St Mirren v Aberdeen, 10 January

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope Aberdeen sell out the West Stand allocation too. A lot of Saints fans hate having to share it with rival fans, but I always find it pushes the fans that would sit in W5, W6 and W7 further up and boosts the atmosphere a bit.

Plus it means we get more dosh that could go towards a competent footballer in the January window. I live but in hope.

For some reason I think we'll get something. It's like the game up at Pittodrie, everything is pointing towards an Aberdeen win. Everything. They were even 2-0 up and threw it away that night. Not a single St Mirren fan is expecting to get anything though so it would be fucking hilarious if we did.

Really hope Aberdeen sell out the West Stand allocation too. A lot of Saints fans hate having to share it with rival fans, but I always find it pushes the fans that would sit in W5, W6 and W7 further up and boosts the atmosphere a bit.

Plus it means we get more dosh that could go towards a competent footballer in the January window. I live but in hope.

For some reason I think we'll get something. It's like the game up at Pittodrie, everything is pointing towards an Aberdeen win. Everything. They were even 2-0 up and threw it away that night. Not a single St Mirren fan is expecting to get anything though so it would be fucking hilarious if we did.

Aye?

I think we only don't like sharing it with the Old Firm. I don't mind when other teams have shared it with us.

The weather outside doesn't sound promising at all though.

There may only be about 100 PATG as we still have just under 50 tickets left to sell for the away end, but they'll all go tomorrow.

Good crowd nonetheless.

Aye?

:lol: It made more sense before I posted it. To clarify: realistically, I don't think you'll find a St Mirren fan who genuinely thinks that Saints are better than Aberdeen and will beat them. That said, everything is pointing towards an Aberdeen win and historically these are the sort of games in which St Mirren win against all odds. I there's a distinction to be made between logically evaluating both teams and harbouring a gut feeling about the game's outcome.

There's some lovely sig material right there.

You mean you're telling me that you've torn the arse out of the one you've been using for the past few months? StandFree, I'm both shocked and disappointed.

I am always nervous when Aberdeen are on a run. It has to come to an end sometime.

In addition, I think this league is super-competitive this season, with very few of our games having been walkovers (from a goals perspective).

Also you have to take into account, Aberdeen are on their best league run in what?....... 15 years, and have managed to amass a whole 4 points more than Hamilton and five above Utd and Caley. It's not much, and as well as Aberdeen have been playing, others have been doing pretty well to.

I thought St Mirren looked like they played well enough at the weekend, but didn't get what their play possibly deserved. Aberdeen were probably put under more pressure than St Mirren, last time we went to Inversneckie and came away with all three points!

I'm obviously hoping that we'll knvt St Mirren, but this winning malarky is no good for my nerves! The tension is unbearable at times. :) (insert never happy smilie here). ;)

Yours

aDONis

A few questions for St Mirren fans. Is there normally plenty of space in the car park? Also, any idea why you can't park on Ferguslie Park Ave? Presumably it's just the Police being c***s to football fans for the sake of it?

A few questions for St Mirren fans. Is there normally plenty of space in the car park? Also, any idea why you can't park on Ferguslie Park Ave? Presumably it's just the Police being c***s to football fans for the sake of it?

Normally plenty of spaces in the car park. Cost is £4. Parking is allowed on FPA as far as I`ve seen on match days.

Plenty of street parking available. Murray street which is across from the Main Stand, theres also 3 streets near the family stand and industrial area. Pretty sure there is parking available where the away supporters buses park too.

Ok cheers guys. Just seemed from the warnings about restrictions that it wouldn't be very easy. Would get the train but no trains leaving near full time

There's a train that leaves Paisley St James at 10 past 5, a brisk walk to Queen St should get you on the 17.41 to Aberdeen.

Also you have to take into account, Aberdeen are on their best league run in what?....... 15 years, and have managed to amass a whole 4 points more than Hamilton and five above Utd and Caley. It's not much, and as well as Aberdeen have been playing, others have been doing pretty well to.

This is exactly what I was thinking earlier. Superb run of results but only a handful of points ahead of most of the Top 6.

Archived