Age differences in relationships

ICTChris

I see Stephen Fry is marrying a man 30 years younger than him. Age differences in relationships generally cause some comment - do P&Bers think 30 years is acceptable? Is it different because it's two men or do you have the same reaction to a man marrying a younger woman or a woman shacking up with a younger fellow?

Cracking photo fo Frya nd his man

What's the biggest age gap that P&Bers would find acceptable?

What's the biggest age gap that P&Bers have ever personally experienced in a relationship?

How scary does Stephen Fry look in this photo?

rexfeatures-4110604bi-1-762x428.jpg

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 years is a lot. It's a generation. I don't any regular couples with such a gap.

Funny how when a celeb is involved, the older partner is incredibly rich...

They're also probably a combination of more charismatic/funny/good looking/intelligent than your average punter on the high street.

Its obviously down to the individuals concerned but the younger person must almost always be in it for the money

People are going to talk undoubtedly about you so its just up to the individuals to decide whether its worth it or not.

Provided the gap isn't too extreme I think that once you are in your 20s age differences are pretty meaningless. Do you change much between being 21 and being 34?

There's 13 years between myself and Ruggy. Very rarely notice the age gap.

smith_marshall180.jpg

I would say yes you do change a lot between 21 and 34 and that is a substantial gap

Another thing that bothers me is that if an older man starts seeing a 16 year old girl. Fair enough its "legal" but his intentions would have been the same months before when she was under age so is he not pretty much still a paedo?

Surely everyone knows its age/2 +7 for how young you can go?

Given fry is 57 then he shouldn't be with anyone younger than 36(rounding up). So yes, its too big of gap.

Of course what two adults of sound mind choose to do is up to them, but f**k that, there's rules to be followed.

I agree that age is merely a number, if they are both consenting adults then what's the problem? My first long term relationship was with a woman 15 years older than me, I was 21 and she was 36.

Theres not really a problem its just fun to gossip about it tbh and thats what people will do in the situation.

Archived