St Mirren v Aberdeen, 10 January

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the highlights on teuchter TV from last night, I'm surprised no buddie is moaning about the foul on McLean in the run up to our first goal. Looked to me that Taylor pushed him then the ball broke to us, it went up to McGinn and he scored with that deliberately misleading shot.

Unsurprisingly, I mentioned it at half time.

First half microcosm of our season.

Doing at least as well for the first 30 minutes as the league leaders, ref misses a clear push on McLean just inside the dons half, 3 or 4 passes later a hopefully cross gets lofted in to the box and ends up in the back of the net.

A minute later cross to back post and it's game over.

Saints actually not playing badly at all, with the exception of Wylde who is surely not fit.

Got to hope we escape this with as iittle damage as possible to the goal difference and then get at least two new signings in before the big one next week.

As everyone agrees Saints were on top until that goal, and that definitely changed the game.

So instead of a freekick to Saints in the Aberdeen half, we're a goal down.

We are carrying no 'luck' this season when it comes to refs spotting things that adversely affect us.

It was a foul, but the big number 5 was getting away with them all through the match. At one point our Mcginn went past him and he held him back, yet the foul was given against our McGinn. Frustrating as hell, I alluded to the fact the current dons team is a bit like an OF team and the fact they got away with a lot of fouls in my post yesterday. The push on McLean was annoying at the time and was a foul but it's the sort of thing that happens week in week out to us at the moment, so no point in bleating on about it.

Haven't watched the Alba coverage, but there was another at 0-0 where McLean looked as if he clipped the ball by the last defender who just blatantly blocked him, and the ref waived it away.

There were no Collum like 2-penalties and an incorrect red card stuff going on, but we didn't seem to be getting the breaks. Hadn't thought about it, but it was kinda OF like.

Still hope Aberdeen win the title though!

Edited to add: Have now watched the first half of Alba highlights.

McLean clearly blocked by Don's 5. Claims for it but stays up in a 'too honest' manner instead of falling down holding a random part of his anatomy.

McGinn fouled by Hayes (I think it was), foul goes to Dons.

And Goodwillie does indeed swing a fly elbow at Goodwin. Didn't realise it was immediately after him getting up when he was rolling around claiming Osbourne fouled him. Seemed a bit weird that he'd just elbow Goodwin so clearly, but he was obviously being a bit impetuous. Sportscene may well highlight this one tonight; though again, Jim just got on with it. No histrionics.

Push on McLean before the goal is crystal clear, and the ref is 5 yards away. How he misses it I've no idea.

Is McLean maybe a Sevco fan?

Hurrah! I CAN blame the officials again :-).

Does the first goal take a small deflection off Osbourne (?) who was closing McGinn down? Heard some say it was wind assisted but don't thing the wind played a part in it.

Anyway as others have said sums up our season. Played well, matched Aberdeen initially. Unlucky first goal where the keeper should have done better then a quickfire second through poor defending and not closing the crosser down. Game over and the Dons can close it out.

We've got nothing up top. Ball seems to be out of favour with Teale ditto Marwood, but we have to play one to give us a focal point.

Fair play to Aberdeen. A strong side defensively and their keeper was excellent as is Logan. McGinn is a menace, he'd be in my team every week. They counter attack at pace and are impressive. Goodwillie looks a shadow of the kid at Dundee United however.

Be interesting to see what McInnes does tactically if they say went a goal down however.

After watching the highlights on teuchter TV from last night, I'm surprised no buddie is moaning about the foul on McLean in the run up to our first goal. Looked to me that Taylor pushed him then the ball broke to us, it went up to McGinn and he scored with that deliberately misleading shot.

I think everyone's even to weary to fucking boooooooo at the moment. I also think there's an acceptance that, even if that goal was a turning point, football teams can stomach poor decisions and a bit of bad luck if they're playing ok or carry a goal threat. Neither of those applies to us right now, so if it wasn't that goal, it would have been another one.

Haven't watched the Alba coverage, but there was another at 0-0 where McLean looked as if he clipped the ball by the last defender who just blatantly blocked him, and the ref waived it away.

There were no Collum like 2-penalties and an incorrect red card stuff going on, but we didn't seem to be getting the breaks. Hadn't thought about it, but it was kinda OF like.

Still hope Aberdeen win the title though!

Edited to add: Have now watched the first half of Alba highlights.

McLean clearly blocked by Don's 5. Claims for it but stays up in a 'too honest' manner instead of falling down holding a random part of his anatomy.

McGinn fouled by Hayes (I think it was), foul goes to Dons.

And Goodwillie does indeed swing a fly elbow at Goodwin. Didn't realise it was immediately after him getting up when he was rolling around claiming Osbourne fouled him. Seemed a bit weird that he'd just elbow Goodwin so clearly, but he was obviously being a bit impetuous. Sportscene may well highlight this one tonight; though again, Jim just got on with it. No histrionics.

Push on McLean before the goal is crystal clear, and the ref is 5 yards away. How he misses it I've no idea.

Is McLean maybe a Sevco fan?

Hurrah! I CAN blame the officials again :-).

It's a real shame for St Mirren. If it wasn't for poor refereeing and some bad luck then it would be Saints, not Aberdeen, at the top of the league and pushing Celtic all the way.

It's a real shame for St Mirren. If it wasn't for poor refereeing and some bad luck then it would be Saints, not Aberdeen, at the top of the league and pushing Celtic all the way.

Good to see there are some people with sense and vision on this forum.

Yeah it's amazing the amount of "bad luck" we've had this season.

Without signing a decent quality striker(s) we are fucked.

Oh and go on Aberdeen - f**k them up. You have the backing of every non-cellic fan in scotland!

Archived