Pars 1-3 Airdrieonians

Moffat and Barrowman up front would not be a good idea. At all.

Wallace and Barrowman worked well before but I like the idea of Smith up there. He did well against Stirling, at least in the first half. Needs to stop being offside all the time though.

All I need now is Williamson declared match fit for the weekend.

Think it is the start of February (at the earliest) that he'll be back, unfortunately.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we've been told to expect more than the one man and his dog efforts most in the division bring you'll be at the east of the main stand.

Aye cos we've got a huge support that is so much more massive than everyone else in this league and we're clearly a big team and one of significance.

Unless we've been told to expect more than the one man and his dog efforts most in the division bring you'll be at the east of the main stand.

Aye cos we've got a huge support that is so much more massive than everyone else in this league and we're clearly a big team and one of significance.

The reason I ask is we've been in 3 different sections in our last 4 visits with not too much difference size wise....with the exception being the end of season game where we took around 90 and were put in the biggest end.

The reason I ask is we've been in 3 different sections in our last 4 visits with not too much difference size wise....with the exception being the end of season game where we took around 90 and were put in the biggest end.

Things are more consistent under pars united.

JP on Thursday:

Fully fit squad bar Ryan Williamson who remains out injured while Andy Geggan completes his 2 game suspension

I'd go:
(4-3-3)

Scully

Millen

Buchanan

Martin

Paterson

Falkingham

McAusland

Byrne

Smith

Barrowman

Wallace

Subs:

Goodfellow

Urquhart

Spence

Thomson

Whittle

Faissal

Moffat

It's got to be Moffat upfront with Barrowman. Their combined attributes are sure to provide goals. Barrowman will allow Moffat to have more support and provide another outlet for him. I really think they will be a good pairing. Obviously, Wallace is a good player and deserves a chance to start, but he's unreliable with fitness and can't be relied upon.

My prediction is 2-0 home victory. Falkingham and Barrowman.

Why should Moffat be starting? Why does he deserve to retain a place in the team ahead of Smith and Wallace?

Anyway, I'd hope we'd line up something like this:

Scully

Paterson

Buchanan

Martin

Millen

McAusland

Whittle (LW)

Falkingham

Stirling (RW)

Barrowman

Wallace

JP on Thursday:

Fully fit squad bar Ryan Williamson who remains out injured while Andy Geggan completes his 2 game suspension

I'd go:

(4-3-3)

Scully

Millen

Buchanan

Martin

Paterson

Falkingham

McAusland

Byrne

Smith

Barrowman

Wallace

It's got to be Moffat upfront with Barrowman.

I think burty and DAFC. might be right with Moff being dropped. The last home game, Moffat was linking well with Wallace but I think his failure to score will have eventually cost him his place.

Like you say though - can't rely on Wallace being fit but I think if Smith, Wallace and Barrowman are all fit then Moffat will be 4th in the pecking order.

Good to hear Potter still looking to freshen things up and looking to move folk on.

Probably asking a bit much for all the new signings to gel straight away. We might even look more disorganised if we played all three. Expect Moffat to start and have the four flat midfielders behind. I hope I'm wrong, maybe we will use wingers and pick people on merit.

Scully

Millen(ugh)/Buchanan/Martin/Paterson

Stirling/McAusland/???/Whittle

Barrowman/Wallace or Smith

Think the defence is pretty much set in stone, midfield could be anything while there should only be three contenders for the two places up top. Smith scored last week so it would be harsh to drop him, yet Barrowman/Wallace know how to work together and since we're looking for instant results, Potter will probably go for the latter option.

Would be tempted to drop Falkingham as i think he needs a wake up call. Can't decide on who should replace him though as lets be honest, there are quite a few options.

It's got to be Moffat upfront with Barrowman. Their combined attributes are sure to provide goals. Barrowman will allow Moffat to have more support and provide another outlet for him. I really think they will be a good pairing. Obviously, Wallace is a good player and deserves a chance to start, but he's unreliable with fitness and can't be relied upon.

My prediction is 2-0 home victory. Falkingham and Barrowman.

Archived