Glenafton Athletic Managerial Vacancy

John stewart

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should that not read, after carefully poaching

No, as it says in the link Arthurlie gave them permission to speak to them. Having said that it was probably reluctantly. Or were they not bothered? So all the talk of poaching and tapping seems to have been misplaced. And let me be one of the first to mention Arthurlie who have lost what looks like a decent management team albeit I would say they were still in the honeymoon period of new management. A few Arthurlie fans didn't fancy them at the beginning so It would be interesting to hear their views on the departure. Also interesting to see if they go back for any of the Arthurlie players. It's dog eat dog in the league by the looks of it but if they do then it would really be kicking someone while their down.

No, as it says in the link Arthurlie gave them permission to speak to them. Having said that it was probably reluctantly. Or were they not bothered? So all the talk of poaching and tapping seems to have been misplaced. And let me be one of the first to mention Arthurlie who have lost what looks like a decent management team albeit I would say they were still in the honeymoon period of new management. A few Arthurlie fans didn't fancy them at the beginning so It would be interesting to hear their views on the departure. Also interesting to see if they go back for any of the Arthurlie players. It's dog eat dog in the league by the looks of it but if they do then it would really be kicking someone while their down.

I keep in touch with the going ons west through P&B. I'm amazed that McEwan a guy with no managerial experience, given the chance of management by one of the top 20 teams in the country walks out on them after a few months. It says a lot about his character(or lack of it) that Arthurlie's next game 4R Scottish tie v Rob Roy. RRG aptly summed it up in his post

Arthurlie perhaps should look on the bright side being rid of such an unreliable person. Most Arthurlie fans seem an affable lot always wishing players leaving good luck. Cannot see McEwan and his motley crew getting such treatment.

Time may tell that Glenafton will reap what they have sowed.

None of my business but would Arthurlie not be considering Tom Bryce, That would create an interesting situation :rolleyes:

Ok the one. Was jus testing the water with you. I won't mention your name on here but I know your a coach at partick thistle. Pm me with the money arrangements sir.

Afraid I'm not who you think I am my friend. But go ahead and mention my name if you want to. And by the looks of it If I was a coach at Partick Thistle I'm not very good at my job!!!!

I keep in touch with the going ons west through P&B. I'm amazed that McEwan a guy with no managerial experience, given the chance of management by one of the top 20 teams in the country walks out on them after a few months. It says a lot about his character(or lack of it) that Arthurlie's next game 4R Scottish tie v Rob Roy. RRG aptly summed it up in his post

Arthurlie perhaps should look on the bright side being rid of such an unreliable person. Most Arthurlie fans seem an affable lot always wishing players leaving good luck. Cannot see McEwan and his motley crew getting such treatment.

Time may tell that Glenafton will reap what they have sowed.

None of my business but would Arthurlie not be considering Tom Bryce, That would create an interesting situation :rolleyes:

I have to agree with a lot of your post. For him to get such a high profile job was an amazing opportunity. Especially when you look about at the quality of manager who were out of the game. And who is to say he is any good at management anyway. As I said previously you see a new manager come into a club and have instant improvements but when the dust settles you then find out if he is any good or not. If he would of stayed until the end of the season with Arthurlie safe in the league and then moved it would of looked a hell of a lot better for him. However given Glenafton's precarious position also this was probably not possible.

One thing I will say, and this is not in defence on this case but this management team have strong links with Glenafton and the pull was probably too much to resist. If there was no links then I would be one of the first to question the decision.

I have to agree with a lot of your post. For him to get such a high profile job was an amazing opportunity. Especially when you look about at the quality of manager who were out of the game. And who is to say he is any good at management anyway. As I said previously you see a new manager come into a club and have instant improvements but when the dust settles you then find out if he is any good or not. If he would of stayed until the end of the season with Arthurlie safe in the league and then moved it would of looked a hell of a lot better for him. However given Glenafton's precarious position also this was probably not possible.

One thing I will say, and this is not in defence on this case but this management team have strong links with Glenafton and the pull was probably too much to resist. If there was no links then I would be one of the first to question the decision.

Fair enough commentThe One about allegiences playing a big part in his return to Glenafton. That does not leave any room for,or is no excuse for walking out on people who placed their trust in him.

I had a PM short while ago and loyalty to Glens was infact overuled by £5000 bait offered by the Ayrshire club. True or not I cannot vouch for, but the sender assured me is the truth. So here we have another angle.

On another subject The One. I detest you and your like who become MA's in English and lambast posters for wrong spelling. We all have different levels of IQ. So long as what is posted is understood, bugger the spelling. At least those people have the guts to POST, should be encouraged and not ridiculed by a smart ass such as you were on this occasion. :shutup

Archived