Brechin Vics on the up

theoriginalhedge

Good to see Charlie King starting to transform the Vics into a real promotion seeking outfit. The professionalism about the club now is there for all to see.

Hopefully they can hold things together at the top end of the league and gain a very worthy promotion.

All done with basically the same dedicated bunch of local guys as last season. Well done lads.

Chucky has a wealth of experience in the game and personally I'm delighted to see him do well. I've known chucky since I was 14 at st Johnstone together and keep in contact with him till this day. All the best to the Vic's

Chucky has a wealth of experience in the game and personally I'm delighted to see him do well. I've known chucky since I was 14 at st Johnstone together and keep in contact with him till this day. All the best to the Vic's

Is there any team you've no played fur? :lol:

Wiki actually likens Jon to Aristotle the Greek philosopher

"Connolly has enjoyed a peripatetic career in Junior football"

Aristotle of course had many famous quotes

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting 2 bodies"

"My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake"

"forty benson & hedges please"

Back on subject I plan to go and watch the Vics next time they are in Dundee

Good to see the Vics doing well they have a good hard working Committee and deserve some success. They have possibly spent a bit on getting the Manager and some players in but why not if they are living within their means? My only fear is that should Charlie King move on and there has been talk of him looking at other openings when they come up would the other players continue to travel from the Perth area when he is not there? Its been a remarkable turnaround in fortunes and good to see them up there challenging.

At the end of the day he is at the club and is happy here. Its clear to see every time we get together he would be the 1st to congratulate the players - however we haven't achieved anything yet. We will continue to build on a good start and the gaffer is taking to the club as we speak about a new contract so things are looking good.

All the players continue to work hard and are enjoying being part of what has so far been a successful season.

long may it continue!

A 2-1 win over Kirrie who were abysmal last season in the Premier and doing no better thus far is hardly convincing..................Downfield will win it easy with the rest playing for second

These were the kind of matches that the Vics always slipped up . There's potential and there is self belief. Last season the potential was there. This season Chucky has instilled the self belief.

Results don't lie!

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to Brechin that was the best St Andrews display I have seen in 18 months, and I did sit through every game last season including a 6-0 pumping of Linlithgow.

Top of the Prem at their absolute best against a decent district team is not worth judging.

A better guide than me who manages another "young" team in that league believes Vics may well sneak into the 2nd promotion slot under the radar.

Archived