Raith v Dumbarton

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were gaining momentum today and the players were getting confident trying different things and looking as well as we have been for a long long time. But no.. the tossers in our support have got to grind an axe again, and could not even support us when we were playing well they had to turn the positives into a negative not supporters in my book utter p***ks and they should stay away, the club would be better of without their money.

I'm starting to think we may have the worst set of supporters in the league (obviously excluding ra peepul)

Between the constant barrage of shit comments on Facebook and a home support that are desperate for a wayward pass to boo.

The second halves atmosphere today felt no different to when we were getting pumped for the like the fifth time in a row.

If I stop going to Starks Park from tomorrow it would have nothing to do with the manager, the team or the football played but the miserable, whinging b*****ds that sit around me.

I remember if we conceded a goal, we would stand on our feet and sing "come on you Raith" What has happened to us?

We have just won our third game on the bounce, two away from home!

We were gaining momentum today and the players were getting confident trying different things and looking as well as we have been for a long long time. But no.. the tossers in our support have got to grind an axe again, and could not even support us when we were playing well they had to turn the positives into a negative not supporters in my book

What stage in the game did this start? If it was when we went to 2-1 I could almost understand it even if it isn't really justifed. If it was when we were at 2-0 then it's a different story.

utter p***ks and they should stay away, the club would be better of without their money.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. RRFC2711 out, he's driving fans away.

What stage in the game did this start? If it was when we went to 2-1 I could almost understand it even if it isn't really justifed. If it was when we were at 2-0 then it's a different story.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. RRFC2711 out, he's driving fans away.

You've not quite grasped this have you I want the fans (supporters) to stay and the arseholes to f**k off, it went on from the beginning of the match, the substitution of Stewart instead of Elliot (neither of which was setting the heather on fire )was greeted like Murray had just slaughtered the first born when really you couldn't split the two Stewart had missed a one on one to kill the game

Great first half, poor second half good win,

THE BOO BOYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES AND ITS TIME FOR THE REST TO BITE BACK…..shut them up tell them to shut the f**k up its a disgrace and totally fucks up the confidence in the team….

Aye, and that's likely. At least three quarters of our home crowd wouldn't open their mouths no matter what the circumstances.

They can clap like seals but sing, chant, shout? Don't be silly.

It started after half time when we were still leading 2-0. Folk going red with rage shouting at Murray to change things - even though we are winning 2-0. Then when changes are made, Moon and Nade came on and made little impact the grumbles became about the wrong people having been changed.

Elliot was winning stuff and playing well in the area closest to the main stand in the last ten minutes. He also got himself into a brilliant position in a break away but his teammate (can't remember who) couldn't get the ball across to him. Elliot was contributing far more than Nade was in the latter stages of the game. Yet still folk were giving him dogs abuse.

It's embarrassing to be honest. Starting to hate home games with the amount of whinging c***s in our support. Much prefer away games and the away support

You've not quite grasped this have you I want the fans (supporters) to stay and the arseholes to f**k off, it went on from the beginning of the match, the substitution of Stewart instead of Elliot (neither of which was setting the heather on fire )was greeted like Murray had just slaughtered the first born when really you couldn't split the two Stewart had missed a one on one to kill the game

It went on from the beginning of the match? Sounds fairly unlikely. I can't say I noticed this behaviour in the Main Stand.

The team dropped out the game in the second half and nearly had to settle for a point, in a game where at one point they looked like winning comfortably. Understandably this annoyed some people. A few were vocal about this. Then when the subs did nothing to change the situation and arguably made the situation worse, people were again vocal.

It would be nice if these people could push themselves to a couple of rounds of "come on you Raith" or the likes during the good spells, but they only seem to want to boo during the bad spells. Maybe it's a Kirkcaldy/Fife thing.

It started after half time when we were still leading 2-0. Folk going red with rage shouting at Murray to change things - even though we are winning 2-0. Then when changes are made, Moon and Nade came on and made little impact the grumbles became about the wrong people having been changed.

Elliot was winning stuff and playing well in the area closest to the main stand in the last ten minutes. He also got himself into a brilliant position in a break away but his teammate (can't remember who) couldn't get the ball across to him. Elliot was contributing far more than Nade was in the latter stages of the game. Yet still folk were giving him dogs abuse.

It's embarrassing to be honest. Starting to hate home games with the amount of whinging c***s in our support. Much prefer away games and the away support

Elliot has scored no league goals for over a year. When you throw in his awful demeanour during a match then its no surprise that the fans don't cut him much slack. It was Conroy who failed to get the simple pass through to Elliot. The fact that Murray then subbed Anderson and left Conroy on to do his usual and hide for the rest of the game also generated some grumbles.

I thought the crowd were more nervous than negative yesterday and weren't that bad really. There were no boos other than at the subs but that will probably continue to be a feature of our games because Murray has quite clearly lost the crowd. There were a few calls for subs around me at 2-0 but considering the obvious swing in momentum in the match they didn't seem unreasonable. Unfortunately we don't seem to have anyone on the bench who can come on and get a grip of a match.

I'm starting to think we may have the worst set of supporters in the league (obviously excluding ra peepul)

Between the constant barrage of shit comments on Facebook and a home support that are desperate for a wayward pass to boo.

The second halves atmosphere today felt no different to when we were getting pumped for the like the fifth time in a row.

If I stop going to Starks Park from tomorrow it would have nothing to do with the manager, the team or the football played but the miserable, whinging b*****ds that sit around me.

I remember if we conceded a goal, we would stand on our feet and sing "come on you Raith" What has happened to us?

We have just won our third game on the bounce, two away from home!

Moan, moan, moan. You could always move seat.

The happy clappers moan about the boo boys and threaten to stay away because of it.

The boo boys moan about the team and manager and threaten to stay away because of it.

Most of the fans who come out with the "I'm staying away" stuff are already away. That's why our crowds are back to diehard levels.

We are a frustrating team to watch. Deal with it.

Edit - 9 onions can be hung in one of big Nish's socks.

I know you hate my hero but Dumbarton cannot win an easy game without Big Nishy like the League Cup game against Hibs in Easter Road last Aug. As soon as Big Nishy left, Hibs scored 3 goals. I was there and was so annoyed. :thumbsdown

The atmosphere at home games has been flat for a year at least. Many are still unconvinced with the managerial team. Not sure how you fix that other than keeping winning games and trying to play football that gets the fans off their arses.

In the meantime, what about the club bringing in a Booing Section. That would keep those grumpy, angry, booy fans away from the normal (is there such a specimen) fans and the happy clappers. Possibly the half of the South Stand nearest the railway tracks, possibly the whole of the South Stand, depending on demand. The club really should cater for these people. Possibly in time, this could also become a Singing Section for good spells during games.

I know you hate my hero but Dumbarton cannot win an easy game without Big Nishy like the League Cup game against Hibs in Easter Road last Aug. As soon as Big Nishy left, Hibs scored 3 goals. I was there and was so annoyed. :thumbsdown

excellent point, don't know what he's done to get dropped yesterday, big man's been playing well, bit of an unsung hero in my eyes, start him with either Megginson, Fleming, or Campbell, or another if he can find a "Flannery ", but we need Nish's experience

;) you think our league position is pretty reflective of our performances this season Berk? I'm agreeing with the Malpas comment though. I think a few things have been shared between M&M which has been good. Wasn't sure what to make of Malpas's appointment at the time, but essentially judging by his interview, he's basically "assisting" Murray. Which I'm happy with.

I could just about agree that our league position is where we should be. I would drop the word 'performances' after some of our inept displays.

Now, the obvious has escaped you again - when you first raised 'the league table doesnt lie' we were near the top of the table. Now we're in the bottom half.

So which table is telling the truth, the earlier one or the current one? :P

excellent point, don't know what he's done to get dropped yesterday, big man's been playing well, bit of an unsung hero in my eyes, start him with either Megginson, Fleming, or Campbell, or another if he can find a "Flannery ", but we need Nish's experience

Big Nishy was dropped yesterday as I was not there, ha ha _ joking. I totally agree with you. I do not how but Nishy can create atmosphere for young Dumbarton players to score goal.

Can only imagine Nish has picked up a knock? Seems to me like we were screaming out for him to come on yet Murray only made one sub whilst we were chasing an equaliser and that was Taggart for Linton. I also don't think he merrited being dropped after his recent performances.

I knew as soon as I seen the team and formation yesterday we were beaten, we looked completely lost at times. Fair enough we played well in the 2nd half but by that point we've given Raith a 2 goal head start. Another poor performance from Linton and Mair, I'd stick to 4 at the back next week with Findlay partering Graham. If we had an alternative to Linton I'd play them but unfortunately we don't. Bit of a gutter about Gils, really feel we need to bring in a wide player, highly unconvinced by Megginson and Campbell.

I think the fact most fans were struggling to work out the formation and where players were meant to be playing tells it's own story. Back to basics next week please Ian because you got that terribly wrong today.

Meg and archie aren't wide men, where a problem arises straight away, push them up, (see meg yesterday), we need a left back, Taggart won't be the answer, maybe another midfielder, turner not reaching previous heights, and i missed the game yesterday, but you don't have to see it every week to know what's going on.

Archived