Age differences in relationships

ICTChris

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this earlier and wondered how long it would take before there was a mention on here.

Live and let live. They're both consenting adults, and if they are happy, it's not for anyone to pass judgement, IMO.

There's ten years between my wife and myself (I'm 26, she's 36).

The (then) 18 year old has added me on every form of social media since I split up from her - Friends Reunited, Bebo, MySpace, Facebook. She clearly wanted a bit more, which also rankles with Mrs Chris.

Thankfully my old (or young) ex now has a boyfriend, who seems like a nice guy and they are very happy.

My girlfriend is 24 and I'm 33 and I really don't notice any difference but I am quite young looking and also an immature c**t.

I agree with this in the main......as long as both partners is on the same wave length then age is just a number. That said I doubt I could go out with someone younger than 24 to be honest.

I saw this earlier and wondered how long it would take before there was a mention on here.

Live and let live. They're both consenting adults, and if they are happy, it's not for anyone to pass judgement, IMO.

You are the Harry Styles of P&B IMHAHO.

There's a big age difference between me and my missus - when I met her I was approaching 40 and she was in her early 20s. It's never been an issue - she's one of those level-headed burds and I'm spectacularly immature, so things seems to even out. When I first met her I was a bit resistant at first to going out with someone that much younger, but it just worked out.

I thought initially there might be a problem with her folks accepting it, but it turned out there's a fair age difference with them too, though the other way round, so no grief there either. The bottom line is when you meet the right (adult!) person age is just a number, and if anyone gets sand in their vaseline over the concept, it's their problem...

There have been 5 long term Mrs. eindhovendees over the years.

I got together with the last one who was actually from Eindhoven when she was 23 and I was 40, we were together for 8 years, the present one is 36 and I am now 51.

Previous to that I have had 2, 5 and 14 years difference. None of the relationships were better or worse for the age difference just on how we were as people, all lovely girls.

Couldn't be happier than right now though.

I think it depends on your attitude to life, reading some of the comments on here last week about hogmanay and going out/staying in were an eye-opener.

There are guys on here that must be early twenties going on eighty judging by the negativity surrounding what should be an enjoyable time.

Life is what you make of it.

^^^ married to a cougar

Guest The Phoenix

Anyway, my ex was 5 years younger than me. Still is I imagine.

Fear not, she'll be comfortably ahead in mental age comparison.

5.5 years between me and my missus, her being the younger of the two. Reasonable enough gap to leave enough differences that we always have plenty to talk about.

When I was 27 I went out with an 18 year old for a while. That was a bit too much of a gap in all honesty, though it was a fantastic ego boost at the time.

Archived