Screener Season 2015

Twinkle

With the awards ceremonies almost upon us, its that time of year that the films that are up for recognition, start appearing on torrent sites after being leaked. Today was the first day that a batch have came down from heaven. Included in this set were

American Sniper

The Birdman

The Imitation Game

Unbroken

The Hobbit - Battle Of The Five Armies

Into The Woods

No doubt more shall drop in the next few weeks but this collection will keep me going for a good few days

Ive been reliably informed by my mrs that i wont be watching any of these til the weekend as shes on nights for the next few days and we tend to watch films together.

:(

• 11 months later...

Cinema releases still require screeners.

Well not strictly true. Screeners tend to be DVD copies of the films that are sent out to producers or directors hoping to get extra funding or distribution for films. Or more often than not, copies of films that are sent out to Academy members looking to earn votes for nominations in the Academy Award listings.

Generally cinema releases won't always have a screener as they won't be a need for them.

Edited to Add: In the Heart of the Sea and Joy are both readily available now too.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived