Would you take him at your club?

Win at all costs  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'd be perfectly possible to maintain his innocence and look to clear his name without being complicit in the vilification of the woman concerned.

If he maintains his innocence and reckons the girl in question has set him up I would expect him to have nothing but hate for her and is probably quite happy seeing her vilified.

I'd have him at the Rovers if it was guaranteed that he'd score the goal that made us finish above Rangers in the final playoff spot.

He'd probably end up at East Fife thereafter.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less if he doesn't show remorse, he's done his time.

I'm struggling a bit with this. He's done his time, fair enough.

I'm not sure if he tried to appeal during his time in jail. If he did, fair enough.

If he didn't appeal during his jail time, why not? Why wait till you're back out?

Couldn't care less if he doesn't show remorse, he's done his time.

He hasn't done his time, he's on probation. (Me, I think his current behaviour is sufficiently contemptuous of the judicial system to warrant that being revoked, but clearly that's not up to me.)

Going by most peoples judgements here anyone with a criminal record at all shouldn't be allowed to be a footballer all the same really no matter how serious or minor the offence is.

Well then in case of any doubt I'll say once again - I wouldn't want to sign him because of his behaviour now, not because of his conviction.

I had no issue with clubs signing Lee Hughes, who served longer for (ostensibly) a more serious offence.

He hasn't done his time, he's on probation. (Me, I think his current behaviour is sufficiently contemptuous of the judicial system to warrant that being revoked, but clearly that's not up to me.)

Well then in case of any doubt I'll say once again - I wouldn't want to sign him because of his behaviour now, not because of his conviction.

I had no issue with clubs signing Lee Hughes, who served longer for (ostensibly) a more serious offence.

Genuine question.

What 'behaviour now' are we talking about?

Has he openly been talking about the case?

What behaviour now are you referring to then?

Going by most peoples judgements here anyone with a criminal record at all shouldn't be allowed to be a footballer all the same really no matter how serious or minor the offence is.

Poor tiff ha

Sex offenders & murderers & the like should have no place at a football club.

Aye that's pretty much it for me too.

There are plenty of crimes whereby players can rehabilitate themselves but rapists are beyond that in my book.

"& the like"?

Need to be specific.

Surely each case should be discussed and debated individually.

This is not a black or white issue - and a lot of folk seem to think that it is. There are a lot of nuanced issues surrounding these types of cases and therefore its usually not helpful to generalise.

Its been reported that his website (or one linked to him in some way) has been actively hounding the girl and continuing to make her life a misery.

So basically the website has been hounding her in what way linked do you mean does he have direct control of this site? Does he decide what gets said on this site? or has the website just took his side?

So basically the website has been hounding her in what way linked do you mean does he have direct control of this site? Does he decide what gets said on this site? or has the website just took his side?

I don't know chief - like I said its been reported (on 5Live this morning but I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere too) that a website attributed to him has been hounding the girl.

The PC Gone Mad brigade is far more dangerous than the PC Brigade in my view. I always find it quite disturbing how many P&B types are fully fledged members of the first one.

Would love you to define this.

As it stands the kind of people who rant about PC in any shape or form are usually Ukippers. Mad folk really.

Objecting to a convicted rapist becoming a role model and mixing with young fans, families and kids does not make you mad.

I don't know chief - like I said its been reported (on 5Live this morning but I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere too) that a website attributed to him has been hounding the girl.

Unless he has any involvement at all with the website then it's content is completely irrelevant to what happens to him.

That's obvious, surely?

Would love you to define this.

As it stands the kind of people who rant about PC in any shape or form are usually Ukippers. Mad folk really.

Objecting to a convicted rapist becoming a role model and mixing with young fans, families and kids does not make you mad.

I think you're missing his point.

He's slagging off the 'PC gone mad' brigade.

Unless he has any involvement at all with the website then it's content is completely irrelevant to what happens to him.

That's obvious, surely?

If the website had no connection with him than yeah - I'd agree. But its being reported as being linked to him.

Archived