Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rory Loy is a wee c**t.

Anyway, I am utterly puzzled by the way in which Queens play in the first 45 minutes of games. This appears to be a recurring theme, where we'll play with no fluidity or urgency and we'll go in at half-time asking why we're not 4-0 down. Too many times we'd lose the ball halfway in to our own half through hesitation, loose balls or poor control. Second half we'd come out and play completely differently, as if we're actually a half-decent team. I just don't get it. Either our pre-match team talk is shite or our half-time team talk is a motivational tour-de-force. It needs sorted out regardless. Falkirk couldn't capitalise on it but we'll get a first half skelping eventually if this continues.

Thought McCracken was pretty #dece, Baird was shite (as usual), and Kerr was quite good. Lots of seethe from the Queens fans at those pair, and I can understand being raging at Kerr, but we should be relieved that Baird has fucked off.

Durnan is looking way too casual for me at the moment, and got caught out of position on a few occasions even though he had enough time to make it back. His tug for the penalty (free-kick) was just lazy.

Lewis Kidd is a player that isn't shite, but offers nothing. Wouldn't play him in centre mid again. At least Dzierzawski offers a good passing range so if I had to choose between the two next time, I'd go for Kev. Mark Miller will play there now though which I'm not complaining about as he looked like a tidy player when he came on.

Finally, Atkinson has impressed me, especially his handling. I wouldn't even say he was worse than Zander.

Having had a good luck at the highlights l'm surprised nothing has been mentioned about the way Kerr took Lyle out at the corner prior to Falkirk going up the park to con their first penalty.

I hope Atkinson keeps the gloves ... he's the man in possession and playing well.

There would be absolutely no reason to drop Jumbo after last weeks performance barring one slight moment of hesitation he was excellent.

Rory Loy is a wee c**t.

Anyway, I am utterly puzzled by the way in which Queens play in the first 45 minutes of games. This appears to be a recurring theme, where we'll play with no fluidity or urgency and we'll go in at half-time asking why we're not 4-0 down. Too many times we'd lose the ball halfway in to our own half through hesitation, loose balls or poor control. Second half we'd come out and play completely differently, as if we're actually a half-decent team. I just don't get it. Either our pre-match team talk is shite or our half-time team talk is a motivational tour-de-force. It needs sorted out regardless. Falkirk couldn't capitalise on it but we'll get a first half skelping eventually if this continues.

Not sure about this.

Our first half record this season is very much better than our second half one.

Indeed, I think Saturday there represents the only game we've taken even a point from, in which we've lost the first goal.

As everyone says, the footage confirms that the first one was outside and shouldn't have been given, although Durnan's actions were stupid; Reilly was clearly onsid e for our goal, whether he touched it or not and the second penalty came from about as clear a handball as you'll see. I'm amazed some Falkirk fans felt it was a close call at the time.

All in all, a decent result for us.

Not sure about this.

Our first half record this season is very much better than our second half one.

Indeed, I think Saturday there represents the only game we've taken even a point from, in which we've lost the first goal.

I'm thinking the games home and away to Cowden and more recently, the game at home to Livi. In terms of results, the Hearts game sticks in my mind. We went in 1-0 at half-time having played poorly, and lost the game 4-1 despite a much stronger 2nd half display. Maybe results are misleading in this case, as I definitely feel like our first-half displays are significantly weak, which so far opposition teams have failed to capitalise on (in my opinion).

Thought McCracken was pretty #dece, Baird was shite (as usual), and Kerr was quite good. Lots of seethe from the Queens fans at those pair, and I can understand being raging at Kerr, but we should be relieved that Baird has fucked off.

Wasn`t at the game but watching the highlights suggests to me that Baird was anything but shite. We can wish all we want for him to be terrible for Falkirk but for me he remians a decent player at this level.

Wasn`t at the game but watching the highlights suggests to me that Baird was anything but shite. We can wish all we want for him to be terrible for Falkirk but for me he remians a decent player at this level.

Still laughing at the clip starting from 8.27. Really good move from Falkirk then it falls to Baird :lol:

He isn't hopeless but he always shits himself when he gets an opportunity. I wouldn't even say he is that decent at this level. I'm not sayng this because he plays for Falkirk, as I'd be slagging Kerr off also if this were the case.

Baird? Shite?

He may have missed his chances on Saturday, but I've been impressed with his all round play and hard work in the two games he's had for us so far. Brings out the best in Loy too. Certainly a big improvement on Biabi.

I still think Queens got a good deal punting Kerr and bringing in Millar. I also don't think Kerr is much of an improvement on Taiwo, though it does allow Vaulks to push further forward.

With Baird it could be a case of not so much a loss for Queens, but more of a gain for ourselves. Will be interesting to see how he reacts if he is benched for Morgan later on in the season though.

Baird? Shite?

He may have missed his chances on Saturday, but I've been impressed with his all round play and hard work in the two games he's had for us so far. Brings out the best in Loy too. Certainly a big improvement on Biabi.

I still think Queens got a good deal punting Kerr and bringing in Millar. I also don't think Kerr is much of an improvement on Taiwo, though it does allow Vaulks to push further forward.

With Baird it could be a case of not so much a loss for Queens, but more of a gain for ourselves. Will be interesting to see how he reacts if he is benched for Morgan later on in the season though.

Some folk don't see what he brings to a team, I liked him and would have been happy if he had stayed. He would have scored if it wasn't for an excellent bit of defending and his other two chances were not a million miles away. A good signing for Falkirk IMO.

Still laughing at the clip starting from 8.27. Really good move from Falkirk then it falls to Baird :lol:

He isn't hopeless but he always shits himself when he gets an opportunity. I wouldn't even say he is that decent at this level. I'm not sayng this because he plays for Falkirk, as I'd be slagging Kerr off also if this were the case.

Sounds like you don't know much about football.

That was a good effort from Baird. He took it quickly to try to catch out the keeper (who had been excellent) and it missed by a whisker. I've been impressed by him so far although I wasn't sure about the signing in the first place. He's certainly proved me wrong so far.

He deserved a goal on Saturday IMO.

That was a good effort from Baird. He took it quickly to try to catch out the keeper (who had been excellent) and it missed by a whisker. I've been impressed by him so far although I wasn't sure about the signing in the first place. He's certainly proved me wrong so far.

U wot? The better option was to knock it on to his right with his left and then take the shot. He obviously doesn't have a particularly strong weak foot so if he's up against an excellent keeper, he's better off having a more composed shot with his right than a rushed shot on his left with the ball running just behind him. He's consistently found guilty of rushing a shot and lacking composure, certainly from what I've seen from him at Queens this season.

I'm probably being harsh on him as there are far worse strikers out there, and his link-up play is decent. He's just found lacking when an opportunity presents itself to him.

I take back my 'shite (as usual)' remark, and replace it with 'wasteful (as usual)'. His all-round general play isn't too shabby, he just lacks the quality where it matters.

U wot? The better option was to knock it on to his right with his left and then take the shot. He obviously doesn't have a particularly strong weak foot so if he's up against an excellent keeper, he's better off having a more composed shot with his right than a rushed shot on his left with the ball running just behind him. He's consistently found guilty of rushing a shot and lacking composure, certainly from what I've seen from him at Queens this season.

I'm probably being harsh on him as there are far worse strikers out there, and his link-up play is decent. He's just found lacking when an opportunity presents itself to him.

I take back my 'shite (as usual)' remark, and replace it with 'wasteful (as usual)'. His all-round general play isn't too shabby, he just lacks the quality where it matters.

Well, we'll agree to disagree then.

From the South Stand I could see exactly what he was trying to do. He certainly didn't lack composure, in fact it was very composed. Taking it on his right would have narrowed the angle for him so he tried something a bit different and IMO was very unfortunate.

Yep, pretty much agree with how you describe that effort.

And will be better with us than QOS

Having had a good luck at the highlights l'm surprised nothing has been mentioned about the way Kerr took Lyle out at the corner prior to Falkirk going up the park to con their first penalty.

Yes. That would be when Lyle made a feeble attempt at faking an head injury then sheepishly gets up when he realises no one is buying it.

Archived