League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

National irrelevance?? These type of applicants will not enhance the league IMO. At the very least they should be able to present a plan detailing when they will have their own ground and be able to satisfy the entire entry criteria.

Check oot the history of EK and their current position if they no gonnae enhance league. ;)

Do you think Clyde sharing with Shettleston (a very strong rumour) enhances the spfl ?

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 teams applied iv been told , edusport and others who will ground share with alloa and airdrie!

Would Edusport be groundsharing with Hamilton Accies? Don't think the pitch they use right now in Hamilton would be viable for licensing. Assuming this isn't all a wind up, the Airdrie one could be Gartcairn Academy I suspose, if it isn't Edusport, but suspect it's the latter if Duns, Coldstream and Burntisland Shipyard have put in applications as expected. The Alloa one would maybe be AM Soccer, even though it's a bit of a trek from NE Fife?

Clubs ground sharing with existing small clubs in front of 20 people is the true meaning of irrelevant!

Reading into this I assume Clydebank have chosen not to apply? If you prefer to play Junior then fair enough; however I'd say that has a bigger impact on your relevance than it does on the Lowland League...

EK aren't ground sharing with an existing SPFL club though and the town had no club except for EK Thistle who have imploded.

But you'll agree EK at the time raised question marks about entry into the LL and are now going from strength to strength ?

No keen on groundshares myself but if it's only temporary and plans in place for a teams own stadium then I could go along wi that.

At present I would reckon groundsharing is probably more expensive than having own ground.

Are any of these clubs in a position to be accepted as they will need a license in place? As far as I know the only club with a license outside the SPFL, Lowland and Highland leagues is Linlithgow Rose.

We should stick to the position about only licensed clubs from next season.

Would Edusport be groundsharing with Hamilton Accies? Don't think the pitch they use right now in Hamilton would be viable for licensing. Assuming this isn't all a wind up, the Airdrie one could be Gartcairn Academy I suspose, if it isn't Edusport, but suspect it's the latter if Duns, Coldstream and Burntisland Shipyard have put in applications as expected. The Alloa one would maybe be AM Soccer, even though it's a bit of a trek from NE Fife?

Suppose Burntisland may tolerate 6 months to a season playing out of Alloa if that's what it took to bring the ground to standard.

5 teams applied iv been told , edusport and others who will ground share with alloa and airdrie!

What will Edusport bring to the league apart another load of footballers on scholarships?

They may be a good team on the park and be able to obtain the resources off the park to allow them to compete. But what community involvement will they have? Will they have any sort of fan base at all?

Are any of these clubs in a position to be accepted as they will need a license in place? As far as I know the only club with a license outside the SPFL, Lowland and Highland leagues is Linlithgow Rose.

They would need to be licensed, as will existing LL members, and I think the next series of inspections for that is in May.

I think this would be a good season to apply. It seems to me consistent with what the SFA have been trying to do that once the Lowland League reaches critical mass they will then force the Juniors to participate in the pyramid. So a good opportunity for some clubs to get in at a higher level than they would if they waited until the pyramid is forced through.

Banks of Dee also have a license.

In the Sun today that Cumbernauld Colts have applied to join the Lowland League.

No huge surprise if you lot are leaving Broadwood and presumably they wouldn't be having to groundshare. If AM soccer and Edusport are both applicants then one out of Duns, Coldstream and Burntisland Shipyard have decided not to apply if the earlier figure of 5 applicants is accurate.

On a slightly different note how many LL fans would make the trek supporting their team up to Elgin tonight for a mid table spfl league fixture like Berwick are doing for the 2nd time this season ?

Would a promoted LL club be able to sustain finance paying players from work,bus travel etc. on a regular basis ?

This imo is just madness ?

On a slightly different note how many LL fans would make the trek supporting their team up to Elgin tonight for a mid table spfl league fixture like Berwick are doing for the 2nd time this season ? Would a promoted LL club be able to sustain finance paying players from work,bus travel etc. on a regular basis ? This imo is just madness ?

How come we never hear the Berwick, Annan or any other of the SPFL 2 fans complaining about the journey? I agree I wouldn't like it.

Archived