Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

Of course. It's like we don't hate each other for religious reasons though, which is clearly utterly beyond the comprehension of anybody with not enough sentience not to shite everytime they fart, and - incredibly - whose parents aren't/weren't the kind of subhuman vermin who should have either been sterilised or euthanised. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? Most people in Edinburgh only support Hearts as their second team after all.

:lol:

That might have been true 30 years ago and may still be true with some of the fan base in Northern Ireland. But to suggest this is so in Scotland nowadays is ridiculous. Hearts fans sing "upto our knees in Hibee blood" but I hardly doubt anyone singing the song is planning on murdering any Hibs fans. Same goes for Glasgow when the chant is about Celtic and I find it ridiculous that "upto our knees in Celtic blood" is any less offensive than "****** blood" but there you have it. When an industry and jobs are funded to make up these rules, they are bound to be farcical. I come from a mixed household where one parent supports rangers and one Celtic. I was allowed to pick any team I wanted to support growing up and I chose rangers. Have I murdered or fought with my Celtic supporting father after an old firm defeat? Hardly. But that doesn't suit the agenda portrayed by organisations such as nil by mouth, where the constant raising of the sectarian issue is what keeps them receiving funds. I have no issue with any fans going along to the game and singing whatever they want, including Celtic with all the IRA stuff, I couldn't give a damn to be honest. Ironically the same people trying to get guys arrested for singing naughty songs at the football are the same people who will defend freedom of speech after the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks in France.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I'm not suggesting they're not bigger. They demonstrably are much bigger that any others in Scotland.It's the fact that you're reduced to pointing it out that makes the rest of us laugh at you.Seriously, what the Hell has got into you? Either this bit is an act or you earlier posts must have required gargantuan efforts of restraint.

The context of my post required that it was pointed out. The opinion i aired was that the old firm receive a disproportionately large media coverage of any incidents of crowd trouble or hooligan elements fighting away from the ground. This was rubbished by some, so by highlighting that newspapers survive on sales, they try appeal to the interests of the majority of folk reading them, this is clearly old firm fans when it comes to football issues. A story about lower league club's fans splashed across the back pages might not cultivate the same interest.

If you read one of my previous posts in reply to the Brechin fan, you'll see that I love the community feel and closeness with the team that fans of the smaller teams have. (Brechin, Annan, Forfar etc) and feel as though it's something us fans of the larger clubs miss out on. So by me pointing out Rangers are the bigger club is in no way trying to belittle any other fans, but was necessary to highlight my point.

I'm finding this "mask has slipped" bandwagon all you guys are trying to jump on hard to understand too. Can you point out any of my posts where I haven't presented eloquently and with good supporting evidence? (Even though you may not agree with the point i'm making). Frankly, some of the replies I have received with the childish name calling and "get it right up yi" crap, had they been uttered by a Rangers fan on here would have been pounced upon by the lot of you.

Fúck me, you really haven't been paying attention, have you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm using my phone to reply so can't quote 2 replies in one post....

See the inclusion of the word generally at the start of my previous post you pounced upon?

What was that about paying attention? Kettle, pot, black... :lol:

Edinburgh isn't quite as handy for the ferries, though, is it? ;)

If the majority in Edinburgh are fans of celtic and the rangers, that would mean these teams' attendances are - in the majority - composed of supporters from edinburgh. No wonder the M8 is at a standstill every weekend. Oh, no, hang on a minute...

Why would this be the case? Your statement would only carry weight if I had said the majority of old firm fans come from Edinburgh, rather than what I actually said, the majority of football fans in Edinburgh support the old firm.

I'd also say the majority of fans in Paisley support the old firm, this doesn't mean I'm suggesting that the majority of people in Ibrox or Parkhead are from Paisley. Neither does it mean the M8 west bound is at a standstill on match days at the Paisley junctions.

Glasgow and the Greater Glasgow area has somewhere in the region of 2.5 million people. Not far off half of the country's population in one relatively small region. Of course most of the people inside the grounds will be from this area.

Is it so hard to believe that the generations growing up watching Rangers and Celtic dominate scottish football have been attracted away from traditional hearts and Hibs supporting families?

I think the same will happen with current youngsters in Glasgow and the rest of Scotland being attracted to the likes of man city, Chelsea and other big English teams due to their glamorous all star line ups and almost blanket TV coverage.

That might have been true 30 years ago and may still be true with some of the fan base in Northern Ireland. But to suggest this is so in Scotland nowadays is ridiculous. Hearts fans sing "upto our knees in Hibee blood" but I hardly doubt anyone singing the song is planning on murdering any Hibs fans. Same goes for Glasgow when the chant is about Celtic and I find it ridiculous that "upto our knees in Celtic blood" is any less offensive than "****** blood" but there you have it. When an industry and jobs are funded to make up these rules, they are bound to be farcical. I come from a mixed household where one parent supports rangers and one Celtic. I was allowed to pick any team I wanted to support growing up and I chose rangers. Have I murdered or fought with my Celtic supporting father after an old firm defeat? Hardly. But that doesn't suit the agenda portrayed by organisations such as nil by mouth, where the constant raising of the sectarian issue is what keeps them receiving funds. I have no issue with any fans going along to the game and singing whatever they want, including Celtic with all the IRA stuff, I couldn't give a damn to be honest. Ironically the same people trying to get guys arrested for singing naughty songs at the football are the same people who will defend freedom of speech after the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks in France.

Good Lord.

I take back everything I've said about you now being the same as the other Rangers fans on here. You're actually at the extremist periphery, occupied usually by AWRA and the like.

There's no way on earth you'd get the likes of No8, Tedi or Bennett saying it's fine to sing of "****** blood", tearing into Nil by Mouth, or backing anyone's right to sing in praise of the IRA.

I apologise to the posters I mentioned for likening you to them in previous posts.

Why would this be the case? Your statement would only carry weight if I had said the majority of old firm fans come from Edinburgh, rather than what I actually said, the majority of football fans in Edinburgh support the old firm.

I'd also say the majority of fans in Paisley support the old firm, this doesn't mean I'm suggesting that the majority of people in Ibrox or Parkhead are from Paisley. Neither does it mean the M8 west bound is at a standstill on match days at the Paisley junctions.

Glasgow and the Greater Glasgow area has somewhere in the region of 2.5 million people. Not far off half of the country's population in one relatively small region. Of course most of the people inside the grounds will be from this area.

Is it so hard to believe that the generations growing up watching Rangers and Celtic dominate scottish football have been attracted away from traditional hearts and Hibs supporting families?

I think the same will happen with current youngsters in Glasgow and the rest of Scotland being attracted to the likes of man city, Chelsea and other big English teams due to their glamorous all star line ups and almost blanket TV coverage.

More's the pity, even if what you say re Edinburgh is only half-correct. And all those glory hunters that chose a club struggling to get out of the Championship and who are admin's door once again. Wishing your rotten club another death.

support+your+local+team.jpg

C'mon MT we're not back here are we? I've no time at all for the Hoops, Sheep or Arabs and just don't understand the current gayfest between Hearts and Hibs fans at all, but I don't spend hours following their threads just to have a dig or a piss take. You however are completely obsessed by Rangers, and post just as much as any of the Bears on here, with regards to pretty much everything about the club . I think its strange for a diehard QotS supporter. That's why I take pity, because there is obviously something missing. That said, iirc I offered to meet for a pint before the game at yours in early Dec, it would have been ok I reckon!

A pint after it might have been more fun.

Again though we've got this daft leap. I love football, but I can't stand the OF. I can't stand what they represent to many of their fans. I can't stand that their advantages in our game are so vast. I can't stand that they talk down our game, in their desire to leave it and make more money (although I wish they would). I can't stand how they've carved up power and influence between them. I can't stand how they dominate media coverage. I can't stand how the they attract the weak willed and emotionally immature from throughout the country to follow them. I can't stand the empty triumphalism that accompanied their inevitable and therefore hollow successes.

I have therefore absolutely loved the comical trouble one of them has run into. Yes, it's a bit of an obsession, but hey, it's harmless and hugely enjoyable.

Why does this hobby of mine suggest gaps that need filled, any more than would any other?

But your mask has slipped and shown you up to be the typical non old firm supporting scottish football fan. Bitter, twisted, blinded by jealousy and suffering a major inferiority complex.

Wooo,hoo!

Jealousy! One of my favourites.

Go on then. Please do explain this jealousy, we non- OF fans are crippled by. The way I see it is that if I was jealous of OF fans, I'd er... become one. I've a feeling it would not be difficult.

However, I don't, so it's fair to say I'm not jealous.

I love the notion too that we have a feeling of inferiority to those that are. It's not easy to imagine an idea that could be further wide of the mark.

Good Lord.

I take back everything I've said about you now being the same as the other Rangers fans on here. You're actually at the extremist periphery, occupied usually by AWRA and the like.

There's no way on earth you'd get the likes of No8, Tedi or Bennett saying it's fine to sing of "****** blood", tearing into Nil by Mouth, or backing anyone's right to sing in praise of the IRA.

I apologise to the posters I mentioned for likening you to them in previous posts.

So being in favour of complete freedom of speech and not picking and choosing what should be allowed is extremist? Right you are!

Do I sing billy boys at games? No (I don't sing at all for that matter), I sit quietly and try to pick up on the tactical failings or successes on the park. Do I think billy boys or IRA songs or songs about the ibrox disaster (a regular of aberdeen fans) should be sung at all? Probably not, but would I stick up for their right to sing it without fear of reprisal or consequence? Your damn right!

Answer this, do you think the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo office were justified? Simple yes or no answer will suffice.

So being in favour of complete freedom of speech and not picking and choosing what should be allowed is extremist? Right you are!

Do I sing billy boys at games? No (I don't sing at all for that matter), I sit quietly and try to pick up on the tactical failings or successes on the park. Do I think billy boys or IRA songs or songs about the ibrox disaster (a regular of aberdeen fans) should be sung at all? Probably not, but would I stick up for their right to sing it without fear of reprisal or consequence? Your damn right!

Answer this, do you think the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo office were justified? Simple yes or no answer will suffice.

The answer is very clearly "No".

What an utterly bonkers question.

The answer is very clearly "No".What an utterly bonkers question.

It's not bonkers at all.

Obviously most non-mental people would answer no to this question

The real question is then why do you support freedom of speech when it comes to being offensive against one set of people (in this case Muslims...we'll leave the issue of should a cartoon be considered offensive aside....they consider it offensive), but not against another? In my example, a set of Scottish football fans? Can you answer?

It's not bonkers at all.

Obviously most non-mental people would answer no to this question

The real question is then why do you support freedom of speech when it comes to being offensive against one set of people (in this case Muslims...we'll leave the issue of should a cartoon be considered offensive aside....they consider it offensive), but not against another? In my example, a set of Scottish football fans? Can you answer?

Where did I say I supported unfettered freedom of speech against Muslims?

I did get your 'logic' you know. It's really not that subtle. In fact it's so pathetic and juvenile, I can scarcely believe I'm engaging in discussion of it.

I'm not a proponent of shop lifting either, but I don't think that gunning down perpetrators would be justified.

More's the pity, even if what you say re Edinburgh is only half-correct. And all those glory hunters that chose a club struggling to get out of the Championship and who are admin's door once again. Wishing your rotten club another death.

support+your+local+team.jpg

Even in your deepest recesses you don't believe that. Scottish football needs the old firm. These past seasons have proven that the whole "more competitive league will attract more punters and sponsorship" line is simply not true. Attendances are down, the league can't attract a sponsor and the frequency of "pay what you can afford", "£5 entry" type matches is on the increase. Admirable as they are by the clubs, there's no way they would be doing this if the attendances weren't falling.

Where did I say I supported unfettered freedom of speech against Muslims?I did get your 'logic' you know. It's really not that subtle. In fact it's so pathetic and juvenile, I can scarcely believe I'm engaging in discussion of it. I'm not a proponent of shop lifting either, but I don't think that gunning down perpetrators would be justified.

I agree, but there should be some form of consequence for shoplifters yes?

So you don't support unfettered freedom of speech against Muslims? Where do you draw the line then? Who draws that line? What if Muslims don't agree with that line? What consequences should anyone crossing that line face?

Even in your deepest recesses you don't believe that. Scottish football needs the old firm. These past seasons have proven that the whole "more competitive league will attract more punters and sponsorship" line is simply not true. Attendances are down, the league can't attract a sponsor and the frequency of "pay what you can afford", "£5 entry" type matches is on the increase. Admirable as they are by the clubs, there's no way they would be doing this if the attendances weren't falling.

Jesus, man, stop it.

Attendances are not significantly down for anyone other than the OF. In fact, for some clubs, they've gone up a little. This is well documented.

People were suggesting before that you were an alias of another Rangers fan on here. Such is your almost wilful stupidity though, I'm starting to see you as a Timposter.

For the record, the last 3 years have unequivocally proved that Scottish football does not need a strong OF. The OF needs a strong OF.

I agree, but there should be some form of consequence for shoplifters yes?

So you don't support unfettered freedom of speech against Muslims? Where do you draw the line then? Who draws that line? What if Muslims don't agree with that line? What consequences should anyone crossing that line face?

I would draw the line in a different place from you. That's fine.

If you wish to live in a society whereby everyone has an absolute right to say or write whatever they like to, or about, anyone, that's ok. It's a legitimate view.

It's not one I share however.

Jesus, man, stop it.Attendances are not significantly down for anyone other than the OF. In fact, for some clubs, they've gone up a little. This is well documented.People were suggesting before that you were an alias of another Rangers fan on here. Such is your almost wilful stupidity though, I'm starting to see you as a Timposter. For the record, the last 3 years have unequivocally proved that Scottish football does not need a strong OF. The OF needs a strong OF.

Can you please show me figures documenting these increases in attendance? Any figure I've seen has shown anything but. Hearts and Hibs being the obvious exception this past year.

I think it's fairly safe to assume I touch a nerve with you seeing as this isn't the first time you've resorted to name calling rather than engaging in a debate supported by fact rather than sweeping statements, despite it being me who is apparently the knuckle dragger.

Fact - attendances are down.

Fact - scottish football can't attract a sponsor other than for an old firm semi final.

Fact - the TV contract had to be renegotiated at a much lower rate and rangers matches in the lower leagues included in it (I'm sure the same would have happened had it been Celtic relegated)

Fact - the SPL more or less engaged in a hostile takeover of the SFL to form the SPFL as they knew their product was nothing without the old firm.

Fact - the quote by someone else (possibly you) earlier this morning in this thread (the one about obsession with the old firm) where you allude to the decision making powers being all the the old firm's favour. How does that work when several years ago the TV contracts were being negotiated and the two old firm clubs were all for staying with Sky, but the rest wanted to go for Setanta. The voting system of the then SPL of 9-3 meant the old firm could not influence anything without the support of others. The Setanta deal got pushed through for slightly more pennies whilst taking the game away from a far bigger TV audience. It subsequently collapsed and scottish football resorted to whoring itself out to the biggest bidder, which turned out to be the BBC, who were awarded the deal on something like 1/8 value of the sky deal. Thereafter this was the value more or less of every subsequent TV deal. The rest of the teams out with the old firm killed scottish football financially with that decision - FACT

Archived