Aberdeen FC v The Famous Dundee FC

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 holidays booked already GD, none for following the Dee sadly, you enjoy picking the berries again though :thumsup2

Just back from Barcelona, Lanzarote in May then going to Ibiza twice (once with the grandkids) before the end of the year.

Might get a weekend in away too; Paris/Brussels/Munich.

#oldbutaffluent

Tough for the Dees but its been a long time since we've had a team that can come back from 2 down, even if it is just for a point. We've dropped two points yes, but what this does is it keeps the momentum up. Its also proof that even when we dont play well, and the other team (by all accounts) has a good game, we can still get a result (of sorts).

Two points dropped yes, but the run keeps going. Watch out Saints!!

Was in the car during the game today and I expected I'd be switching it off about half an hour in. Never seen that coming considering Aberdeens form and our problems. I'm happy with the draw and not really that dissapointed probably because coming from behind away against the league leaders isn't something we'd usually do. The fact that I didn't celebrate our second and third shows what you expect when your supporting Dundee.

Good luck to the Dons for the title.

Would have taken this before the game definitely. Bit disappointing to concede two late on but still happy overall. To score 3 against the form team in the league, who have kept 8 consecutive clean sheets is very impressive. If we could sort out our consistency problem and tighten up at the back we'd be in with a shout of top 6 I think.

Yeah, the referees have to be stronger in this regard, we had 75 minutes of it against County at home and we all agreed, they were right to do it. It's a terrible spectacle but what really can the ref do?

Deeboy, good post.

Trouble is there's an awful lot of that time wasting shite going on all over world football. We've next to no chance of stopping it here. Ref's rules, generally, are world/Europe wide. Spain and Italy think diving (cheating) is part of the game and the fans applaud it. Time wasting the same. Even if there was a good plan to cut it out, I don't know one, it won't happen.

Maybe I'm a naive idealist but I used to love it when teams went at each other's throats for 90+ minutes.

Running the ball into corners happens when most fans are pumped up and on the edge of their seats.

In some games the last 5 minutes is a pile of shite, maybe adds to the amount of folk who leave early?

Firstly fair play to Dundee. Hartley has worked out that if you play someone with a bit of physicality, pace and more height up against Logan, you will score goals. All three came down his side and Greg Stewart absolutely ripped Logan a new one. Very easy on the eye in the midfield, Harkins played well and Tankulic was good foil for holding the play up. Irvine has to be the most improved player in the League, even if fault can be placed with him for our opener.

I felt we started well and were in total command of the game until Stewart was pushed left side against Logan. The equaliser totally rocked us, spooked us and we just stopped playing totally until Taylor and Pawlett had to be withdrawn.

Smith and Shankland made a massive difference when they came on, adding quality where we simply had totally lost our way.

Goodwillie was our best player today, playing very well, showing for the ball when others didn't in the second half and looking to make things happen.

The penalty was desperately needed and after that we showed superb character to somehow find the equaliser when we looked a beaten team.

Ultimately highly frustrating given that we should have been further in front before Dundee equalised but we got away with a horrific 45 minutes there! A draw maybe about fair but Dundee will be annoyed not to take all three.

And as usual, some weird Alan Muir decisions against both teams!

Tough for the Dees but its been a long time since we've had a team that can come back from 2 down, even if it is just for a point. We've dropped two points yes, but what this does is it keeps the momentum up. Its also proof that even when we dont play well, and the other team (by all accounts) has a good game, we can still get a result (of sorts).

Two points dropped yes, but the run keeps going. Watch out Saints!!

I thought we played well in the first half had a great chance to go 2-0 up but terrible finishing cost us and then Dundee scored the 2 quick goals which Dundee 2nd goal was a great team goal. We hit the post in the 2nd half and Dundee go up the field and score so I was thinking its not our day. Performance when 3-1 down wasn't great but Subs changed it and we managed to come back. Felt it was a soft pen at the time but it was great comeback in the end.

Laughing at Celtic fans saying our bottle has gone ha ha - Celtic budget is 6 times more than ours and it is amazing that we are top in January.

I'd love to know how it's "league over" when we are top of the league. Celtic aren't THAT bad that it's over already.

It's league over cause the Glasgow centric media says so mate. Go stick it right up them and win the league.

Archived