Dundee gripped by gaelic fever

Reynard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember exactly. Some loony unionist Facebook page was brought up and a poster noticed that you'd been commenting on it.

Oh right. Hopefully it was something decent then.

My own page is set private anyway so other than my name, they aren't going to get much.

If they are all that interested I can arrange a signed photo for them? Just PM me here.

Personally, if I knew your name and where you were standing for election, I'd make sure your party knew about what you were posting and that your local constituents knew exactly what sort of person they were voting for and let them decide accordingly.

He'd be OK in that instance, as you'd manage to get it spectacularly wrong, making a thundercunt of yourself in the process.

You couldn't find your own arse using both hands.

He'd be OK in that instance, as you'd manage to get it spectacularly wrong, making a thundercunt of yourself in the process.

You couldn't find your own arse using both hands.

I can just imagine someone like Oaksoft popping up in the Ayrshire Post letters page attempting to ruin the good name of some prospective councillor that nobody has ever heard of, far less gives a single f**k about. Name and address supplied of course <_<

Interestingly. The gaelic word for garlic is garlic.

I feel a bit sorry for Granny Danger who got all fired up, painted his face blue and white and stormed oot his Glebe Street flat seeking to impose Gaelic road signs on the citizens of Clootie City.

No, it's 'creamh'.

I don't see the citizens coming out in droves for proper English either - starting by removing the Gaelic name Dundee and replacing it with the proper English equivalent.

You're clutching at straws here. Next stop, Ukip candidacy?

No, it's 'creamh'.

I don't see the citizens coming out in droves for proper English either - starting by removing the Gaelic name Dundee and replacing it with the proper English equivalent.

You're clutching at straws here. Next stop, Ukip candidacy?

One person turned up for the public consultation in Dundee. Who is clutching at straws?

One person turned up for the public consultation in Dundee. Who is clutching at straws?

You deemed it important enough to start a thread about it. Relevence is? How does it compare to other public consultations in Dundee?

Clutching at straws to make some sort of point. Maybe you think being anti-Gaelic is anti-Scottish or that all Gaels are pro-indy. I don't know. Enlighten me.

You deemed it important enough to start a thread about it. Relevence is? How does it compare to other public consultations in Dundee?

Clutching at straws to make some sort of point. Maybe you think being anti-Gaelic is anti-Scottish or that all Gaels are pro-indy. I don't know. Enlighten me.

I deemed it too good a chance to miss sticking the boot into the ridiculous SNP. The fact it's got utter fannies like you whining is also good.

I'd be interested to know which members of the SNP the Gaelic lobby have the ear of. I don't agree with having all the signs in English and Gaelic as seems to have happened.

Thinking pragmatically, Gaelic is a pretty useless language. Why not spend the money on teaching everyone French or Spanish or Mandarin? Something vaguely useful. Why have signs in a language that only a very small percentage of the population can read.

I'd be interested to know which members of the SNP the Gaelic lobby have the ear of. I don't agree with having all the signs in English and Gaelic as seems to have happened.

Thinking pragmatically, Gaelic is a pretty useless language. Why not spend the money on teaching everyone French or Spanish or Mandarin? Something vaguely useful. Why have signs in a language that only a very small percentage of the population can read.

Trying to push the idea that Scots are culturally different.

Its similar to that idiot Colkitto banging on about TV that isn't Scottish enough.

Its nationalism, its what they do.

Thinking pragmatically, Gaelic is a pretty useless language.

It's utterly useless. Reynard has it right though - it's just a pity we were saddled with such a ridiculous backward nonsense of a language. No surprise it never made it to civilisation.

i like that gaelic exists but im no fan of spending money on it. especialy when much much more people speak scots (or at the very least a watered down form of it) aare simplytold to speak properly or stop using slang. its heavily romanticed the gaelic but i think we should leave it to the gaels themselves to keep it going and promote it.

Dont be like ireland. nothing has damaged irish gaelic in modern times than its politicisation and its opertunistic use by sinn fein

i like that gaelic exists but im no fan of spending money on it. especialy when much much more people speak scots (or at the very least a watered down form of it) aare simplytold to speak properly or stop using slang. its heavily romanticed the gaelic but i think we should leave it to the gaels themselves to keep it going and promote it.

Dont be like ireland. nothing has damaged irish gaelic in modern times than its politicisation and its opertunistic use by sinn fein

This for me! Although I do quite like the street signs, in somewhere like Blairgowrie for example, I think they're rather quaint.

Dundee isn't one of the heartlands of Scots according to the 2011 census, but there was still a sizable chunk of the population claiming to be able to speak it.

640px-Scots_speakers_in_the_2011_census.

Archived