Raith v Dumbarton

Moan, moan, moan. You could always move seat.

The happy clappers moan about the boo boys and threaten to stay away because of it.

The boo boys moan about the team and manager and threaten to stay away because of it.

Most of the fans who come out with the "I'm staying away" stuff are already away. That's why our crowds are back to diehard levels.

We are a frustrating team to watch. Deal with it.

Moan, moan, moan. You could always move seat.

The happy clappers moan about the boo boys and threaten to stay away because of it.

The boo boys moan about the team and manager and threaten to stay away because of .

Can I have a moan that I didn't make it to the game?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meg and archie aren't wide men, where a problem arises straight away, push them up, (see meg yesterday), we need a left back, Taggart won't be the answer, maybe another midfielder, turner not reaching previous heights, and i missed the game yesterday, but you don't have to see it every week to know what's going on.

Megginson was pushed up front yesterday, not wide. He is a striker you know, not a midfielder, seems Ian has been determined to make him a midfielder though. As for Campbell he put in a very good shift.

Megginson was pushed up front yesterday, not wide. He is a striker you know, not a midfielder, seems Ian has been determined to make him a midfielder though. As for Campbell he put in a very good shift.

like I said, meg up front, scores, and other chances, gils right, and left winger, let our strikers strike, we never played kane wide, and we know what happened there

You've not quite grasped this have you I want the fans (supporters) to stay and the arseholes to f**k off, it went on from the beginning of the match, the substitution of Stewart instead of Elliot (neither of which was setting the heather on fire )was greeted like Murray had just slaughtered the first born when really you couldn't split the two Stewart had missed a one on one to kill the game

I'm afraid the arseholes are supporters too.

And yes, it can be very annoying when people overreact to things. It isn't going to go away anytime soon, no matter how much people complain of it. Lack of objective judgement, unrealistic expectations, differing opinions and frustrations building up over time are just some of the factors that cause it.

It started after half time when we were still leading 2-0. Folk going red with rage shouting at Murray to change things - even though we are winning 2-0. Then when changes are made, Moon and Nade came on and made little impact the grumbles became about the wrong people having been changed.

Elliot was winning stuff and playing well in the area closest to the main stand in the last ten minutes. He also got himself into a brilliant position in a break away but his teammate (can't remember who) couldn't get the ball across to him. Elliot was contributing far more than Nade was in the latter stages of the game. Yet still folk were giving him dogs abuse.

It's embarrassing to be honest. Starting to hate home games with the amount of whinging c***s in our support. Much prefer away games and the away support

That's very disappointing to hear.

I'm not a fan of Murray, but the board demanded results improve and they have. Booing and going berserk about things when we're winning is poor form given there were actually things to properly boo about only a month previously.

As I've said before, two spells of abysmal form over the last year have caused a hell of as lot of damage that isn't easily repaired. This is where pent-up frustration and lack of objective judgement come in - many people have made their minds up about numerous things. I'm still don't have much confidence in Murray, but he's delivering on what was asked of him. That being the case, there seems little point in laying into him regardless of my own feelings on the matter.

Things currently aren't so bad; we can all cheer up a bit!

Can only imagine Nish has picked up a knock? Seems to me like we were screaming out for him to come on yet Murray only made one sub whilst we were chasing an equaliser and that was Taggart for Linton. I also don't think he merrited being dropped after his recent performances.

I knew as soon as I seen the team and formation yesterday we were beaten, we looked completely lost at times. Fair enough we played well in the 2nd half but by that point we've given Raith a 2 goal head start. Another poor performance from Linton and Mair, I'd stick to 4 at the back next week with Findlay partering Graham. If we had an alternative to Linton I'd play them but unfortunately we don't. Bit of a gutter about Gils, really feel we need to bring in a wide player, highly unconvinced by Megginson and Campbell.

I think the fact most fans were struggling to work out the formation and where players were meant to be playing tells it's own story. Back to basics next week please Ian because you got that terribly wrong today.

I know what you are saying about the formation and at times in the first half it looked as if the players didnt know where they were meant to be. But that doesn't explain the second half. Same formation and we looked a completely different team. If Nish was injured, which seems likely, I suppose the formation was somewhat forced on us with gils being out too

I've no idea how McGurn keeps pulling off stuff like that. I think we could genuinely pick a top 10 or 15 saves he's made. I never saw McDermott or Thomson play for us, but surely they must have been utterly incredible if you chose them over Davie for being our best ever keeper.

On McGurn he's no Murray McD but he has now surpassed Skelator Thomson in my estimation, Scotty was great but the witch is unbelievable at times.

On the subject of ersehole supporters there has always been (and alway will be) moaning shites at Rovers games, I've said elsewhere what I think of them.

They've always been here though it's just in days gone by you'd have had the option of shuffling a yard or two further away out of earshot, these days people are less inclined to move once seated especially if in their usual seat.

Then there's the www which offers every wannabe pundit their own soapbox.

On McGurn he's no Murray McD but he has now surpassed Skelator Thomson in my estimation, Scotty was great but the witch is unbelievable at times.

There must be footage of the Celtic cup game in 1980, that would show Murray at his best, and that miss by Ronnie Duncan

There must be footage of the Celtic cup game in 1980, that would show Murray at his best, and that miss by Ronnie Duncan

Not too shabby at all that day considering he (Murray) lost a contact lens halfway through the 2nd half, none of the coaching staff knew he was even wearing them.

I also recall a Celtic player missing a sitter, Boabby Lennox?

Bally though, there was a man who knew the way to goal.

I saw Murray and Bobby Reid at their best Brian Fairfull and i both reckon that the witch is the best keeper we have seen, Brian goes back many years further than me the unforgettable triple save against Ayr the best we have seen, only matched by his miraculous scoop which led to Casas goal against them through there...

I wasn't at the game myself, but even still he's done his job over the course of the 90 minutes.

McGurn has more than earned the right to be cut some slack, that's for sure. I'd be interested to see the reaction if Laidlaw had put in the exact same performance yesterday though.

All 'keepers make mistakes. The problem Laidlaw seems to have at the moment is that he allows them to affect his confidence.

Yup, it's not the mistake you make, it's how you respond to it that matters. The more experienced the 'keeper the better the response to a mistake.

You'd never know I was a 'keeper and now coach them would you?!

Archived