League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Burntisland Shipyard are weighing up the idea of applying again, but still feel aggrieved that the club went about there business in having the ground to the required standard to apply 1st time around with the erecting of a sheltered terrace area, but were overlooked by Bsc who at the time didn't have a 1st team in place, or a ground to call there own.

Worth remembering too that there were potentially 4 places up for grabs so afraid Burntisland must have fallen short regardless of BSC. Hopefully they can tick enough boxes in the future.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have thought that any applicants this year would already have their license in place already. That will limit the number of applicants this year.

It got me thinking, there is nothing to stop an EoS or SoS side getting their license and not applying for the Lowland League. The license will get them entry to the Scottish Cup without the added expense of playing in the Lowland League. However the club would have to accept promotion if they won their league.

I would have thought that any applicants this year would already have their license in place already. That will limit the number of applicants this year.

It got me thinking, there is nothing to stop an EoS or SoS side getting their license and not applying for the Lowland League. The license will get them entry to the Scottish Cup without the added expense of playing in the Lowland League. However the club would have to accept promotion if they won their league.

The SFA now require clubs to sign a commitment to join in with the pyramid as a condition of the license. You can't back out of applying without the danger of the licence being revoked. Linlithgow are the exception - their license was granted beforehand

Already in place, or in place by the summer, according to: http://slfl.co.uk/league-looks-to-expand-for-next-season/

Applicant clubs must have a club licence from the SFA or have fully-funded plans to obtain such a licence by the end of May 2015.

According to grid here (12/01/2015): http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

only Linlithgow Rose are already licensed but outwith LL.

The SFA now require clubs to sign a commitment to join in with the pyramid as a condition of the license. You can't back out of applying without the danger of the licence being revoked. Linlithgow are the exception - their license was granted beforehand

Suspect Cicero means that, with EOS & SOS leagues having joined the pyramid, licensed clubs in them could 'work their way up' naturally?

Burntisland Shipyard are weighing up the idea of applying again, but still feel aggrieved that the club went about there business in having the ground to the required standard to apply 1st time around with the erecting of a sheltered terrace area, but were overlooked by Bsc who at the time didn't have a 1st team in place, or a ground to call there own.

Probably for the best, rather than attempting to walk and chew gum at the same time. The club is already barely recognisable from the hapless amateurs of all too many embarrassing Scottish Cup results of years ago, but too much too soon could have been their undoing. I hope they do get into the LL sometime in the future, and the price of one or two year's wait isn't that much in the grand scheme.

If memory serves me correctly Linlithgow have theirs for a year then they have to show a commitment to join the pyramid system.

If memory serves me correctly Linlithgow have theirs for a year then they have to show a commitment to join the pyramid system.

I'm not sure that any time limit is in place for them as yet. But the wiser seem to know it won't be open ended

I'm not sure that any time limit is in place for them as yet. But the wiser seem to know it won't be open ended

A license is not a permanent award, it is reviewed every season, therefore at any point any waiver that's probably in place with linlithgows license re the pyramid commitment could be withdrawn.

Personally I would like to see Burntisland in, nice wee away trip. An Ahno Heed was saying he disnae think the player pool is big enough down there but I 'd like a Coldstream or Duns in too.

Grimbo

Any timescale for getting the license in place.

Nothing set in stone as yet, but (and this is strictly my own opinion) I'd like to think we could get all improvements done in this calendar year. But there's no need to rush things through

Can someone tell me where this second stadium is in Stirling? I've been here a few years and unless you're counting the pitches up at the Uni, I don't remember seeing another! You can play football up at the Uni for sure, but definitely not at even LL standard in its current state.

As for supporters, I really don't think many students show up unless they're friends with the players. I do think there is a group that would go to games but in my entire time as a student I never once saw any real attempt to get fans to attend games, other than the odd flyer. The obvious exception of course being the Scottish Cup tie with Bonnyrigg where there was a decent crowd turned up.

Can someone tell me where this second stadium is in Stirling? I've been here a few years and unless you're counting the pitches up at the Uni, I don't remember seeing another! You can play football up at the Uni for sure, but definitely not at even LL standard in its current state.

Stirling County's ground

I wouldn't have even considered that tbh. It's got great views but Forthbank is a far better option.

Forthbank is the better option but is obviously far to big for the uni.

Reckon the Uni should move to County's ground, it's smaller and closer to the university.

Archived