League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Spotted this on twitter and SLFL website. Prettymuch as expected/it says on the tin:

http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/sport/football/articles/2015/01/18/521639-vale-set-to-celebrate-125th-anniversary-with-survival-plan/

From this article it says that yesterday was the big day for vale of leithens licencing review. From the pictures of the game against bbc it doesn't look like the work on the enclosure or pitch perimeter fence has been completed so likely they will have to wait until May at least to get their licence.

As for new teams... I passed marine drive on sunday, still not enclosed but portacabins in behind the goals and two prefab enclosures facing each other yet to be put in to position. Looks doubtful that they will apply based on that. From their website they have the licencing committee visiting on the 18th of March.

Anybody aware of any other teams being assessed this month? Mayne we'll have a better idea of applicants if the sfa update their website after the March reviews are completed

The LL constitution isn't on their website so not sure that's 100% clear at the moment. It may only apply once they are up to their full complement of 16 clubs and also as things stand at the moment there are no entry level licensed clubs in the EoS and SoS leagues eligible to take their place should they wind up as league champions, although that may change before the end of the season.

Think it's mentioned in the SoS league documents that there's provision for their winners to play off vs EoS winners for a place in LL - IF they're licenced.

As it stands, Edinburgh Uni and Vale are the only LL clubs not licenced. Could mean back to 12 for next season...

{Only Linlithgow Rose and Banks O'Dee (outside of SPFL, HL, LL) are licenced.}

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

EDIT - South of Scotland Football League Championship Competition Rules:

18. The winners of the League championship shall hold the trophy for one year.

As part of the Scottish FA “Pyramid” system, the South of Scotland Football League is “opened” up to promotion and relegation, to and from the Scottish Lowland Football League.

18.1 The winners of the South of Scotland Football League may be promoted to the Scottish Lowland Football League provided that the club meets the required entry criteria.

Promotion is mandatory, providing the necessary entry criteria and qualifying process is met.

18.2 Clubs being relegated from the Scottish Lowland Football League will be allowed to join the South of Scotland Football League, provided they meet the entry criteria.

*Can't find any specific reference to the play off in here, but it was in last year's (I think). Take it that's what the 'qualifying process' is?

Just saying after someone on the previous page was talking about Civil Service Strollers and Vale of Leithen.

First time I've seen them mentioned in local press in that way.

Also: the last placed LL team has to play off for survival, is that right? Do the SOS and EOS teams play off first to decide who plays them?

In principle bottom is relegated and winner of EOS-SOS playoff is promoted. In practice must be low odds that either champion is licensed, plus the possibility must be high that 14th will survive anyway: returning through vacancy process / not enough eligible clubs applying for vacancies / current clubs not obtaining licensed and being demoted / etc. could all be potential reasons I'd imagine? Confusing.

Stirling Uni and BSC are unlicenced at the moment,

In the case of the Uni. using Forthbank obviously will meet all the ground criteria, so if that makes the licence a formality,

anyone know as to why they are not already licenced?

Rumour has it that BSC may be given more time to sort out their situation, to me that maybe partly down to their application to

join the LL was with a different groundshare.

I don't understand the ins and outs of licencing, but deadlines must be the same for everyone, when exactly is this?

Any teams without licence, will they be demoted back to EoS/SoS leagues?

In the case of the Uni. using Forthbank obviously will meet all the ground criteria, so if that makes the licence a formality,

Rumour has it that BSC may be given more time to sort out their situation, to me that maybe partly down to their application to

I don't understand the ins and outs of licencing, but deadlines must be the same for everyone, when exactly is this?

Any teams without licence, will they be demoted back to EoS/SoS leagues

There is a lot more to getting a licence than having a fit ground. It is all about how the club is run - coaching standards, first aid, governance, codes of conduct, insurance, finance etc. Most clubs find it takes about 9-12 months to get their licence even if their ground is to licensing standards.

I thought it was those two plus Stirling Uni and BSC Glasgow?

Any teams without licence, will they be demoted back to EoS/SoS leagues?

Yep, my mistake.

I was going by the SFA's most recent licencing s/s which doesn't have those two in their list of LL clubs - maybe because they're not SFA members, yet? So that would be Vale, the two Unis, and BSC unlicenced.

The SPFL deadline for registration of a club's home ground is 1st June - so that might be a guide. On the other hand, licences seem to be up for review at any point in the year depending upon application date.

Wouldn't they just grant a waiver of year's grace to any un-licenced LL club, rather than see the league membership fall to (potentially) 10 clubs? That might make the LL look a bit flimsy as a regional feeder for the national leagues - and the likes of me might strike up with seniors/juniors all-in, N/E/W regions from tier 3/4, arguments again...

Yep, my mistake.

I was going by the SFA's most recent licencing s/s which doesn't have those two in their list of LL clubs - maybe because they're not SFA members, yet? So that would be Vale, the two Unis, and BSC unlicenced.

The SPFL deadline for registration of a club's home ground is 1st June - so that might be a guide. On the other hand, licences seem to be up for review at any point in the year depending upon application date.

Wouldn't they just grant a waiver of year's grace to any un-licenced LL club, rather than see the league membership fall to (potentially) 10 clubs? That might make the LL look a bit flimsy as a regional feeder for the national leagues - and the likes of me might strike up with seniors/juniors all-in, N/E/W regions from tier 3/4, arguments again...

Hasn't a years grace already been granted thus leading into a 2nd year ?

Doubt it'll ever go down to 10 when the likes of Coldstream, Duns, Burntisland, Strollers and others ? all very close to license status.

Archived