League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like St Cuthberts Wanderers are very close on licensing:

http://www.thescottishfootballpartnership.com/sfp-facilities-award-for-st-cuthbert-wanderers-f-c/

...As things stand we are really very close to meeting all the necessary criteria and when we cast our minds back a little over a year, it is astonishing the huge leap forward that St Cuthbert Wanderers have made. The funding and assistance given to the club by The Scottish Football Partnership has been pivotal to that leap forward. Quite simply, without their help a Scottish F.A. Club Licence would be little more than a pipe dream. I think that sums up perfectly the extent of the work that The Scottish Football Partnership has done and continues to do for clubs at all levels of our game...

Perhaps worth noting that the assistance mentioned was only available to the SFA's full member clubs. Does anyone know of other EoS and SoS clubs (plus Girvan and Glasgow Uni) that are on the verge of being able to get an entry level licence in May given that's the deadline required for 2015/16 LL entry?

Under the LL you have the EAST of Scotland League and the SOUTH of Scotland League.

There's one missing Simpleton.

The LL really seems to be upsetting you.

If it concerns your club that much why haven't they applied ?

I would've thought your teams current league position would be more worrying than the LL :o

The LL really seems to be upsetting you. If it concerns your club that much why haven't they applied ? I would've thought your teams current league position would be more worrying than the LL :o

I think Clydebank have been pretty open about their desire to progress to the SPFL. They are not ready to apply to the LL now as they do not have the facilities at the moment. They may be ready in a couple of years and by that time they may have to progress through the South of Scotland league. In their eyes, another and a less desirable obstacle to overcome even than the Lowland League to their ultimate dream of SPFL football. Hence the hostility towards other clubs taking the remaining places in the LL.

I think Clydebank have been pretty open about their desire to progress to the SPFL. They are not ready to apply to the LL now as they do not have the facilities at the moment. They may be ready in a couple of years and by that time they may have to progress through the South of Scotland league. In their eyes, another and a less desirable obstacle to overcome even than the Lowland League to their ultimate dream of SPFL football. Hence the hostility towards other clubs taking the remaining places in the LL.

I see but surely with the abuse the sosfl and eosfl has taken on this thread alone that be a matter of time (one season) for them just to worry aboot.

These Leagues may look easy enough just now but I'm sure the clubs aint spending money on licensing criteria just for the fun of it. Long term they're bound to get stronger in my opinion.

Looks like St Cuthberts Wanderers are very close on licensing:

http://www.thescottishfootballpartnership.com/sfp-facilities-award-for-st-cuthbert-wanderers-f-c/

...As things stand we are really very close to meeting all the necessary criteria and when we cast our minds back a little over a year, it is astonishing the huge leap forward that St Cuthbert Wanderers have made. The funding and assistance given to the club by The Scottish Football Partnership has been pivotal to that leap forward. Quite simply, without their help a Scottish F.A. Club Licence would be little more than a pipe dream. I think that sums up perfectly the extent of the work that The Scottish Football Partnership has done and continues to do for clubs at all levels of our game...

Perhaps worth noting that the assistance mentioned was only available to the SFA's full member clubs. Does anyone know of other EoS and SoS clubs (plus Girvan and Glasgow Uni) that are on the verge of being able to get an entry level licence in May given that's the deadline required for 2015/16 LL entry?

There are a few articles on the SFP website about assistance being given to juniors clubs who (presumably) aren't full SFA member clubs? Hill of Beath, Pollock and Auchinleck are mentioned around about July/August 2013.

On the same page that you've posted the link to, Coldstream received a facilities award:

Gerald Tait from Coldstream Football Club said;

“The club is working towards attaining a Scottish F.A. National Club Licence at Entry Level and hopefully we will be able to achieve this early in the New Year.”

Also, from the Pyramid Working Group documents (attached, below) of March 13th, 2013:

Teams playing in the LL for Season 2014/15 but not licensed by April 2015 will be automatically relegated (unless the LL Executive Committee consider them sufficiently close to licence status)

And:

The LL would request a one-off Licence Board meeting in April 2015 to meet ensure the league was aware of the status of the clubs well in advance of the start of Season 2015/16.

Which would be Edinburgh Univerisity, Vale of Leithen, Stirling University and BSC Glasgow being relegated to somewhere (?) as it stands.

With AMsoccer, Edusport Academy, Cumbernauld Colts, St.Cuthbert's Wanderers and Coldstream coming in to the LL for next season, possibly?

Words.pdf

I wonder if Belle and Sebastian are Clydebank supporters? They wanted the world to stop as well.

The clue is in the title Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League. The Universities have a business model which works as do the Academies. The rest of us depend on paying punters through the turnstiles. We need more league games, hence an extended league but I'm afraid that including more teams without a travelling support will be terminal.

Just a point made earlier, AM Soccer and Cumbernauld Colts do have adult teams.

AM Soccer are in the middle division in the lesser of the two Fife amateur set-ups.

http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/fifeamateurfootballassociation/Divisions?div=11143&age=all

Cumbernauld Colts are in the Caledonian League's lower division.

http://www.caledonianafa.org.uk/website/index.php/league-tables/first-division

The clue is in the title Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League. The Universities have a business model which works as do the Academies. The rest of us depend on paying punters through the turnstiles. We need more league games, hence an extended league but I'm afraid that including more teams without a travelling support will be terminal.

Personally think the LL are very lucky to have clubs like EKFC, BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts and AMsoccer emerge. Without them the LL would be in a very precarious situation from a viability and credibility standpoint at the moment. To have the better supported junior clubs interested there would need to be a radical change to how the SPFL is structured with regionalisation brought in for tiers three and four if enforced progression is going to be how things operate. Unless or until that gets sorted out at the SPFL level, the Elgin on a rainy Tuesday night in February argument will win the day in junior circles, and it's only these new community youth orientated clubs that are going to want to give it a go from outside the traditional nonleague seniors.

That was attended solely by SJFA committee bods, I was a club rep at the time and there were never open invites to clubs to attend anything re the Pyramid.

sorry thats just plain wrong. open invitation to all clubs junior and senior.

But the issue I'm highlighting is that IF Pollok got in then found it not a good move, to go back to the SJFA would mean starting in its 4th tier. In moving 'up', they would end up dropping down 4 divisions coming 'down'.

THAT will dissuade any club currently in the upper levels from applying until the day it is specified in clear black and white that they'd go down into the Junior top flight.

The Pyramid Working Group seemed to address that issue in the passage below, where the East and West Super Leagues would simply feed into the LL if promotion was for licenced clubs only. So they would simply drop out of the LL back into their respective Super League if relegated.

It's also interesting (to me, at least) that the Working Group noted the SJFA's interest in signing up to the pyramid structure was from this current season at the earliest (so it's still very early days yet), and that the SJFA have actually tried to implement the superdooper East-West league proposed by the Working Group in this document:

'The SJFA have expressed an interest to join the pyramid structure from Season 2014/15 at the earliest.'

'It is proposed that the East and West Super Leagues feed into the LL (or a combined “Super” Super League combining East and West) and the North Super League feeds into the SHFL.'

'The SJFA would only join the structure if promotion was not mandatory and if the rules and constitution of the SJFA were left unchanged.

This needs further discussion, it had been proposed:

o that promotion would be mandatory for licensed clubs,

o rules and constitution would be harmonised across the feeder leagues, incorporating the best of each'

The SJFA have also mentioned in a document circulated to their clubs that the superduperleague would potentially enter a pyramid on par with the LL, if junior clubs decided to move in that direction in future. You can find it on old threads on the subject on the junior subforum. The mandatory promotion thing didn't get addressed by the SFA and the top east and west juniors (especially in Ayrshire) are not keen on the extra travel involved with the superduper by all accounts, so it's pretty much a dead issue at the moment. That's why I'm not sure why people feel a need to drone on about it in this particular thread where the focus is on the clubs that actually have applied to join the LL for 2015/16.

Archived