Age differences in relationships

ICTChris

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say yes you do change a lot between 21 and 34 and that is a substantial gap

Another thing that bothers me is that if an older man starts seeing a 16 year old girl. Fair enough its "legal" but his intentions would have been the same months before when she was under age so is he not pretty much still a paedo?

Do you realise how ridiculous a statement that is?

There's 13 years between myself and Ruggy. Very rarely notice the age gap.

That's because you're the same generation.

30 years is a generation gap and would be more of a concern. Clearly Stephen Fry is making an error, but he is too smitten to see it. Yet.

I think that is creepy as f**k tbh my dad is 30 years older than me and i certainly wouldn't like to have sex with him

That boys prob in it for the money

A fine post there.

I think its a fair point, why must you constantly criticise me?

If a man waits until a girl is the legal age before having a relationship with her, how on earth can you say he is "pretty much still a Paedo?"

The fact that he waited until she was the legal age, makes it ,well, legal!.

What your actually saying, is people can be tarred with a certain brush , just for having thoughts.

In answer to your second point a) because it's easy,b) because you set yourself up for it and c) you come across as a fucking idiot

If a man waits until a girl is the legal age before having a relationship with her, how on earth can you say he is "pretty much still a Paedo?"

The fact that he waited until she was the legal age, makes it ,well, legal!.

What your actually saying, is people can be tarred with a certain brush , just for having thoughts.

In answer to your second point a) because it's easy,b) because you set yourself up for it and c) you come across as a fucking idiot

I still think its a pretty seedy thing to do to prowl about a 15 year old until she turns 16 because you are still having indecent thoughts about an underager until the law says its alright to lay her to the sword. You could if you wanted to start making love to her at 1159 and then be finished by 1201 and not be a paedo

And i take your point C very personally, i thought we had a decent rapport?

I still think its a pretty seedy thing to do to prowl about a 15 year old until she turns 16 because you are still having indecent thoughts about an underager until the law says its alright to lay her to the sword. You could if you wanted to start making love to her at 1159 and then be finished by 1201 and not be a paedo

And i take your point C very personally, i thought we had a decent rapport?

Read your original quote.

You said," if a man starts seeing a 16 year old girl"

Also, if I understand what you're trying to say here, if you started making love to her when she was 15 and at 11.59pm on the eve of her 16th birthday, then you would be breaking the law, as she'd still be 15!

My missus of approx. 4 1/2 years was a wee bit funny about the age gap between us when we started seeing each other. I was 23 and she was 27. I didn't see the problem myself and it soon went away. Now I'm 27 however, if I was single, I'm not sure I would start a relationship with anyone <23. That's probably more to do with maturity than physical age though.

Absolutely no upper limit for me though. Well, until it just starts getting gross.

My missus is 2 years and 9 months younger than me. I'm 29 and she is 26. That's borderline ok IMO. Any more of a gap is weird and creepy.

Read your original quote.

You said," if a man starts seeing a 16 year old girl"

Also, if I understand what you're trying to say here, if you started making love to her when she was 15 and at 11.59pm on the eve of her 16th birthday, then you would be breaking the law, as she'd still be 15!

Aye but I'm speaking in hypotheticals

I was seeing a 25year old last summer which was on the whole fine but a bit weird when discussing old movies and music...........to put it into context - she was 3years old when I left school!

If you can recount leaving school and your partner says they werent even born at that point, then youre a BEAST

Archived