SNP immigration policy

Urban Gorilla

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will have loads of examples of where this happens I take it?

Unless you have never got out of a small village or you never see whats happening right in front of your eyes. Why should I have to show this.

I have never said immigrants are all like this, and most are not. However there is a proportion and a reasonable amount who are here as benefit tourists, from within the EU.

Scotland is lucky at the moment with not so much, but get out of Tayside and go down the south of England and look and tell me different after living and working there.

FFS, just look at the French Channel Ports, with non EU's. Why are they not stopping in France, because we offer more and are a soft touch.

But what I will reiterate, we need immigration, but we need a model where we only accept those who can and will benefit us.

As far as I can see there two big ills in this country (UK as a whole). 1. Immigration is out of control and is damaging the country socially, culturally and economically. 2. Unpaid taxes by corporations and super rich are adding to the deficit created by a welfare bill that is still unsustainable long term.

I propose that the whole world opens its borders for one week. During that period people can move around and choose where they want to be resident rather than have it dictated by birth. After that it's back to normal. North Korea might be a spanner in the works mind. Looks shite anyway though.

As far as I can see there two big ills in this country (UK as a whole). 1. Immigration is out of control and is damaging the country socially, culturally and economically. 2. Unpaid taxes by corporations and super rich are adding to the deficit created by a welfare bill that is still unsustainable long term.

Really? Got any evidence for this?

I look forward to going back to the day when we have no social, cultural or economic influences from outwith Scotland/UK/ Europe (?) to 'damage' us. Whenever that was? Was gonna say, does that mean we have to go back to eating tatties all the time but they came from South America and obviously aren't 'pure' either. Shoight! What do we do? Can I still have my nachos and guaca tonight?

Really? Got any evidence for this?

I look forward to going back to the day when we have no social, cultural or economic influences from outwith Scotland/UK/ Europe (?) to 'damage' us. Whenever that was? Was gonna say, does that mean we have to go back to eating tatties all the time but they came from South America and obviously aren't 'pure' either. Shoight! What do we do? Can I still have my nachos and guaca tonight?

The best argument for immigration and integration.

Haggis burritos.

Haggis pakora

I also make a nice haggis lasagne with a whisky sauce.

It might be there is some economic benefit to EEA migration, although not via taxation when the majority coming are low skill low wage and if they bring dependents they get tax credits and child benefit, negating most of the benefit. This is aside from the extra pressure on services, schools, health and housing especially. And anyone who thinks there is no social issues should maybe head to where large migrant Roma populations now abide in places like Sheffield.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html

Above link is regards the non EEA flood under Labour. A £120 billion cost to the country. We've let in millions (illegals, asylum, bogus marriages, students, etc) that have added a great burden to the state, this is aside from the cultural chasm and crime rates. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/number-of-muslims-in-prison-doubles-in-decade-to-12000-9222237.html 12000 Muslims in the prison system, an incredibly high per capita offending rate. Which is mirrored across Europe,

The costs clearly outweigh the benefits if it is not controlled like it is in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

The costs clearly outweigh the benefits if it is not controlled like it is in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Australia's net migration for 13/14: 212,000 (gross: 508,000)

UK's net migration for 13/14: 260,000 (gross: 583,000)

The UK's population is more than 2.5x Australia's population. So despite "controlling" immigration, Australia has more immigrants per capita than the UK does.

"Controlled" immigration in the UK would see the number of immigrants rise (which is why Farage dropped the "cap" policy). And it wouldn't stop migrants entering "low skill; low pay" jobs either: there's research from, get this, Australia showing that they also have a problem with migrant workers (skilled migrant workers, no less) taking low paid, low skilled jobs because they can't find employment.

Here's something from Civitas about applying Australian policy to the UK:

The PBS ‘skilled occupations list’ includes not only surgeons and engineers (whom we already let in) but plumbers, electricians, builders. Many EU/EEA applicants would, then, still qualify.

It might be there is some economic benefit to EEA migration, although not via taxation when the majority coming are low skill low wage and if they bring dependents they get tax credits and child benefit, negating most of the benefit. This is aside from the extra pressure on services, schools, health and housing especially. And anyone who thinks there is no social issues should maybe head to where large migrant Roma populations now abide in places like Sheffield.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html

Above link is regards the non EEA flood under Labour. A £120 billion cost to the country. We've let in millions (illegals, asylum, bogus marriages, students, etc) that have added a great burden to the state, this is aside from the cultural chasm and crime rates. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/number-of-muslims-in-prison-doubles-in-decade-to-12000-9222237.html 12000 Muslims in the prison system, an incredibly high per capita offending rate. Which is mirrored across Europe,

Does this equate with your earlier claim?

1. Immigration is out of control and is damaging the country socially, culturally and economically.

Have you been to an airport in the past ten years? No controls? Really?

And how have these 'millions we've let in' added to the 'burden of the state'? Most come to work and do useful work that we need done - from picking our veg to brain surgery. Others set up business which provide employment and pay taxes.

And, how is your culture (?!) being damaged? Do you really feel under threat? What is 'your culture' btw? Indian/ Italian/ Chinese take away, Yank films, Japanese technology, Belgian beer, German car, Bangladeshi made clothes, Afro-American music...?

Multiculturalism and movement of peoples is natural and works, save for a minority of dinosaurs and bigots in each population who are scared or jealous of change. The fact you're writing in this alphabet, in this language, on an internet forum and using a computer of some sort proves that. Go figure.

Australia's net migration for 13/14: 212,000 (gross: 508,000)

UK's net migration for 13/14: 260,000 (gross: 583,000)

The UK's population is more than 2.5x Australia's population. So despite "controlling" immigration, Australia has more immigrants per capita than the UK does.

"Controlled" immigration in the UK would see the number of immigrants rise (which is why Farage dropped the "cap" policy). And it wouldn't stop migrants entering "low skill; low pay" jobs either: there's research from, get this, Australia showing that they also have a problem with migrant workers (skilled migrant workers, no less) taking low paid, low skilled jobs because they can't find employment.

Here's something from Civitas about applying Australian policy to the UK:

Why provide facts when you can just link to the Daily Telegraph?!

A friend who's currently in Melbourne with his partner for a couple of years loves the multi-culturalism there - there's a large community of Greek-Australians - his partner's wee boy learns some Greek in school - loads of Asians of different nationalities as well as loads of Scots. He says the atmosphere is great - the range of food on offer is staggering and folk seem really chilled. Having visited Vancouver, I'd say the same was true there.

It's only prcks like Frontrear, Farage and Griffin who poison things between people.

It's only prcks like Frontrear, Farage and Griffin who poison things between people.

Australia is pretty much the poster child for how a country can be held back due to racist immigration policies, which is why as a nation which has an entire continent to itself its contribution to the wider post-war world basically amounts to the "knifey-spoony" joke from the Simpsons.

Archived