St Mirren v Aberdeen, 10 January

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ht 0-2

Actually played ok. Created a few chances. Sadly we failed to defend two crosses from our right and both went in in quick succession.

Can't see us coming back certainly, 0-3 is more likely than 1-2.

But remember what happened last time we were 2-0 down to Aberdeen? Yeah, can't see that happening either.

First half microcosm of our season.

Doing at least as well for the first 30 minutes as the league leaders, ref misses a clear push on McLean just inside the dons half, 3 or 4 passes later a hopefully cross gets lofted in to the box and ends up in the back of the net.

A minute later cross to back post and it's game over.

Saints actually not playing badly at all, with the exception of Wylde who is surely not fit.

Got to hope we escape this with as iittle damage as possible to the goal difference and then get at least two new signings in before the big one next week.

Shitey shitebags. Surely folk are getting bored of writing about us missing chances and letting in soft goals?

Think we're fucked unless we can pull an Isma style rabbit out of the hat over the next couple of weeks.

At least our proud defensive record continues. Never mind Britain, we'll soon be the only professional team in Europe without a clean sheet, if we're not already.

Full time 0-2

About right really. Second half came and went with a few chances to either side.

Aberdeen are clearly a side full of confidence, and we are the opposite.

Big game at Dingwall next week!

8 wins in a row, 8 clean sheets, no bookings either, so good all round.

STAND FREE....

BTW, when did we last have a player booked?

Look out for the retrospective red card for Goodwillie for a first half elbow on Goodwin.

On Goodwillie, is he a Saints fan? Moans at levels where you could see him comfortably getting a place in the West Bank.

Played ok until Aberdeen scored the first. However, another game where we created absolutely nothing. There was no urgency for the players and to be honest Aberdeen never had to get out of first gear. They could still have scored about 5.

I don't understand why Teale is persisting with playing a midfielder up front, I can see why we tried it but it's clearly not working. Just stick Ball up there. Another thing bringing on Reilly with three minutes to go when we are 2-0 down what is the f'king point in that?

Teale has pissed me off today, the refusal to change things until 20 minutes to go when it was clearly not working was classic TC management.

The fact of the matter is the team is shite. The only players I would keep would be Ridgers, McLean and McGinn (although McGinn is a shadow of his former self). I don't think the other young guys are ready yet for the first team.

Lose on Saturday and I can't see us coming back. In saying that I can't see us coming back from this just now.

Played ok until Aberdeen scored the first. However, another game where we created absolutely nothing. There was no urgency for the players and to be honest Aberdeen never had to get out of first gear. They could still have scored about 5.

I don't understand why Teale is persisting with playing a midfielder up front, I can see why we tried it but it's clearly not working. Just stick Ball up there. Another thing bringing on Reilly with three minutes to go when we are 2-0 down what is the f'king point in that?

Teale has pissed me off today, the refusal to change things until 20 minutes to go when it was clearly not working was classic TC management.

The fact of the matter is the team is shite. The only players I would keep would be Ridgers, McLean and McGinn (although McGinn is a shadow of his former self). I don't think the other young guys are ready yet for the first team.

Lose on Saturday and I can't see us coming back. In saying that I can't see us coming back from this just now.

I think our saving grace might actually be Motherwell.

We've played them twice, and outplayed them when they we were down to 10 men in both games, and had at least one good goal chopped off in the second game.

They've recently lost 5-0 to Accies and 4-1 to Dundee, and comparing our performance today against Aberdeen was much better than Well's last week.

We are clearly in a 3 team league.

A couple of decent signings and I think we can top that three team league.

I think our saving grace might actually be Motherwell.

We've played them twice, and outplayed them when they we were down to 10 men in both games, and had at least one good goal chopped off in the second game.

They've recently lost 5-0 to Accies and 4-1 to Dundee, and comparing our performance today against Aberdeen was much better than Well's last week.

We are clearly in a 3 team league.

A couple of decent signings and I think we can top that three team league.

Sadly I think you could be right Boaby F.

At this rate there is only 1 certainty - we (MFC) will finish in the bottom 2.

It kind of pains me to say this - but WELL done Aberdeen. I hope you keep up a proper challenge to the Mhanks for the rest of the season.

Fine for the first half, lost a freak goal then could have been further behind than we were at half-time. Chances to reduce the deficit at the start of the second but can't believe Aberdeen didn't get a third. Worthy winners and better display from them than we saw from Celtic in September.

Our squad is an absolute joke due to Craig's recruitment and we have to put it right now. Problem is Teale (who will almost certainly be in charge even though I don't think he should be) will have sod all to work financially - we need five or six players, will probably get half that and they'll probably be young boys again because there is sod all money.

Archived