League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

...and on and on with the brain dead kneejerk tribalism, because I have been pigeonholed as a junior dude in all of this.

Ha ha ha You are so predictable.

You must have missed all the rubbish that was being spouted by the junior fans earlier in the thread. Not once did you accuse them of tribalism. Why??

Is it because you liked what was being written?

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the game at civil service today and it looks like they have a lot to do in the next 4 weeks if they have applied for the lowland league.

The team competed very well against Whitehill and a crowd of about 100 seemed split 50/50 between home and away fans.

Player access needs completely fenced in. 3 sides of the boundary fence are see through. Foundations in for the enclosure but no hardstanding areas. No signage up. Portacabins for toilets and refreshments not yet fitted out.

I admire what they are trying to do and really shows that any club with a willing committee could get a licence but would be surprised if they could get it all done in time.

I went to the game at civil service today and it looks like they have a lot to do in the next 4 weeks if they have applied for the lowland league.

The team competed very well against Whitehill and a crowd of about 100 seemed split 50/50 between home and away fans.

Player access needs completely fenced in. 3 sides of the boundary fence are see through. Foundations in for the enclosure but no hardstanding areas. No signage up. Portacabins for toilets and refreshments not yet fitted out.

I admire what they are trying to do and really shows that any club with a willing committee could get a licence but would be surprised if they could get it all done in time.

I'd imagine if they are able to prove funding etc in in place and any building work will be complete over the summer then they could still be entered proving other aspects of licensing are covered. Obviously it's not ideal and that would likely hamper their application but it's not an absolute requirement to be licensed after the next review, just that you are sufficiently close.

You have some valid points but that ground has improved 100% since I was last there.

Don't think it take much for a covered enclosure given everything in place bar the cover itself.

I actually wondered what it all was upside doon ready to put up. dohhhh :D

The 3 sides you talk about I'm sure can be sponsored by the one side which was a large house building operation if I recall. Nae prob there.

Player access could be an issue similar to Stirling Uni Gannochy but no as far I'm sure could be sorted. Seems a derelict bowling green in between.

Didn't see much of the portacabins but heard the music blaring.

Don't think programmes are compulsory but may help a neutral or two ?

In the short space of time required I'd say toilets,refreshments and signage are not far away ?

From the mooth of Tam Broon himself, work on the hard standing/covered area opposite the dugouts starts on Monday......

Aye what Mantis said, if it hadn't been for the recent bad weather things would have been much further along.

Like Newky said too if you think back a few seasons ago when it was virtually a roped off pitch to what it is now, they've done amazing work off the pitch & from what I saw of the play on the park that's upped quite some standard too.

Good luck to the CSS with their application.

Grimbo

So we can be sure of the following being applicants?

AMsoccer

Civil Service Strollers

Cumbernauld Colts

Edusport

but there may be a fifth one that's still a bit of a mystery. Have been told offline that it's unlikely to be Coldstream, Burntisland Shipyard posters have made it clear it's not them, Duns have been ruled out by another poster on here based on relatively recent conversations with people involved, there is skepticism over it being St Cuthberts Wanderers from people that follow the SoS League but they seem to be almost there on licensing, and Glasgow Uni have been suggested as a possibility, which seems a bit far fetched to me barring a groundshare or a major upgrade at Garscube sports complex.

Allow me to be the first to dive in here - er, travelling to their home games may be an issue with the other league members?

Their opposition in the Caledonian League right now don't appear to have too many problems. Rothesay is really very easy to get to and many people commute from the island to their work on the mainland every day.

Imagine the impact having a senior club would have on a town like Rothesay and indeed the whole island, compared to something like Edusport which has no community.

The LL is supposed to be the feeder for all clubs south of the Tay. Clubs from Oban and Campbelltown could technically apply as well and would be more difficult to get to than Rothesay for former EoS and SoS clubs. Been a while since I was last in Rothesay, but I don't remember the ferry from Wemyss Bay taking that long and I think it runs reasonably regularly. Having said that though although this is something that could conceivably happen, it probably isn't on the immediate horizon?

The LL is supposed to be the feeder for all clubs south of the Tay. Clubs from Oban and Campbelltown could technically apply as well and would be more difficult to get to than Rothesay for former EoS and SoS clubs. Been a while since I was last in Rothesay, but I don't remember the ferry from Wemyss Bay taking that long and I think it runs reasonably regularly. Having said that though although this is something that could conceivably happen, it probably isn't on the immediate horizon?

Certainly not on the immediate horizon as far as I know but its something to be considered going forward. I do believe they are better placed than many clubs to make an application in the coming seasons and it would be a massive boost to the town and the island. Its clubs like them with proper communities that should be encouraged to enter the set up and help spread senior football out.

Have Rothesay Brandane applied? It's actually not as far fetched as it might appear at first glance given they have a ground that's reasonably enclosed with covered seats:

1280px-The_Stadium_Rothesay.jpg

They had in fact considered in the past joining the Juniors, but got a frosty reception so that was that. Dunoon Athletic's passing was met with few tears due to the cost factor, despite like Brandane having an excellent ground.

It's not that expensive getting over to Rothesay nowadays, although Caledonian MacBrayne's prices as ever take the piss. The worry is that if the weather turns unexpectedly nasty a club could end up stuck over there overnight if they decide to pull the plug on the ferry or if there's engine trouble.

On the positive side, those in Rothesay are likely to get behind the club in force if they take a step up - they'd love something to bring much needed revenue onto the island outside the tourist season, and the idea of encouraging a few hundred fans every second week to "make a weekend of it" over on Bute needs little selling to them.

They had in fact considered in the past joining the Juniors, but got a frosty reception so that was that. Dunoon Athletic's passing was met with few tears due to the cost factor, despite like Brandane having an excellent ground.

It's not that expensive getting over to Rothesay nowadays, although Caledonian MacBrayne's prices as ever take the piss. The worry is that if the weather turns unexpectedly nasty a club could end up stuck over there overnight if they decide to pull the plug on the ferry or if there's engine trouble.

On the positive side, those in Rothesay are likely to get behind the club in force if they take a step up - they'd love something to bring much needed revenue onto the island outside the tourist season, and the idea of encouraging a few hundred fans every second week to "make a weekend of it" over on Bute needs little selling to them.

I would be more sold on the idea if they had a 4G surface. Imagine making plans to make a weekend of it and the game was called off due to the weather.

It wouldn't be the first time that has happened to me for an away fixture.

Archived