Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

Pish/ doesn't fit your stupid, naive, stereotyping agenda? Hmmm

I'm relatively new to this forum but I genuinely didn't realise the sheer stupidity amongst other teams fans. When I go to games I park along past the asda, so I exit the same way as away fans and alongside their buses. I've yet to see anyone even say a cross word in their direction let alone attack or Brick buses. Aberdeen are the exception to this as they tend to be kept in at the end of the game so I'm already gone by the time they come out.

Honestly it's like me saying: I was in the McDonald's in Union st Aberdeen before a game and got called a weegie b*****d and a would get my c**t kicked in etc (true actually) by some daft wee neds. Then me saying all Aberdeen fans are backward farmer Neanderthals. When of course, it's a few daft wee neds you get in every support.

Are you saying the Hearts buses didn't get hit?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, so you are saying that verbal taunts about a football team deserve to be greeted violently then?It's funny how something can be both utterly incredible and not remotely surprising at the same time.

No i didnt and i didnt imply that in anyway.

Again for those who are choosing to complete misrepresent what i said. If supporters of ANY club want to go looking for trouble i have absolutely no sympathy for them if tbey find trouble.

At no time have i tried to excuse or justify the behaviour inside the ground or outside the stadium. Quite the opposite infact.

It would help if you actually read what i posted instead of what you wanted me to post.

Outside the Main Stand the blame has to lie with the Hearts supporters

If hearts fans were being provocative then by all means shout back at them. Don't attack them. And if they ARE attacked then at least condemn both the hearts fans for a stupid stunt, AND the portion of rangers fans who thought it meritied violence. It's not as if rangers fans had no choice but to resort to violence.

Again for those who are choosing to complete misrepresent what i said. If supporters of ANY club want to go looking for trouble i have absolutely no sympathy for them if tbey find trouble.

At no time have i tried to excuse or justify the behaviour inside the ground or outside the stadium. Quite the opposite infact.

It would help if you actually read what i posted instead of what you wanted me to post.

All it took was a few lines to say that your fans were out of order and move on. Instead you have made about 10 posts of mewling pish, dancing around the issue and drawing attention to a supposed group of Hearts fans who apparently sung some songs at the demonstration.

It's quite obvious this was an attempt to distract away from the real problems which happened on the other side of the ground when the Hearts fans were exiting towards their own buses and walking in. The opposite direction.

I was parked in the Rangers fans car park and didn't see a single Hearts fan (certainly no colours at the demos do there certainly wasn't any singing. It would take a real psycho to walk towards that amount of Rangers fans and start singing at them. Especially when there were loads others standing around.

I wasn't stood there for long so I'm not saying it didn't happen but it seems a bit strange to me

Just for the record. If you want to behave like an arsehole at the football you will be treated like an arsehole and don't come greeting to me looking for sympathy.

Just for the record. If you want to behave like an arsehole on P&B condoning violence as a justifiable reason in response to a few songs sung at your knuckledragging support, you will be treated like an arsehole and get no sympathy.

I'm sure the way the easy going bears laughed off the jibes will ensure no further taunting from other fans about letting their club die.

Other clubs fans will have to be quick, for there isn't many games left before the bears adopted club dies.

If you provoke idiots and they fight you then that is irresponsible behaviour. Not that those Hearts fans deserved the violence but why put yourself in that position.

I agree entirely.

Of course the Hearts fans involved here were not entirely innocent victims. Their behaviour was provocative, reckless and stupid. This even tempers sympathy for them a little as the response they got was hardly unpredictable.

This however, is a long way from saying that they deserved it, or that it's fair to respond to teasing about a football team by inflicting violence on those doing the teasing.

This is where No8's view differs from that held by most normal members of society.

I would say your point had some relevance and perhaps merit if you hadn't left out the most widely hated team in England amongst fans of other teams. That being Manchester UTD. The reason they and Rangers are most hated? Success.

Look at it this way, if your not a Man Utd fan. Did you have an irrational dislike for them during the Sir Alex years? Yes? Has that hate somewhat relinquished since he left and they are now fighting to finish 3rd/4th at best? Yes? Point proven.

Complete and utter codswallop.

We've been through this one before, but when Liverpool were hoovering up everything going in the 70s, they were the cuddly Melchester Rovers of world football everyone loved, housewives favourites, etc. Chelsea and Millwall by comparison won zip but were universally despised even by people who weren't into football - same as Rangers. Reason? Their low life fans (& in Chelsea's case also an owner Ken Bates with a ludicrous sense of entitlement over a nothing of a club).

Man U dislike had more to do with them becoming (& in many ways being pioneers of) Brand Name FC putting money above all else to the extent they forfeitted FA Cup entry one year (to add insult to injury as its holders) under the excuse of having to play in some tournament in Brazil (as if they hadn't a second string good enough to easily overcome whatever third or fourth tier side they'd be drawn against) because it was "beneath them" in financial terms (they have later made excuses about "government and FA pressure to take part" in the Brazil fiasco). That was the unforgivable moment - they became a totem of how much the game had become divorced from the fans that had sustained it and clubs had turned into plutocrats' playthings.

It still didn't prevent Eric Cantona being widely revered as a legend, but only after him Chuck Norrising some scheme goblin BNP thug who turned out to be a Fulham fan, not a Palace fan, going along to cause trouble. Which brings us full circle.

(BTW the fan in question got to give his sob story version of events c/o who else but the ever contrary Guardian, pity for them only three years ago he proved himself still to be a scumbag by punching a manager at a children's football match for not giving his son a game!)

You know they are hurting, 3 years of post liquidation humiliation by EVERY other club's fans in Scotland. Relentless humiliation at that. And now the club is getting violated right now in front of their eyes (by people they happily let pull the wool over their eyes in the first place). And you know what happens when too many old firm fans get pished up and angry. It's a powder keg.

By it's nature, they will be given the "bants" and they need to take it, but I can't believe anyone is that surprised at the outcome right now given the climate and what has went before. Not alright, not ok, Rangers have to live with the reputation damage of fans losing the plot - whether that group be big or small as that is the nature of the game. But it's really debatable that "rangers fans" as an assembled group have any reputation left. I'm afraid that right now ridiculous reactions to getting the pish ripped out of them is something that comes with the territory, I'd image future policing will reflect the problems, and if it doesn't then it's going to keep happening for the foreseeable future presuming they survive as a footballing entity.

I'm not questioning Ferguson's managerial record, as WRK did.

The central point he was making however, is that the fact that Ferguson's a horrible, bullying shit of a man, contributed to Man United's unpopularity with other supporters.

In this, he's right.

He also said that it was a myth that the man was a genius. He's the best manager I've seen.

I agree that he was a bit of a dick but those personality traits may be have contributed to him being such a great manager.

He also said that it was a myth that the man was a genius. He's the best manager I've seen.

I agree that he was a bit of a dick but those personality traits may be have contributed to him being such a great manager.

Quite possibly. It's sort of beside the point that was really being made though.

So hearts fans went out of their way to antagonise opposing fans during a time when emotions were running high and the Ned's in our support responded to them? Predictable what would happen.

Bunch of fannies, the lot of them.

Erm, that's exactly what you did which makes you a shameless and glib liar. But we all knew that already.

You will also have to provide links to video evidence showing the Hearts fans singing (oh the nerve!) at the the rangers fans at the demo otherwise you are also lying about that. Shamelessly and glibly.

You absolutely did.

You stated that it was the Hearts fans' fault and that they were lucky the violence they faced wasn't worse. You were drawing a distinction between this incident and others, for which you'd blame Rangers fans.

Clearly, in this case however, you were absolving the Rangers supporters of blame, because they were provoked.

I like this idea that opposing fans who are taunting you are fair game for a kicking. It has a nostalgic 1980s feel to it.

I know. The Hibs fans really do deserve applauding for their restraint in the face of all that 5-1 provokation when kick in's are clearly justifiable! :rolleyes:

Archived