SNP immigration policy

Urban Gorilla

We need more immigration, not less. We certainly shouldn't be discriminating against potential migrants because they're not from an EU country.

Why should it be easier for a Greek worker to come and work here than a Nigerian worker? It shouldn't be but it is.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because culturally Greeks are more similar to us than Nigerians.

I realise you are trolling and or/ incredibly stupid but just for fun tell us all how English speaking Nigerians brought up in the Anglican church and through an English based education system and with a long history of migration to the UK with established communities are less similar to us or less able to integrate than Greeks.

An iScotland would have been in the EU?

Of course it will, what a ridiculous question.

I realise you are trolling and or/ incredibly stupid but just for fun tell us all how English speaking Nigerians brought up in the Anglican church and through an English based education system and with a long history of migration to the UK with established communities are less similar to us or less able to integrate than Greeks.

I am friendly with some Nigerians, they're cool.

Of course it will, what a ridiculous question.

Exactly. So the immigration policy in an iScotland would be similarly discriminatory against non EU migrants.

Of course not, language shouldn't come into it as everyone looking to move here should speak English.

I was being sarcastic towards your terrible point mate. Still trying to figure out what someone from Ayrshire has in common with someone from Athens but hey ho :lol:

Greeks are culturally nothing like us. Good try though. Nigerians speak English. Does that get some points or something ?

But them Nigerians gonna build mud huts and grow jungles everywhere. And eat our children.

Greeks will just build places like Embra...

Australia is pretty much the poster child for how a country can be held back due to racist immigration policies, which is why as a nation which has an entire continent to itself its contribution to the wider post-war world basically amounts to the "knifey-spoony" joke from the Simpsons.

Agree and they can't see the hypocrisy of their stance. That said, Melbourne is apparently very racially mixed and cosmopolitan. And successful.

Archived