Decent areas near Edinburgh

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its changing all the way out to Granton, by the time we are all dead it will be a waterfront to rival other European capitals

Granton-Sur-Mer. lovely ring to it

I just moved out of Granton MIll. hated it from the day i moved in. moved because i didn't want jnr getting involved with the little radges. the area is getting worse and nothing is being done to stop the neds as w're not allowed to be tough on them any more.

although the unbelievably high price £170,000 for a 3 bed where craigie high school used to be.....don't think so. the boy at teh show house thought this was a bargain. aye, mibbe in a better area.

Some of the properties in Harvestersway are pretty decent. They are all nearly new builds. Plus there is a stunning female that drives a silver Audi that lives there so that should swing it. ;)

Harvesters Way is supposed to be ok, wouldnt recommend it personally.

Pennywell Rd is in a triangle of those 3 areas I mentioned. Although the place youre looking at will probably be on the north side Id still recommend looking elsewhere.

Aye it's a difficult one. I'm moving to be closer to work (Edinburgh Waverley) and uni (Heriot Watt) but when we went for viewings in and around EH11 over the weekend everywhere in our price bracket of £120,000 was absolutely tiny, and if it wasn't it was a hell hole.

The reason I'm considering Harvester's Way so much is that from what I can see it doesn't look like it's part of the area that folk think is so horrible, kind of in it's own little bubble on the side but I guess I can't assess that without actually going and having a look myself.

The reason I'm considering Harvester's Way so much is that from what I can see it doesn't look like it's part of the area that folk think is so horrible, kind of in it's own little bubble on the side but I guess I can't assess that without actually going and having a look myself.

Decent value over Liberton direction too (eg https://www.espc.com/properties/details.aspx?pid=348267 )

Harvester's way is a good wee 'bubble'. Yes it neighbours Wester Hailes but you're also on the canal path and close to Juniper Green and Colinton village, plus it's really easy to get into and out of town.

The blackbull in Dalkeith is a decent local pub fillied with many wonderful characters.

Wasnt Dalkeith in the papers not too long ago as the 3rd most expensive place in Scotland to buy a house? If you are going to move to Midlothian I would say cheapest place to live would be Gorebridge or Mayfield

Wasnt Dalkeith in the papers not too long ago as the 3rd most expensive place in Scotland to buy a house? If you are going to move to Midlothian I would say cheapest place to live would be Gorebridge or Mayfield

Both shiteholes.

Easthouses is the place to be 8)

Decent value over Liberton direction too (eg https://www.espc.com/properties/details.aspx?pid=348267 )

Harvester's way is a good wee 'bubble'. Yes it neighbours Wester Hailes but you're also on the canal path and close to Juniper Green and Colinton village, plus it's really easy to get into and out of town.

Thats Gilmerton and there's been 3 or 4 incidents of shooting there in less than a year.

I bought near by that new estate (take it its the new ones near the health center) its fairly quiet here, bus from outside the door to town every 10 mins, centrally located for 3

tescos, 2 morrisons, 1 Asda and 1 sainsburys.

Fairly quiet Odeon cinema as well.

For its reputation as grim, I don't tend to see the worst parts of it

Edit; wtf was the white space about

Thats Gilmerton and there's been 3 or 4 incidents of shooting there in less than a year.

True, but these crimes are 'targeted'. Near Harvester's Way has had stabby murders, burny murders and all sorts - still handy for Heriot Watt.

Archived