League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Leagues 1 and 2 should be condensed into a single division of 20 or 18 (with 12 in the championship). This would allow the expanded playoff format suggested and save us the mind-numbing dullness of playing teams 4x a season.

Personally i'd agree but it gets argued about so much with three or four different models drafted up by fans with bigger leagues or regionalised leagues starting quite far up the pyramid etc... but the fuds in charge acknowledge nothing the fans want as when Rangers come back up they won't the get there 3+ OF matches.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leagues 1 and 2 should be condensed into a single division of 20 or 18 (with 12 in the championship). This would allow the expanded playoff format suggested and save us the mind-numbing dullness of playing teams 4x a season.

Makes sense to me, but are the powers that be blessed with that ability?

Grimbo

Makes sense to me, but are the powers that be blessed with that ability?

Grimbo

Cockwomble can't even organise the final day fixtures he has no chance with complete change...

I'm watching the play-offs closely, I have heard the idea mentioned on radio and I'm a believer in this scenario happening.

If Rangers don't win the play-offs, the Scottish Premiership will be expanded for next season.

I'm watching the play-offs closely, I have heard the idea mentioned on radio and I'm a believer in this scenario happening.

If Rangers don't win the play-offs, the Scottish Premiership will be expanded for next season.

No it won't. . .

Mulraney, who is a member of the SPFL board has said they have been looking at reconstructing but it won't be this season as they don't want people to think they're doing it for rangers...

who are the 9 applicants?

any date set for deciding the line-up for the league next season?

what about the 'unlicensed' teams will they be expelled before the applicants

are considered ?

who are the 9 applicants?

any date set for deciding the line-up for the league next season?

what about the 'unlicensed' teams will they be expelled before the applicants

are considered ?

LongTimeLurker will have been including the unlicensed teams in the number of applicants. Unlicensed teams are: Vale of Leithen, Stirling University, BSC Glasgow and Edinburgh University.

Rumoured applicants are:

Cumbernauld Colts (Caledonian Amateur League and tenants of Broadwood) http://www.cumbernauld-colts.com/

AM Soccer (Fife Amateur League) http://www.amsoccerclub.org/soccer-schools.php

Civil Service Strollers (East of Scotland League)

Coldstream (East of Scotland League)

Edusport Academy (South of Scotland League)

St. Cuthbert Wanderers (South of Scotland League)

I would guess at Cumbernauld Colts being the front runners. Clyde are looking to leave Cumbernauld and Cumbernauld Colts play at Broadwood so it would seem like a sensible choice.

Hopefully we'll hear something today about licensing decisions. Things should start to get more interesting in terms of promotion/relegation once the Lowland League is up to 16 teams and teams in the East/South leagues start to get licensed.

LongTimeLurker will have been including the unlicensed teams in the number of applicants. Unlicensed teams are: Vale of Leithen, Stirling University, BSC Glasgow and Edinburgh University.

Rumoured applicants are:

Cumbernauld Colts (Caledonian Amateur League and tenants of Broadwood) http://www.cumbernauld-colts.com/

AM Soccer (Fife Amateur League) http://www.amsoccerclub.org/soccer-schools.php

Civil Service Strollers (East of Scotland League)

Coldstream (East of Scotland League)

Edusport Academy (South of Scotland League)

St. Cuthbert Wanderers (South of Scotland League)

I would guess at Cumbernauld Colts being the front runners. Clyde are looking to leave Cumbernauld and Cumbernauld Colts play at Broadwood so it would seem like a sensible choice.

Hopefully we'll hear something today about licensing decisions. Things should start to get more interesting in terms of promotion/relegation once the Lowland League is up to 16 teams and teams in the East/South leagues start to get licensed.

No hints or runours down here to suggest St Cuthberts have even applied

No hints or runours down here to suggest St Cuthberts have even applied

I'm just going by what has been posted on here. I think that the rumour comes from St. Cuthberts trying to become licensed which doesn't necessarily mean that they would also apply to the Lowland League.

There's more lowland teams in the spfl than highland so eventually there probably will be about 18 in the lowlamd league

I have re-read the original invitation and there is nothing which specifies a 16 league at this stage only that the league will expand and final numbers will be dictated to by the relegation/promotion process. Where did 16 come from?

I have re-read the original invitation and there is nothing which specifies a 16 league at this stage only that the league will expand and final numbers will be dictated to by the relegation/promotion process. Where did 16 come from?

I'm not sure where the original figure of 16 comes from but it's certainly been reported in the papers that they are aiming for a maximum of 16 e.g. http://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/football/articles/2014/03/06/490511-one-up--one-down-for-lowland-league/

Archived