Transfers best and worst over the years

bayernsaltcoats

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst player i have ever seen at junior level is bob hay at the winton, The guys shocking. Mick holden at ardeer has also been known to be a bombscare

I rate Mick Holden quite highly, and you must have seen plenty of worse players than those two at Saltcoats!

Defo an angry wee man. But a great wee player. One of those guys who u love if he's in your team but hate if your playing against him. Gives the same if your 5-0 up or 5-0 down in the last minute.

Frye has been excellent for Pollok a great signing. As you say 100% commitment and also demands the same from those around him.

While Winters has been getting all the plaudits for his goals IMO Frye and Gallagher have made the biggest difference. A strong defender and a quality midfielder which we have lacked for a while.

Hopefully we can hold on to them both for next season to help us build further if/when we get promoted.

For worst signings - over the last few years alone there is too many to mention them all - but the worst for me was probably Roddie Hunter. Came full of promise and failed to deliver.

Former manager told him he was no longer in his first 11 and not guaranteed a start.

That was after dropping him for a few games and not speaking to him.

Also he didn't help himself by going on holiday / stag weekend and missing vital game/s.

Good player and always gave glens 100%. Def an angry wee man

Done the off with us pretty quickly after not getting dropped. Decent wee player though , defo as you say an angry boy , wouldn't have last very long years ago but gets away with it nowadays.

awa you and get your green ginger, boab is not the worst player i have seen in a winton jersey by far. I could name a busload of players worse than boab[/quote

Get a grip of yrself shrek! He is rank rotten

shrek??? is that the best you can come up with?? you must have been watching fitba for 10 minutes with your crap players. Trust me at ma age I have seen mair crap players than big steish has had kebabs

For Kelty Hearts

Best signing - Andy Tod as a raw 16 year old, stuck out like a sore thumb and was sold to Dunfermline 4 years later and went on to have a decent pro career.

Worst signing - George O'Boyle - wee bit of hype when he signed but didn't play a game before leaving a few months after him signing.

Glad George O'Boyle beat me to that title!!! ???? I remember he was almost back fit but I injured him in a clash at training. Top bloke though, just a pity he never recovered from his injuries.

The worst player i have ever seen at junior level is bob hay at the winton, The guys shocking. Mick holden at ardeer has also been known to be a bombscare

Mick holdens been good for Ardeer, a take it the 2 games over whatever years you've seen him he had a bad game. Fek me

For me best signing would probably be Derek McCulloch (certainly the first two times if not the third), just edging it from Sniffer and Martin McGarvey. Just due to the difference in the team once he signed and the difference when he wasn't in the team as so influential. Can't believe he's not been picked up as a manager again.

Worst signing - a midfielder back at the turn of the century, Tommy or Thomas something from Brian Stevenston's time I think, can't even remember his name. Russell Doig was a letdown due to his build up but there were a couple of local lads playing for the amateurs who would have done better.

I remember thinking John Sheridan was a bad signing, but boy oh boy he proved me wrong big time and had me convinced in a couple of months I'd been completely wrong. He was a great signing and is a great guy to boot.

For me best signing would probably be Derek McCulloch (certainly the first two times if not the third), just edging it from Sniffer and Martin McGarvey. Just due to the difference in the team once he signed and the difference when he wasn't in the team as so influential. Can't believe he's not been picked up as a manager again.

Worst signing - a midfielder back at the turn of the century, Tommy or Thomas something from Brian Stevenston's time I think, can't even remember his name. Russell Doig was a letdown due to his build up but there were a couple of local lads playing for the amateurs who would have done better.

I remember thinking John Sheridan was a bad signing, but boy oh boy he proved me wrong big time and had me convinced in a couple of months I'd been completely wrong. He was a great signing and is a great guy to boot.

I wouldn't know the guy Tommy's second name as I stopped watching us under brian " brass" stevenston in his last 6 months in charge as he was a very ignorant individual for me as a manager.

Only time I've ever stopped watching beith juniors from childhood.

Archived