Livi v cowdenbeath

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you (I) can Deek!! Don't you get the feeling we've been a bit spoiled by success - now it's not about results in a very challenging League but hey we demand flair and brilliance as well on a freezing cold January day away from home in a relegation dogfight as the snow falls. No-one enjoyed it - not true - don't want to buy the DVD but we got a valuable point, Kudus actually provided a bit of flair and entertainment, the one we hit the post with would have been a goal of the season, the own goal was worth a laugh and we had a good penalty save.

Sean Higgins was struggling with an injury this week but agreed to play when not fully fit to help the team - I think he has done an OK job this season when often isolated and is a good character in the team/dressing room. As I said the other day he has scored more League goals this season than either Greig Spence and Archie Campbell who some would have preferred us to sign. Re Kyle Miller well I don't think he has been at his best in the last few games but has already proven his worth this season.

We r most definitely punching above our weight CC

But it was so frustrating at times today.

Funny game today. Thought robbie had the ball for livi goal. Thought if mensing didnt score two cowden players were converging on the ball. Never saw a penalty yet.

If livi had taken their chances we would have been pumped. We had some good chances which might have meant the other way round. Thought hughes had scored when hit the post looked in all the way.

Never seen nat give the ball away so much. Not sure why brownlie hasnt been in team/played different formation from earlier.

TOB and Brownlie immense. Kudus got better as game went on.

Hughes had a few really good passes to set up attacks. Robbo was decent in moments.

Hard for jimmy to decide now on two of hughes milne or robbo if stick with same format.

Kyle has done a great job most of the season but looked ordinary today and was surprised deano didnt come on in or for second half.

f**k me it was cold today.

We were generally better and looked a bit more forward thinking with two up top once again.

Hemmings and Moore not listed today! Not sure if they're injured? If we got 1 of them it would be good business, but not getting my hopes up about Hemmings. If Moore is fit and not being used then I would like to think we would have a chance of getting him. That's if we're interested in him of course.

I can't see us getting him, but Barnsley do look like they may send out Hemmings on loan or sell him. They already have a good few strikers and they have just signed another one and taken two more on loan (one of them scoring on his debut today).

If Moore is fit again, I would definitely take him. Moore and Hemmings upfront and Chopper back fit would be what we need to take us up a few places in the league. Can only dream.

Would like to see the penalty incident again. Would've put my house on it being a cracking tackle but not much of a complaint from the players. Guess that's why I'm not a ref. Nat gave ball away far too often and is a bombscare on the ball. Midfield were too far apart too often leaving too much space for livvy players. Robbo and Hughes never contributed enough. Kudos made a difference. Great save by Robbie. As far as I'm concerned any point Cowden pick up, home or away, regardless of opposition, is a job well done. No right to beat anyone in this league.

Milne stays out the team for me. That is our strongest midfield 3.

No Cowden fan expects to win any game but 1 point from those 9 and the performances to boot arent good enough. It wasn't world beaters we were playing.

Milne stays out the team for me. That is our strongest midfield 3.

No Cowden fan expects to win any game but 1 point from those 9 and the performances to boot arent good enough. It wasn't world beaters we were playing.

Not world beaters, no, but they do all train and play together on a full-time basis. Makes a huge difference.

We r most definitely punching above our weight CC

But it was so frustrating at times today.

Most definitely punching above our weight but let's keep our ambitions by staying as an established club in this league.

Plus look at Dunfermline if we were to get relegated we could be down there for years.Great to think we have been in the league above Dunfermline for a second season now.

So bottom line yes we have been spoiled and yes we are punching above our weight but we have every right to be in this league as much as everyone else.

Very frustrating to watch today and lost my voice as a result but the fact of the matter is as Cc said a valuable point.

Does it though? Look at Dunfermline and Dumbarton.

Dumbarton are above Cowden probably in their rightful place in the league.

But are you seriously asking if full-time makes much difference?

Cowden will train roughly half the time most ft clubs will. Some players will have other jobs therefore may not be able to manage all sessions. That aside, it is so much more difficult to attract players to a club when you can only offer them pt employment.

Dumbarton are above Cowden probably in their rightful place in the league.

But are you seriously asking if full-time makes much difference?

Cowden will train roughly half the time most ft clubs will. Some players will have other jobs therefore may not be able to manage all sessions. That aside, it is so much more difficult to attract players to a club when you can only offer them pt employment.

Cowden have been able to offer some full-time contracts this year.

You are spot on though regarding attracting players.It's difficult for a club the size of ours to compete with other clubs budgets including some clubs in League One.

Archived