Falkirk v Queen of the South

Houston has certainly made some positives moves mainly to our detriment - still don't agree that we should have let the two players move as easily as it appears and certainly not to our biggest play off rival.

To be fair to Fowler he has probably been thinking that the return of our injured players will be the same as getting new signings. The longer these players remain out the more unlikely that becomes and to be fair our record with injuries this season beggars belief........ ...... so to be in this position is excellent.

I would like us to be more ruthless in exploiting the Division 1and 2 market - queens park is one club that produces good prospects and while I can see the logic in signing Mark Millar his track record is mixed to say the least. Stranraer is one club that has several Championship players in their ranks and hopefully we are looking there at the moment.

Falkirk played well yesterday and were more positive at Easter Road than we were but ultimately secured the same result as we did. I sensed yesterday that their players were really up for the battle ahead so we will need to match that. We should go all out for the win next week as that would open a decent gap. Hopefully we won't sit back and invite trouble.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is this Hibs love in.... A team who we seem to have its number, are they really the yardstick...

I personally think we will win, queens will come looking for the usual draw tactic and try and steal it, whereas we will go out on the front foot with a lot of hunger. Kerr will be pumped up more due to cloud over his departure, Baird whom I believe will be the best raid will also, seems the kinda player that likes a boo from opposition fans

The only problem I see is if MacDonald has a donut day or Leahy is up against a real wide player who hugs the touchline.

WTF is this Hibs love in.... A team who we seem to have its number, are they really the yardstick...

I personally think we will win, queens will come looking for the usual draw tactic and try and steal it, whereas we will go out on the front foot with a lot of hunger. Kerr will be pumped up more due to cloud over his departure, Baird whom I believe will be the best raid will also, seems the kinda player that likes a boo from opposition fans

The only problem I see is if MacDonald has a donut day or Leahy is up against a real wide player who hugs the touchline.

I don't fancy Reilly v McCracken/Grant much either honest tbh!

I don't fancy Reilly v McCracken/Grant much either honest tbh!

I'm not fully convinced with Grant due to his severe lack of pace but to be fair to him, he has addressed that and realised its all about positioning with his lack of pace. There obviously is a danger of being caught but he is tremendous in the air and good in the tackle, its the fullbacks that's my fear.

Leahy tends to tuck in, leaving wide area open and like yesterday when Alston doesn't provide much cover equals danger. Alston gave away a cheap corner yesterday and the two other goals came down that side....coincidence or weakness ?

Not this again. Its almost as tiresome as BPMs pitch patter :rolleyes:

I hope we don't but why wouldn't we look for a draw. At this moment we are ahead of you in the league therefore a point at your place would be conceived to be a good result, especially away from home against one of the big clubs, no?

Houston has certainly made some positives moves mainly to our detriment - still don't agree that we should have let the two players move as easily as it appears and certainly not to our biggest play off rival.

To be fair to Fowler he has probably been thinking that the return of our injured players will be the same as getting new signings. The longer these players remain out the more unlikely that becomes and to be fair our record with injuries this season beggars belief........ ...... so to be in this position is excellent.

I would like us to be more ruthless in exploiting the Division 1and 2 market - queens park is one club that produces good prospects and while I can see the logic in signing Mark Millar his track record is mixed to say the least. Stranraer is one club that has several Championship players in their ranks and hopefully we are looking there at the moment.

Falkirk played well yesterday and were more positive at Easter Road than we were but ultimately secured the same result as we did. I sensed yesterday that their players were really up for the battle ahead so we will need to match that. We should go all out for the win next week as that would open a decent gap. Hopefully we won't sit back and invite trouble.

You won't though. It will be 10 behind the ball for sure

Are Queens fans still kidding on that they only changed the pitch this season to make it look nicer?

What is it with some Falkirk fans and our pitch. Falkirk have a good one and Queens have a good one. It's time to move on surely?

Queen's pitch was terrible last season.

Our game down there was the only game I've missed this season, so cannot comment if it has improved.

Re the game, very tight...with Baird scoring the winner. Same 11 that started against Hibernian, though Morgan looked impressive when he came on.

Falkirk fans post so much rubbish on here, we will go to TFS next Saturday looking to win the game.

They seem to be so upset that we sit above them in the league. Cant really see them finishing above us at end of season even if they do win this one.

At this present time they are not a bigger club than us, we are in the same league, its just that so far we have more points than them.

Kerr and Baird are no big loss to us and cant see either of them spoiling our season.

I don't understand this who, we are bigger than you, therefore better...?

Are queen of the south not allowed to aspire to the levels of similar sized clubs, Hamilton and Ross county? Do we have to accept our position? Some of the falkirk fans on here are coming across as patronising as some old firm fans!

You may have a larger fan base, but at the moment you do not have a better team! 10 men behind the ball next weeks! What nonsense!

We have improved in every department in the past few years....facilities, youth structure, finance.

Calm down on the Billy big boys and queens are diddies, utter tripe!

Archived