhaps your own club should have played Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Fergie Park....?

Archived