Andy Townsend + Matt Smith

ajwffc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people get excited about this. I never know who is commentating. I switch over at kick off time and usually again at half time. All I listen for is that they identify the players, the rest is white noise.

For me, commentary is a big part of watching a football game on TV. It adds to the drama on many occasions.

Townsend has an annoying voice and is blatantly biased towards everything English. It makes for terrible commentary.

While i agree he is annoying i constantly hear complaints about pundits and the commentators but rarely hear replacement recommendations

Im going to be a hypocrite here but hey ho.

I fully agree that the slagging of commentators is far too easy, especially on this forum. But did you seriously say you liked Michael Owen on BT sport? Seriously?

Im going to be a hypocrite here but hey ho.

I fully agree that the slagging of commentators is far too easy, especially on this forum. But did you seriously say you liked Michael Owen on BT sport? Seriously?

I certainly did

Again recommend someone who you think is out there that can do it better

I certainly did

Again recommend someone who you think is out there that can do it better

I got slated because I don't really mind Lawrenson (puts on tin helmet).

I generally don't mind commentators. Townsend repeats the same phrases but we all do in our life, unless we're blessed with an impressive vocabulary, which it's clear he isn't. Yes he's biased towards England but I don't really mind that either, the majority of those viewing will be English. I wouldn't say he was a great commentator but I'm not at all fussed about him being punted.

Michael Owen though? Sheesh.

I got slated because I don't really mind Lawrenson (puts on tin helmet).

I generally don't mind commentators. Townsend repeats the same phrases but we all do in our life, unless we're blessed with an impressive vocabulary, which it's clear he isn't. Yes he's biased towards England but I don't really mind that either, the majority of those viewing will be English. I wouldn't say he was a great commentator but I'm not at all fussed about him being punted.

Michael Owen though? Sheesh.

:lol: Lawerenson was the worst

We obviously won't agree on this one. Its just hard to recruit pundits and co commentators that are decent at talking about the game and are also relevant as individuals ken?

:lol: Lawerenson was the worst

We obviously won't agree on this one. Its just hard to recruit pundits and co commentators that are decent at talking about the game and are also relevant as individuals ken?

Indeed.

One man's 'decent enough commentator ' is another man's 'face-melting mouth breather'.

Indeed.

One man's 'decent enough commentator ' is another man's 'face-melting mouth breather'.

:lol:

Takes quite a lot to bother me as a pundit though i don't always pay full attention to it so thats probably why Owen doesnt bother me.

Lawrenson greatly offended me over the years with is constant negativity, he is just a miserable arse hole who has no relevance what so ever and is well past his sell by date!

Gary Neville is great i agree but you can't just pluck pundits like him out of nowhere can you? I don't like Carragher or Redknap

:lol:

Takes quite a lot to bother me as a pundit though i don't always pay full attention to it so thats probably why Owen doesnt bother me.

Lawrenson greatly offended me over the years with is constant negativity, he is just a miserable arse hole who has no relevance what so ever and is well past his sell by date!

Gary Neville is great i agree but you can't just pluck pundits like him out of nowhere can you? I don't like Carragher or Redknap

You're right about Lawrenson being a miserable old c**t, but that's why I like him (same as willie miller). I used to hate watching games with my dad cos he'd be that miserable old c**t but over the years I've gradually realised that I agree with them.

The thing with Lawrenson is that, compared to the likes of Owen and Townsend, he actually has a brain. Shame he doesn't use it enough and resorts to cynicism and sarcasm. Whereas you have the likes of Owen and Townsend who just talk complete and utter pish and have no redeeming factors whatsoever.

Why should we name people who would be better? That’s not our job. If someone has a suggestion, then I’m sure it would add to the discussion, but otherwise not suggesting a replacement doesn’t mean can’t say those in the job are shit or makes their views any less relevant.

You often hear such dreadful comments when a manager is under pressure; “suggest someone better!” It’s said as if that one manager, and that one manager alone, is the best person for the job and that no one else can do any better, despite the fact that there are literally thousands of other managers. The same sort of brain dead logic is being applied here. I’m sure there are plenty of other commentators. Just listen to various local radio stations for one.

Archived