League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there not talk of Haddington applying for a licence.

That's East Lothian rather Fife, and I think it was more of a longterm aspiration. Could it be Burntisland Shipyard on the Fife one? Beyond them you need to consider where there might be a suitable venue. Warout Stadium in Glenrothes maybe?

there is only 4 months to get a licence so would think rosyth unlikely. Duffus park in cupar has good facilities? cupar hearts would be a good addition? Austin McCann soccer academy less so...

Burntisland shipyard will likely apply again too and have plans in place for completing their pavilion

I think what Duns and Coldstream have achieved ground wise at least is inspiring. Teams like BSC and Stirling have taken the shortcut and moved into someone else's ground whilst doing none of the hard graft themselves.

It may have been a shortcut for BSC, but as far as I am aware it was based on the fact that they are trying to build their own ground, and have an application in to do so. Unfortunately Councils have their own timescales and ways of doing things!

I think what Duns and Coldstream have achieved ground wise at least is inspiring. Teams like BSC and Stirling have taken the shortcut and moved into someone else's ground whilst doing none of the hard graft themselves.

The work and effort, both manually and financially from Coldstream and Duns is a credit to both clubs, but players of LL calibre are thin on the ground down here. Personally, I think it would be a disaster for them on the playing front

On the other hand Stirling will have to pay their rentals for Forthbank every season, whereas once Coldstream and Duns have built their facilities basically that's it. But I appreciate your point. There is also a common sense argument - why build a second stadium in Stirling when one already exists.

So I said in response to your original post:

It isn't the same Ayr Parkhouse, btw, think they started four or five years ago

To which you replied:

The point I was trying to make was that your reference to "The other club at Dam Park, Ayr Parkhouse" is utter fantasy. The original Ayr Parkhouse FC disappeared MANY years ago & could never have played there.

Do try reading before replying, there's a good chap.

I'd only used Parkhouse (whom I believe were playing in one of the Sunday leagues last I heard, their logo was similar to that of Aberdeen's except with a cojoined P to the A) for illustration - the point was that any local amateur club with ambition to step up would be looking to go to the LL rather than the Juniors these days simply because they'd have a far better chance of flourishing, so far ahead are Meadow and Talbot to all surrounding existing Junior sides, let alone any new start.

On the other hand Stirling will have to pay their rentals for Forthbank every season, whereas once Coldstream and Duns have built their facilities basically that's it. But I appreciate your point. There is also a common sense argument - why build a second stadium in Stirling when one already exists.

In case there's any more lost Heinkels with a stuck bomb in the vicinity?

Was there not talk of Haddington applying for a licence.

Talk, but that was all.

Wasn't there something about there not being enough space at their ground for the necessary improvements, to say nothing of the "bad neighbour" objections they'd get if they thought of getting floodlights (the same thing that scuppered Gospie Sutherland's hopes of ever moving from the Cally league to the Highland)?

- why build a second stadium in Stirling when one already exists.

Because apparently you cannot use it more than once a week in winter and it the poor fixture secretary gets into bother for not accommodating this ^_^

Is there any information on changes in crowds since Stirling uni moved?

It's a few miles to forthbank and I would've thought more students would attend on campus

I doubt they'd be up in time for kick off anyway. Maybe the 2nd half if it was free and Coachtrip wasn't on.

Getting back to Rosyth, I think they are going to be using Pitreavie athletics stadium soon before moving to a new ground. Never been, so no idea, but might that be viable for licensing?

Possibly, it's been a while since I've been (well maybe 15 years) but with a as far as I remember with bit of work it could be ok.

Edit- I'm not sure who controls it, possibly the council but if the mastertons have any influence like they do at the playing fields then it's not a great thing to be getting involved with.

I'd only used Parkhouse (whom I believe were playing in one of the Sunday leagues last I heard, their logo was similar to that of Aberdeen's except with a cojoined P to the A) for illustration - the point was that any local amateur club with ambition to step up would be looking to go to the LL rather than the Juniors these days simply because they'd have a far better chance of flourishing, so far ahead are Meadow and Talbot to all surrounding existing Junior sides, let alone any new start.

Point taken, and I pretty much agree with it ..... but it's still the case that - historically or currently, amateur or Sunday League or whatever - there is no "other club at Dam Park" called "Ayr Parkhouse" or anything similar.

Seemples!

The work and effort, both manually and financially from Coldstream and Duns is a credit to both clubs, but players of LL calibre are thin on the ground down here. Personally, I think it would be a disaster for them on the playing front

Can't say I remember 1 player in a match day squad from Selkirk or surrounding area when I was there, possible route for players to explore if wanting to play lowland with the lure of Scottish Cup.

Burntisland Shipyard are weighing up the idea of applying again, but still feel aggrieved that the club went about there business in having the ground to the required standard to apply 1st time around with the erecting of a sheltered terrace area, but were overlooked by Bsc who at the time didn't have a 1st team in place, or a ground to call there own.

Burntisland Shipyard are weighing up the idea of applying again, but still feel aggrieved that the club went about there business in having the ground to the required standard to apply 1st time around with the erecting of a sheltered terrace area, but were overlooked by Bsc who at the time didn't have a 1st team in place, or a ground to call there own.

So basically they are in the huff????? I think that is what you call cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Archived