Kris Boyd

Was trying to find a killie transfer thread or something to put this in, but I couldn't. Thought I'd shove it in its own thread anyway.

Few news reports suggesting he will be back, one today from Scottish Daily mail saying he won't be (yet)..

What's folk (suppose mostly aimed at killie fans) reckoning on this? Can/will it happen?

the guy with the inside track on most things killie, the humper of squirrels reckons it's not going to happen. he's not often wrong, so i'd be surprised if he did sign again. happily surprised, but surprised.

in the last 4/5 months of the season, he would outscore all of the other "strikers" we have on our books....combined

He only signed a one-year contract at Rangers, did he not? So I wouldn't be too surprised if he signed for a Premiership club. Most likely Kilmarnock, as the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United surely wouldn't take a risk on him now that he's had a shocker of a half-season.

He only signed a one-year contract at Rangers, did he not? So I wouldn't be too surprised if he signed for a Premiership club. Most likely Kilmarnock, as the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United surely wouldn't take a risk on him now that he's had a shocker of a half-season.

I'd take him at United on a game-by-game payment basis with a goal scoring bonus.

I would most certainly take him at United. I can see the logic in having a hard working front man but there's also an argument for having a guy who will hang around the penalty spot to finish the chances created by the rest of the team. Too often at United the attacking players get so involved in shuttling the ball around and weaving pretty patterns that there's no one in the box to actually score.

Aye, because it would be so much worse than playing Luka Tankulic wouldn't it?

As for the veracity of it, I'm not so sure. He likes living and playing down this neck of the woods as he can still take his kids to and from school which wouldn't be possible if he signed for an east coast club.

Archived