Decent areas near Edinburgh

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh is right Stockbridge is nice if you have plenty cash and enjoy a dull life.

Leith is still changing a lot it's been happening for 20 years of course. Towards the bottom of the Walk It would be a good time to buy if you had the chance

Its changing all the way out to Granton, by the time we are all dead it will be a waterfront to rival other European capitals

I prowl around the area quite a lot but not familiar with the Marksman, have drunk in the central bar a few times though! Think theres a wetherspoons around there so that might have been it

The Spoonys is the Foot Of The Walk, about 100 yards from the Central Bar...opposite the supermarket which used to be a big Co-Op. Also good pubs down by the waterfront as well

Yeah I have a couple of mates that live by the harbour. North East Edinburgh is a great place to stay.

I would love to live at the big flats down at the ASDA, sadly i live a bit closer to town without such a view

I lived in Polwarth for 7 years before having a kid just over a year ago and moving to Alnwickhill.

Polwarth was brilliant, particularly as my flat was a couple of mins walk from the Poly, the golden rule, caley sample room and diggers. Chuck in Piatto Verde and only being 20 mins walk to Princes St and it was great.

Enjoy living get out here as well though. Having Braid Hills at the end of the street is brilliant.

Archived