Aberdeen FC v The Famous Dundee FC

Karl Fletcher, on 19 Jan 2015 - 17:42, said:

And if you read through that thread AberDon took it with his usual good grace and humour.

You could learn a thing or two from him, Ludo.

What are you havering about? I've hardly took it badly! Just asking AberDon a question.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my angle I had no reason to doubt the penalty or equaliser. By the time I realised that Jack had been offside I'd already dealt with it (in so far as anyone had problems dealing with the fact we'd all seen a cracking match with terrific Dee goals rather than a shitfest of hoofball on a freezing January afternoon).

If I'd realised at the time the officials had cocked up I'd naturally have been seething with righteous indignation. As it was, well, shit happens. Bummer eh? Move on. Killie tomorrow.

I'll remember the insanely orgasmic move for Stewart's goal looooong after I've forgotten who got Aberdeen's equaliser.

I cba going back to watch the highlights but I'm certain Smith (our number 14) flicked the ball from that cross, so that still image is totally irrelevant.

It definitely wasn't Smith who was standing with his back to the camera. I think it was Shankland. Anyway, you have a point, but Jack was still offside when Shankland glanced it on.

It definitely wasn't Smith who was standing with his back to the camera. I think it was Shankland. Anyway, you have a point, but Jack was still offside when Shankland glanced it on.

That he was, I thought it at the game as well. Just that picture concludes Jack (what a pun) shit.

As for the pen, it had massive similarities with the one you got at Dens in the 3-2. Neither were pens for me.

That he was, I thought it at the game as well. Just that picture concludes Jack (what a pun) shit.

As for the pen, it had massive similarities with the one you got at Dens in the 3-2. Neither were pens for me.

Ok, let's cancel them both out. You can take the 3-1 win and we'll have the same. 8)

One difference with the Dens penalty was that Taylor seemed to handle the ball, then caught McAlister. The press box was struggling to work out which was the offence. I reckoned the ref was playing the percentages and decided that one of them must have been worth a spot kick, even if he wasn't sure which.

Ok, let's cancel them both out. You can take the 3-1 win and we'll have the same. 8)

One difference with the Dens penalty was that Taylor seemed to handle the ball, then caught McAlister. The press box was struggling to work out which was the offence. I reckoned the ref was playing the percentages and decided that one of them must have been worth a spot kick, even if he wasn't sure which.

if he wasn't sure or didn't see it he shouldn't have given it

I actually think it was a pen. Harsh on Gadzhalov as I don't think he sees him coming, but Shankland gets there first and there's definitely contact. Maybe makes the most of it but I'd be looking for a penalty at the other end in the same circumstances.

I still haven't watched the last two goals over yet but McGinn and somebody else came over to the linesman to complain about the third being offside. It didn't look off to me but I couldn't see f**k all due to the amount of bodies in the box even though I was basically inline with it.

Sorry for coming so late to the party.

Doric on;

Weel! Fit kin ah say, ither than weel deen tae baith teams.

Ah funcied a twa-een win for the michty Eberdeen, but inni end wis happy enuff wii a draa!

Doric aff;

Eight league games without conceding and then three come along, two of which were a joy to watch (OK maybe not a joy for me, but for neutrals).

Aberdeen coulda-woulda-shoulda early on, but we didn't so, no complaints.

Penalty is a yes, final goal looks a bit harsh on Dundee.

Both teams can be well pleased with their efforts.

Finally, is it just me, or is the standard and ambition of Scottish football improving. It feels like almost all teams are trying to play football. It's been ages since I've been bothered about watching teams other than Aberdeen, but now I find, I'm interested in what the Jags/Dundee/Utd etc are doing.

Yours

aDONis

Sorry for coming so late to the party.

Doric on;

Weel! Fit kin ah say, ither than weel deen tae baith teams.

Ah funcied a twa-een win for the michty Eberdeen, but inni end wis happy enuff wii a draa!

Doric aff;

Eight league games without conceding and then three come along, two of which were a joy to watch (OK maybe not a joy for me, but for neutrals).

Aberdeen coulda-woulda-shoulda early on, but we didn't so, no complaints.

Penalty is a yes, final goal looks a bit harsh on Dundee.

Both teams can be well pleased with their efforts.

Finally, is it just me, or is the standard and ambition of Scottish football improving. It feels like almost all teams are trying to play football. It's been ages since I've been bothered about watching teams other than Aberdeen, but now I find, I'm interested in what the Jags/Dundee/Utd etc are doing.

Yours

aDONis

Good post apart from signing off with your name. Anyone who does this is a dick.

The league this year is actually pretty decent in terms of teams getting the ball down. There is such a gulf in style between Ross County, Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren and the rest of the league. Everyone else seems to be trying to play football. Definitely a product of teams implementing youth systems a few years back. Players coming through now know how to get the ball down.

The league this year is actually pretty decent in terms of teams getting the ball down. There is such a gulf in style between Ross County, Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren and the rest of the league. Everyone else seems to be trying to play football. Definitely a product of teams implementing youth systems a few years back. Players coming through now know how to get the ball down.

Harsh on St Mirren IMO, they play some decent stuff.

Good post apart from signing off with your name. Anyone who does this is a dick.

A guy on my Facebook does that, signs every post with his name.

Harmless enough and he is a dee so I'll give him the benefit but it's deffo serial killer behaviour IMO.

Archived