Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

_80334071_snowshovel.jpg

Can anyone ID these mysterious devices?

Snow shovels? Being used to shovel snow off of which other magical device? (pssst an Astro pitch).

As for the bother to me it looked like pavement dancers on both sides giving it the old "hold me back" crap but really bricking it incase they did manage to step over that very thin banner.

As for all the away fans feeling intimidated nonsense, I go to lots if different grounds through hospitality with work and we try to always get away end tickets if possible because the atmosphere is generally better. At any grounds I've never had or seen any bother at all, with the exception of Aberdeen at Ibrox when the Aberdeen fans seemed to actively seek the confrontation and got the reaction they wanted.

Govan itself is not a nice area and one of the city's "probably best not to walk around yourself at night" type places. I once had a knife pulled out on me whilst cutting through the high flats after parking the car, on the way to a champions league match. Were they rangers fans? I have no idea but wore no colours. I have no doubt if tynecastle was in Westerhailes or sighthill, random panning of supporter bus windows would be a more common occurance too.

Rangers are no different from any other club in having their set of moronic fans. The old firm have much larger supports so this element will enevitably be larger too. Add in the fact Glasgow is probably the roughest of the big cities then that's a big contributer too. But all the rangers fans are all knuckle draggers lingo really is quite tiresome. The support is rightly angry at what is going on at their club and have reacted the same way any fans would in the same circumstances.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being at the game and seeing what i saw i would have to say the scuffle outside the Main Stand was the fault of the Hearts fans but there was only a small number. They were just idiots and were lucky it wasn't far worse

The trouble at the end of the game i would say the Rangers support have to take the majority of the blame. The club know there is a problem with the support who choose to get as near the away support as possible and have taken action this season by increasing the segregation area. This is something they did after myself and many other Rangers supporters complained to the club after the Dumbarton game

As far as the trouble outisde the ground after the game goes i didn't see anything. I walked up by The Broomloan Road end and on by the wee Rangers club. There was no trouble there and Hearts and Rangers supporters were walking up the street together. I take it the trouble was more between the Broomloan and The Govan stands?

ETA..I meant to add IF the reports i see on here are true then the Rangers support were by far the worst of the two

the Hearts fans were to blame because they sang at the Rangers fans, is that seriously what you're saying?

Absolute bollocks. I almost got lifted at Ibrox for telling the police to do their fucking job. My crime, being spat on and having hot drinks thrown over me. Yet, I was the one that had to 'sit down and shut up'. The vile creature actually spitting on people was in full view to the police, but as he was in the section above it wasn't their problem.

Well if you're going to swear at the polis, what do you expect?

A bit unlikely but if you tried really really hard you could just about make a case for Sevco not clearing the ground as a tactical ploy but for any club to have only ONE non white ball in the middle of a Scottish winter is just ludicrous. What would have happened if the one ball had burst?

Same thing that happened after the one orange ball burst here, probably. A more enjoyable experience than the average Glentoran v Linfield game.

For them to do their job? Kinda the point of the post actually. Not surprised you missed it though.

"How dare you expect them to do their job? Selfish if you ask me. If folk want to make noise, attack opposing fans and sing sectarian songs, then they should be allowed, they pay their money like everyone else. Plus, their fans probably sung too loud so they were asking for it" will probably be his reply, or something along those lines...

you said earlier that there were punches thrown because Hearts fans chanted at the Rangers fans. And that they were 'lucky' it wasn't worse.

What am I missing that makes the Hearts fans to blame?

You said....'The Hearts fans were to blame' and left it at that.. I quite clearly stated that overall most of the blame lies with the Rangers supporters..

Outside the Main Stand the blame has to lie with the Hearts supporters..Or maybe you think they genuinely weren't looking for a reaction when they started singing about the Rangers supporters letting their club die :rolleyes:

I am in no way condoning any violent behaviour in this post, before anyone pounces on this....

Is it any wonder Rangers fans have a "battle fever" mentality when you look at the sheer hatred of them by other clubs.

Prime example, page after page after page of debate about, in part, the match having to be abandoned due to heavy snow fall less than an hour before kick off. Accusations a plenty about deliberately turning off under soil heating due to a fear of playing Hearts or not being able to afford it blah blah absolute rubbish. Compare and contrast to Dundee Utd who are in a region where even half a dozen junior matches went ahead. Will we see the same level of speculation or ridicule? Will we hear the media or the BBC radio presenters or guests calling for an official investigation into why the game didn't go ahead? I'm highly doubtful.

It's a bit of a cliche but when your cornered you tend to come out fighting and that's what Scottish football supporters, commentators and media have done to the rangers fans for the best part of a decade. Of course this has went into overdrive in the last few years.

You said....'The Hearts fans were to blame' and left it at that.. I quite clearly stated that overall most of the blame lies with the Rangers supporters..

Outside the Main Stand the blame has to lie with the Hearts supporters..Or maybe you think they genuinely weren't looking for a reaction when they started singing about the Rangers supporters letting their club die :rolleyes:

Winding up opposing fans is fine. Being violent towards opposing fans isn't. HTH.

I am in no way condoning any violent behaviour in this post, before anyone pounces on this....

Is it any wonder Rangers fans have a "battle fever" mentality when you look at the sheer hatred of them by other clubs.

Prime example, page after page after page of debate about, in part, the match having to be abandoned due to heavy snow fall less than an hour before kick off. Accusations a plenty about deliberately turning off under soil heating due to a fear of playing Hearts or not being able to afford it blah blah absolute rubbish. Compare and contrast to Dundee Utd who are in a region where even half a dozen junior matches went ahead. Will we see the same level of speculation or ridicule? Will we hear the media or the BBC radio presenters or guests calling for an official investigation into why the game didn't go ahead? I'm highly doubtful.

It's a bit of a cliche but when your cornered you tend to come out fighting and that's what Scottish football supporters, commentators and media have done to the rangers fans for the best part of a decade. Of course this has went into overdrive in the last few years.

Aye, it's shocking the attitude people have towards peepul. I mean, they sign kaffliks now, and everything...

Dry yer fucking eyes - the rangers and their fans deserve every bit of what's happened, is happening, and will happen. Fúck 'em.

"No-one likes us, so we're allowed to act like fannies"

You have yet to make a single point on this thread which isn't a load of pish.

Archived