St Mirren v Aberdeen, 10 January

Fine for the first half, lost a freak goal then could have been further behind than we were at half-time. Chances to reduce the deficit at the start of the second but can't believe Aberdeen didn't get a third. Worthy winners and better display from them than we saw from Celtic in September.

Our squad is an absolute joke due to Craig's recruitment and we have to put it right now. Problem is Teale (who will almost certainly be in charge even though I don't think he should be) will have sod all to work financially - we need five or six players, will probably get half that and they'll probably be young boys again because there is sod all money.

Craig's signings have been diabolical, Lennon also made many atrocious signings. In the past few seasons I've lost count of the amount of players we have signed who have been shown the door within six months. What kind of scouting are we doing? All our signings seem to be free agents who will probably be being touted round every club going. Other teams manage to pick up decent players from the lower leagues.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romeo seems rather ruffled.

It pains me somewhat to do so but you have to give a huge amount of credit to the Sheep and McInnes.

Even if it all falls apart to keep a challenge going this far into the season is fantastic.

Mind when we were all told the Championship was the most competitive league in Scotland?

What can I say, playing the dons today was like playing against a team of winners. They were not great but had enough quality to get two goals and soaked up any pressure we could give. The boy Hayes was a joy to watch at points. Neither of their goals were spectacular so quite infuriating to lose to those goals,but it was very like watching an old firm team,don't take that the wrong way dons fans. What I mean is that they would let us huff and puff and play with the ball and look good up to a point. They have a couple of no-nonsense centre halfs who know how to clear the ball and get away with fouls, and some good players going forward.

Thought the Dons fans were good banter mainly slagging each other which is a breath of fresh air compared to OF knuckledraggers. Though what was their booing of Goodwin all about, I understand it from DU fans but don't know why dons hate him, you even cheered when Robson kicked the ball off him, notice he didn't flinch though. Also Goodwillie tried to elbow him, again didn't flinch.

Now that game is out the way I hope they go on a great winning streak and challenge for the title, maybe just drop points to us at Pittodrie.

I don't think we were as bad as some people are making out though and feel Teale could do a job if he wasn't left with the mess TC created. Thought majority of our players were good, McLean, Goodwin, Tess, Mallan were all very good.

Good luck dons, f**k them up.

Nah, chucked betting. I only ever put a couple of quid on but I never win.

It's a mugs game. I'll stick to the lottery...how can I lose?

I never bet on my team winning. It's the curse of death :(

I never actually put my massive £1 bet on you fucking idiot. Glad it's got you foaming at the mouth though.

So was your "bet" supposed to be a joke? If so should probably hold back on the shit banter in future.

For some reason I think we'll get something.

Play like that every week and we could push for top six. Exciting season ahead.

You should really be paying me for these. Spurring on your title challenge and our impending relegation IMO.

I thought we were the better side until the goal(s). We looked to be playing some of our better football in recent weeks (wouldn't be difficult) but as usual, not having a good striker equals 0 goals. Who knew.

Fair play to Aberdeen, who I must say I'm immensely impressed with. Robust while exciting to watch, I really hope they keep the run going. In true Kevin Keegan fashion, I would LOVE IT if they won the league. Good luck lads.

As for us....well, I'm off to book train tickets to Alloa and get my jags for Cowdenbeath.

Archived