Raith v Dumbarton

It'll be interesting to see who we play up front on Saturday. We don't have a particularly strong squad in terms of depth. We've got 2 players with a background playing as a striker who feature as wingers under Murray - Campbell and Megginson seem the obvious options to partner Nish - and Gary Fleming who can play up front. I'd like to see Megginson get the nod because he's had a disappointing season so far and this might be whats needed to get him going again.

I suspect Mitch will get back in the 11 for Saturday as Campbell was pretty poor v Hearts. I suppose Gary will be back in as well with Kano gone.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly more confident this time round after seeing decent performances vs Hibs and taking 2 good results from Falkirk/Cowdung ...

We, by some miracle, look much more structured in our play now and I feel (hopefully) this could be another win to go 3 in a row ... As a Raith man I hate getting to carried away, but if we don't take at least a point judging against our recent performances I'd be pretty disappointed !

We've won two on the bounce with two clean sheets, which is great, I don't want this to sound negative at all - I think we'll all acknowledge we were very fortunate in Falkirk not to be behind, and it took an 88th minute goal in Cowdenbeath. It's a huge improvement but this is a step up again for us.

We're excruciatingly bad at home, only beating Dumbarton and Cowden, and drawing with Falkirk and Alloa. Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Queens and Livi have all came and scored at least three.

This'll be a real I indicator of how much we've actually improved.

For what it's worth I'll say an unfortunate score draw, a failure to get the ball in the net will cost is the points.

I'd bet for two signings this week, striker, central mid, we should have won first game of the season, Raith probably should have got something at the Rock, so you never can tell with these games, sons win I hope

Dumbarton were nowher near winning the first game of the season.

The Rovers blew them away in the second half and it probably could have finished a lot higher than 3-1 to us.

This'll be a tough game no doubt but it's eminently winnable.

Raith fans seem a lot more positive than they were before Christmas. Not that, that would be difficult.

(G) Murray in?

Last time we played you was the week after we got hammered 1-5 at home to bottom of the league Livingston. Now we're playing you at the back of 2 away wins in a row with 2 clean sheets.. Theres obviously going to be more optimism than Last time.

Dumbarton were nowher near winning the first game of the season.

The Rovers blew them away in the second half and it probably could have finished a lot higher than 3-1 to us.

This'll be a tough game no doubt but it's eminently winnable.

total bull, first half we were all over you, two second half goals came from, first one Kirkpatrick clears outside the box, the ball hitting a Raith player, goes out for a throw in yet Raith get it, where you score from, second the ball launched into our box, nade handles, not given, ball fouls to Raith player who is fouled, Raith score. Dreadful ref again,

total bull, first half we were all over you, two second half goals came from, first one Kirkpatrick clears outside the box, the ball hitting a Raith player, goes out for a throw in yet Raith get it, where you score from, second the ball launched into our box, nade handles, not given, ball fouls to Raith player who is fouled, Raith score. Dreadful ref again,

First half, Dumbarton were the better side but they weren't all over us. Dumbarton's goal in that game was a consolation and they were blown away in the second half. Conroy really should have score with that header to make it 4-0 at the time.

If you guys hadn't got all kinky and started wearing stockings then you might have stood a chance.

Just admit it, you weren't actually there were you?

We looked like scoring every time we went forward in that 2nd half.

I'm not being facetious, but at the time I remember thinking that it was going to end 5 or 6 nil.

Still the best I've seen us play this season.

Archived