Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you melt the snow then the pitch would become waterlogged. Undersoil heating is a preventative measure to stop the pitch from freezing, you can't really use it against snow.

If they had it turned on on time, the snow wouldn't lie. I'm not sure why you're defending this latest Ibrox cockup, but show me pictures of a game there in similar conditions and I will concede you've got a point. BT have just told us they had to go scrabbling through Bell's kit bag to find a ball. What a fucking shambles.

Ah, here ya go - details of the contract with SportScotland during the Commonwealths:

Work to extend the pitch, carried out by Glasgow 2014 in collaboration with Rangers Football Club and local contractors, involved raising the surface of areas at both ends of the park by 600mm by covering the existing track with membrane and new boards and then infilling with sand. The new turf was laid on top.

The rugby posts were then put in place, completing the transformation ahead of the stadium hosting the Rugby Sevens competition on Saturday July 26, and Sunday July 27. Before the posts could go up, the existing undersoil heating had to be cut and re-routed and the pitch dug up to accommodate the 2 cubic meters of concrete for each post.

Why am I thinking there is a wee chance the club tried to do the re-fit on the cheap?

Archived