Sundown on Spartans

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just confirm that this is an official obituary and Spartans have given up and won't be trying next week?

Ha ha yes quite right Q. We've been sussed we know the only way to stop our players being poached at the end of the season is to throw it away as soon as the title hope is out of reach. The good point too is that Brangers will think it's going to be a walk in the park in t'Cup.

Grimbo

If so, I think he's better with Cen on the right. He's not shy of going forward but on the left he finds the angle difficult to manufacture the final ball.

Is motion a big loss? His range of passing means that he can open play quickly and this can cause problems for teams that sit in and pack the box- as BSC seem to have done on Saturday.

Some days teams are better than Spartans, it happens. BSC were the better team on Saturday, and didn't necessarily pack the box, they just played very well.

Packed the box was perhaps the wrong phrase- 'sat in' was more what I was going on and that's based on reports on here and newspaper reports.

Doesn't really bother me one way or another whether spartans win/lose or draw and IMO the better performer on the day always wins- the job is to score more than the opposition and therefore the winner is always the better performer. End of. And on Saturday that was obviously BSC.

In actual fact I think the BR game will suit spartans as the opposition won't sit in as much as the last few opponents have.

I thought that Edinburgh Uni were going to be on the receiving end of the Spartans back lash. A draw suggests otherwise.

I can't decide whether the back lash starts next week or now is the best time in years to play them.

It will be interesting to see the odds for next week's match.

I thought that Edinburgh Uni were going to be on the receiving end of the Spartans back lash. A draw suggests otherwise.

I can't decide whether the back lash starts next week or now is the best time in years to play them.

It will be interesting to see the odds for next week's match.

Think you're right cic. Interesting to see whether the spartans players put in a shift to get places for what has now become their priority fixture, or whether they have one eye on the following weekend.

Either way the recent form table would show Gretna near the top and spartans near the bottom ( last 4 games).

Either way the recent form table would show Gretna near the top and spartans near the bottom ( last 4 games).

If you're talking league only, to be precise it would show Spartans bottom (jointly with Threave) and Gretna top (jointly with Edinburgh City and East Kilbride).

If you're talking league only, to be precise it would show Spartans bottom (jointly with Threave) and Gretna top (jointly with Edinburgh City and East Kilbride).

Cheers HJ but didn't have access to the exact results- cheers again. Wonder when the last time a four game spell would show spartans to be bottom of a league form table?

Good for the league profile when the one team that most football followers across the country know is in a serious battle for a top five place and a long way short of challenging for the top.

Raises eyebrows but the teams doing well in the league should be applauded rather than constantly bemoaning how spartans have played.

Or too scared of missing the tie through injury or suspension.

Inclined to agree that this could happen cic.

As much as we can sit and say 'they won't be thinking of next week' it would only be human nature to have next weeks game in the back of their mind. Think they'd be ok when they react and go with instincts, but when they have time to think about what they're doing they may be a bit more apprehensive.

Incidentally was McLeod sent off for violent conduct today and if so, how does that affect his availability v berwick?

I would think Spartans would want as many points in the league as possible though.

Not suggesting they don't want to win or won't try to win but stating that human nature may dictate that they may at times be a little less committed to some of the situations that arise during a game.

Archived