League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

They already play in the Caledonian Amateur League and have a stadium in Cumbernauld. The only team who can feel aggrieved, in my opinion, is Civil Service Strollers. Edusport Academy playing in Annan and Glasgow University playing in Airdrie are much worse options than Cumbernauld Colts playing at Broadwood.

would be interesting to know why civil service were denied ?

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SJFA would (rightly) never agree to that, so there's the conundrum.

I suspect you are right (although disagree on SJFA being totally right to have that stance) which is why I said the chance of having a pyramid that includes the entire non league set up has been lost.

They already play in the Caledonian Amateur League and have a stadium in Cumbernauld. The only team who can feel aggrieved, in my opinion, is Civil Service Strollers. Edusport Academy playing in Annan and Glasgow University playing in Airdrie are much worse options than Cumbernauld Colts playing at Broadwood.

would be interesting to know why civil service were denied ?

Prob something trivial like a door not opening the right way.

There are some strict requirements I'm led to believe.

I couldn't give a shit about Clyde.

Why post on here about them then. You clearly do

The thread is about Lowland League vacancies and my posts have been to explain my scepticism of the format, which I believe has been undermined by including, essentially, a newly formed club at that level over long established clubs from other divisions. I also tried to illustrate that I don't believe Cumbernauld can support a professional side. The locals would be better getting behind United and increasing their chances of success.

Do you understand now or should I go and get a pad and some crayons?

The biggest hurdle to convincing any Junior club to join the Lowland League is that it is not perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a step-up. Also, the loss of historic rivals from the fixture list is not much to celebrate. Lok have endured a season of new opponents which has been a novelty but it would have worn off big-time if we'd not gone back up. Petershill, Arthurlie etc are who we relish playing, and the 'new' leagues mean Meadow and Talbot, before just cup opponents, are also games to cherish though a few people have lamented the loss of other more long-term rivals such as Cambuslang. I don't mind watching Pollok playing Stenny, Alloa, Albion Rovers in friendlies but the fixture means as much to us as it does to them. Football is about rivalry as much as anything.

I think something smells really fishy here.

Four clubs (BSC,Stirling, VoL and Cumbernauld) all without licenses but still continue.

It would be good for the LL board to explain what the rationale for this is and what system was used to reach the decision.

If I was with a club that had spent the time and money as some clubs have and get a knock back I would be asking the SFA some questions.

Who does actually make the decisions? Who are the board?

Come on LL its time to come clean and give the reasons for the decisions.

Unless I mis-read it, ALL clubs will have their licence confirmed at the next meeting in July. But I believe this is very close to the start of the season, so what happens if say one team can't meet the requirements, if they throw them out of the LL, be too late to go elsewhere surely.

Of the teams that applied can understand accepting Cumbernauld but mystified why Civil were not.

Think it strange to run a 15 team league just who is the 'last' place being kept for?

Why does the league have to be so 'cloak and dagger' why not keep the supporters aware of who needs to do what to achieve their licence, let us know whats going on, without our support there wouldn't be a league for long!

Do you really now, and what makes you think that teams already know that their licence has been granted but are not allowed to say until it's been announced by the powers that be

Why were cumbernauld allowed to make an announcement?

Yes I know. Because the license committee issue licenses. They met last month and didn't issue one they don't meet again until July.

Whilst it's a formality they will be issued one as it currently stands they don't have one.

It's a very black and white situation. The committee must meet before the license can be issued.

So as I said in my initial comment they don't have a license.

Archived