Falkirk v Queen of the South

There has been games this season where he has made mistakes but hasn't really affected the result in the end. i.e Alloa last week, Tynecastle, Palmerston.

I'm not disputing that he's a good shot stopper and decent keeper for us at this level but he knows the chances of him getting dropped are unlikely. With regards to his training levels, I will take a professional opinion over yours

I think you will find mine came from a professional source. Yours will have come from Bowman no doubt.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before several guys left we knew they were away to Utd.

Ian McCall took all his best players with him in summer 2003 and he tried to take a few in January 2003 just days after leaving under a cloud.

It's annoying how much Thompson senior screwed Falkirk in a 6 month spell.

Took our manager, his number 2 and some of our best players for peanuts.

He then voted to keep us down and Motherwell up just to rub salt.

Sounds like Eddie Thompson/ McCall done a right number on you .

Many of our supporters, myself included, refused to clap in the minutes applause when he died.

Oh he did a job and a half.

It was the proverbial kick us whilst we are down job.

Other clubs since have complained about the way his laddie signed players.

Seems they are tight as f**k buying in yet sit there giving it the ' we want top dollar' when selling.

I know that's what every club should be looking for but Thompson takes things too far.

Ask Queens Park fans for guidance.

Explain?

Utd would happily have seen FFC die and dealt the final blow if they had got the chance.

You want us to pat him on the back?????

Understand where you are coming from and DU do act like this repeatedly . Wealthy men and families don't get this wealth from being benevolent to others .

Explain?

Utd would happily have seen FFC die and dealt the final blow if they had got the chance.

You want us to pat him on the back?????

My bad,you're right, I had took it as disrespect to an old guy that had died rather than not giving respect if that makes sense which would be justified.

It's very clearly what Gus2 implied. A couple of you piled in with sensible answers about money being freed up by others leaving and by referring to the transfer income the club has received. Gus2's post was daft though and Broony tackled it well.

Queen of the South home of the Seers who can pluck the thoughts out of your mind from long distance.

However in the interest of clarity. Four Players in Four players out possible another to follow.

3 permanent and 1 loan in Vs 1 loan back to parent club 1 released 2 out on short term loans until the end of the season

So four wages freed and four wages used that is not to say that we are not spending more on wages but the wage bill may be slightly larger but not by much.

This does not equate to throwing money about this equates to balancing the books now please do not class our (FFC' s) recent transfer activity as akin to the old firm and gretna,livingstonesqe spending sprees

My bad,you're right, I had took it as disrespect to an old guy that had died rather than not giving respect if that makes sense which would be justified.

I will forgive you this time ❤️????

This thread hasn't half gone off topic a few times ????????

Now let's get torn into these c**ts eh.

Think it say a lot for the QOS management structure that they are in this position this year and last. They played a lot of the last few years at a level below this. Well done to all involved. Falkirk will still gub them on Saturday though

Some of the earlier comments on this thread related to the relative size of the two clubs. There is no doubt that Falkirk are a bigger club than QOS - both towns are what I would describe as football orientated and have a decent tradition.

With Queens game being postponed on Saturday I went along to Easter Road and was surprised to see Falkirk taking a much lower support than Queens took a few weeks earlier. Given the travelling distance involved Queens took a following of c.800 to Easter Road compared to what looked like a support of c.500 from the Bairns.

The point of this post is not to try and score cheap points over Falkirk but to highlight the fact that we have a tremendous away following given our relative size and especially when you consider the geographic challenges that Queens face.

I would say that our home crowds have been disappointing but our away support is more than decent and I expect there to be a very healthy interest in Saturdays match.

That was back in November, not on a stormy weekend in the middle of January when everyone is skint. Think that might have played a part in the crowd size we took.

Yep and also in a month where we play 3 teams above us, 2 of which are away I can see Most fans ditching Hibs ahead of QOS and a trip to Tynecastle if they had to choose.

I must admit I thought we would take More to ER than that.

Still don't understand why it was all ticket?

I would also add that these "big games" are still a relative novelty to Queens fans having spent a large part of a lot of fan's lifetime in the wilderness. Falkirk on the other hand have been in the top league in recent times.

Rjc's point still stands though, we do have an excellent away following when taken in proportion to our home gates.

Think it say a lot for the QOS management structure that they are in this position this year and last. They played a lot of the last few years at a level below this. Well done to all involved.

We played one of the last thirteen years at a level below this, so good point.

Queen of the South home of the Seers who can pluck the thoughts out of your mind from long distance.

However in the interest of clarity. Four Players in Four players out possible another to follow.

3 permanent and 1 loan in Vs 1 loan back to parent club 1 released 2 out on short term loans until the end of the season

So four wages freed and four wages used that is not to say that we are not spending more on wages but the wage bill may be slightly larger but not by much.

This does not equate to throwing money about this equates to balancing the books now please do not class our (FFC' s) recent transfer activity as akin to the old firm and gretna,livingstonesqe spending sprees

You should have said all that in the first place then Gus. Now you have a point.

For the record, nobody was likening Falkirk's spending to Gretna's or Rangers'. The comparison was made with the daft logic that tries to insist that footballers don't cost anything if they don't command transfer fees.

Archived